Womens Running

Spring Forward Weekend (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Maybe we get more spring for you that are still frozen!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Sunshine and a high of 61 predicted here today! Coffee now, then a little cleaning, then I'm heading out for 12 miles. Quite possible in shorts.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 6.5. Now to the puppy pool

Marjorie

LC Runs

5.1 Miles OUTSIDE!!!!!  Still chilly (21 degrees) but dry roads and clear skies, so I will take it!

Hi Marjorie and Karen!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Today, I am going to run 2-4 miles.  Wish me luck.

Marjorie, nice run.  Enjoy the puppy pool.

Karen, nice weather. Enjoy your 12.

LC Runs, yay for running outside.

Have a great weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Snowing here...I don't want to talk about it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - Love the new bike!!!  Fun Smile

Marjorie - NIce on the run!  Did you end up painting this week-end.  I don't know how you do all the traveling1

LCruns - woohoo on the outside run!  How is the marathon training going???

Karen - 60 degrees....don't even remember that!  We are having spring fever when it is over 30 here!

damarias - You are really having a speedy recovery!

Ginny - Ugh on the snow....can't believe we are north of you, and you are getting the snow!

Tessa - Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, and prayers....

What a crazy week here....Jury duty - had to report, but didn't get on a trial, and a very busy work week.  Did get out for my runs, and did 14 today...I'm beat now.

Anonymous Guest

My 12 went really well. I'm supposed to do 15 with 12 at MP tomorrow, but after my run I signed up for an 8K downtown tomorrow. I just wanted to race - it's been a month since my last one. I figure I'll get in at least 10 miles with a warm up and cool down, then get the rest in when I get home. I went to pick up my packet and walked by several restaurants with outdoor seating - all completely full with people waiting. it was a beautiful day.

Ginny, I am sorry. That really sucks.

Typing one-handed due to dog on lap trying to nudge the computer out of the way, so I'm gonna sign off.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Sunshine and warmth here. Woot! I ran 9.6 miles yesterday afternoon and it was pretty nice, other than dodging the slushy spots from Thursday's ice storm. I was pretty wiped out after; I was with my Saturday running partner and we were talking about how our legs had felt after Wednesday's tempo run, and I said, "My legs are pretty tired today." Then I glanced down at my Garmin and said, "Of course, the 8:44 pace we're running could have something to do with that." !!! That's way fast for me for a long run. That wasn't our pace for the whole run, just for the mile we were in at the moment, but still.

We survived DS3's birthday party yesterday afternoon. Eleven first-graders at the roller skating rink. At one point during the opening of gifts, DS1 (who's 11) looked at me and said, "These are the most demonic children I've ever seen!" Ha.

Karen - good luck racing today! I like the 8K distance. I'm racing a 10K next weekend and I'm curious to see how I do - I'm running really well right now.

Marjorie - how's the hip feeling?

Laura - yay for getting outside! Hopefully this will be over soon. My kids have missed 8 days of school, which is unheard of here. And we had a lot of people without power on Friday. We were lucky - ours was only out for about 4 hours.

Damaris - I hope your run goes well. Don't push too hard and set yourself back.

Ginny - I think we need to have a serious chat with the weather gods.

Carol - my work week was crazy too, and this coming week is looking the same.

Off to get ready for church-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 4 miles yesterday and they went great.  Slow, though, but I assume I will find my speed soon.  Biking tonight.

Ginny, hope you get some relief from the weather soon.

Biker, nice 14.  Hope next week is calmer.

Karen, good luck on the race.

Cindy, Nice work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Good morning!

I did a great hike yesterday with 2 waterfalls.  The last one was a small volume waterfall, but cut through a tall cliff, so it was pretty neat. The second trail was entirely among a creek with Mountain Laurel bushes growing along side. I saw a couple trail runners which made me a bit green, but it was still a wonderful day with good company. Best of all, my hip was only a little achy afterwards and is ok today so I'm going to Amicalola with a friend this afternoon.

Cindy, it sounds like you are really going to be ready for the 10 miler.  I also have to say, your boys sound really neat.

Karen, have fun today! I'm glad you're racing.

Ginny, you really have my sympathy. It was always our April snows that would get to me, but I imagine you expect better in March whereas we just knew March was still winter. Just a few more weeks.

Laura, I'm glad you had a nice OUTSIDE run!

Carol, nice 14 miler, esp after a rough work week.

DR, nice 4 miler!

Marjorie, nice run!  I hope you had fun at puppy pool.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Puppy pool was great. I got the paint for the master bedroom. Did the closet and most the bathroom. That took a whole gallon. So much trim to cut in and several walls etc. it is worth it. Today need to finish the bathroom.  I will start the bedroom if time. At least the closet us done so when the instal the custom closet I just need to do touch ups.

Ran 8.4 this am. Dh ran a mile. Glad to see him running again.

Karen oh have a great race

Carol I got calked to federal jury duty. It was supposed to start the 18th but I got a call and email that it was cancelled. So I don't have to block out two weeks of work and I don't have to drive almost 100 miles to get there.

Cindy hip is pretty good, thanks for asking. I am going to have some ART done as I can't get the range if motion all the way back so I need someone to do the specialized stuff.

Ginny have aver you all set a snow record yet?

Laura isn't  it nice to run outside?

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Today's race went well. Caught up with a couple friends I hadn't seen in awhile before the race, The race went as well as could be expected, I think. I ran a race on this same course in December, went out too fast and blew up towards the end. Today my splits were 6:47, 7:05, 7:02, 7:00, 6:38 and 6:08 for the last little bit (a few out and backs and several turns and I apparently can't run a tangent very well). Finish time was 35:18. Not a PR, but 20 seconds faster than December and a much better executed race. Ended up the dreaded 4th in my age group, but that's okay. I ended up with 9.55 miles including my warm up, and I'm going to go out for another 5 or so this afternoon. My plan called for 15 w/ 12 at MP today. Averaging my race with my warm up, I'm at an 8:05 pace for this morning's miles. So not what Pfitz intended, I'm sure, but I'm going to try to get a couple MP miles this afternoon and call the workout good.

Also, this is the same area that my 5K is being held in 2 weeks. If today is any indication, I might be able to PR there. My 5K PR is kinda soft compared to some of my others, but it's been hell trying to beat.

Colder here today - still going to be in the mid-40s, so I'm not complaining.

Cindy, now I'm excited for your 10K. I love it when I'm running well leading up to a race....

Laura, hooray for an outside run!

Damaris, glad the 4 went well.

Carol, you sound busy! At work the other day we were talking about the fact that things like jury duty, snow days, etc., really ended up doing nothing more than stressing us all out because deadlines don't care about those things. Hopefully you've done your civic duty and can be "off the list" for awhile.

Camille, the hike sounds awesome. I love waterfalls. For me, they make a beautiful hike spectacular. And I'm so glad the hip was not achy after!!

Marjorie, sometimes just reading your posts makes me tired! You get so much accomplished on the weekends. I guess with all your travel during the week you pack as much as you can in on the weekends, but still...

Anonymous Guest

4.55 more miles around the 'hood for an even 15 for the day.

DH went up to New Jersey today to race. He's basically riding for this other guy on his team, and that guy won both of the races they did. Don't know how DH fared - he was planning on going out hard and taking as many people with him as he could so his teammate could take it easier in the beginning and have the power at the end to win. He promised me he wouldn't be "too tired" to go out to dinner, so I'm sure as soon as he gets back we'll be going out to eat and I'll hear all about it.

Bikerchick1

Camille - Where are all these waterfalls that you hike to?  They sound wonderful!

Karen - Great job on your race...you are so speedy!

Marjorie - You do get alot accomplished in a week-end.

Cindy - Nice to hear you are running so wel!!!

I'm tired today .  so am taking a rest day, and do some paperwork that needs to be done.

Carol