Womens Running

WARM UP WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 18 times)

SassySparky

A little blip of warm weather today!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did 5 miles with 4 x 800m. Goal was 4:01, my intervals were 4:04, 4:04, 4:08 and 4:09. Not bad. I blame the hills!

NRR: I was running in a nice neighborhood, and a cop stopped me and asked if I had seen a veteran roaming the streets. Said he was 35-40 and missing his right arm, and was seen leaving his apartment. It made me sad.

NRR2: Nothing much happening here. It's nice to not have any deadlines or major projects looming but I know that's changing. I have a TON of experiments to finish and it's been kind of busy at work, but at least my evenings have been calm.

POrun

Happy Hump Day!!!!

RR: Still laughing... Does feeling like I have more energy where I can get out of bed without forcing myself completely count?

NRR: The stupid FMLA paperwork is killing me! My Dr's office sucks at this... so, I've been logging hours for it still unaccounted for officially, and it's making me work more than I should be. I'm going to send out a specific step by step list of what they need to do and see if they can figure it out without having to make me go pay for an appt to do it for them. Any ways, still feel sick to my stomach, but am starting to get more energy. We have a renter for our older house moving in on May 1st! We had wanted to sell, were going to take a 70K loss on the house, didn't get any offers, sat on it for a few months, put it up for rent last week, and have someone to sign on to rent from our company today. Huge relief.

Sassy: Great job on the intervals. That's pretty close. Aww, that would be sad. Good luck on the experiments.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies! Happy Hump Day!

RR: I didn't walk yesterday. I got home from work and it was 40 degrees, windy and gross. It's going to be 70 and sunny today, so I'll get out for a 20 minute walk.

NRR: I'm really looking forward to this weekend! I can't wait to see K. I can't believe she is almost 3 months old! She's starting to make sounds and babble a bit. I can't wait to hear it in person!

Sparky: Great job on the intervals! Smile

PO: Thinking about you, darling and sending you healing vibes!

LucyBelle

So it's really NOT a great start to hump day for me. GRRRRRRRRRR. Angry

RR: Was all happy that I got up before work to run, the sun was shining, I stepped outside, aaaaaaaand...well, see NRR for the rest. I did run 3 miles though.

NRR: Someone totally sideswiped my car last night, did a lot of damage, and drove off!! I went out for my run and saw the cover of my side mirror in my driveway and was like oh no...went to my car and the entire driver's side is smashed in and scratched to hell, the mirror is mangled and dangling...UGH. Angry Of course whoever did it did not leave a note. People suck so much! I'll just have to pay me deductible, but still, $500 is nothing to sneeze at! Totally ruined my mood this morning. Plus, I needed to get to work early because I have so much to do, but now I'm waiting on the police to come file a report, and then I need to deal with the insurance company. Blah.

LucyBelle

Sassy: It's supposed to warm up here too, which I'm super excited about! It's already pretty nice out, close to 50 and sunny! I say those interval times were great on hills!

POrun: Ugh sorry FMLA is so difficult...well, sorry your doctor isn't making it easier. Sorry about the nausea too, such an icky feeling, but hooray for a bit more energy! Keep resting!

RLTW: I love baby babbles! H has "conversations" and it's absolutely precious!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: I did not run this morning, nor did I do ST last night. I'm in a rut, I think, so I'm doing whatever I feel like. I feel kind of bad because I know my schedule is about to be messed up for the next three weeks, but that doesn't change how I feel kind of blah right now. I am meeting with my PT tomorrow for a new ST routine. I think I just got too engrossed in my routine. I was hitting it pretty hard there for 6-7 weeks, which was nice, but now I'm kind of burned out.  I am getting a massage at noon today.

NRR: Oh, nothing. Part of the same blah/hormones, I think. Just ready for something different. Not going into work today until after my massage.  I'm reading Zero Waste Home, and am getting some good ideas to simplify things more here at home. Some of her stuff doesn't apply to me (making homemade makeup) or I'm already doing it, but I am feeling inspired nonetheless.

Sassy - Nice work on those intervals! Do you have a Garmin?

PO - Sorry for the struggle over FMLA, but hopefully it will all work out. and hurray for getting the house rented!

Lucy - Man, that sucks big time about your car. I'm sorry people are so irresponsible.

RLTW - I can't believe K is almost 3 months, either! It seems like all these babies grow up awfully fast!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: Going for a run around noon, it should be over 60 and sunny by then, yay! Much better than the high of 45 and cloudy yesterday.

NRR: Last night was tough. Went to bed at 11 and C was up at 1:30 and then 4 and wouldn't go back to sleep until after 6 and slept until 9. I don't do well with being up for over 2 hours in the middle of the night! I think he's gassy, and not sure if it's something I'm eating.. I may try to cut out dairy today and see if that helps. I love yogurt and cheese so I hope that's not it! No plans today and I'm glad. I'm dragging!

Sassy - That is so sad about that guy Sad I hope they found him. Good job with your intervals!

PO - I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I hope the FMLA gets straightened out, that's a huge pain!

RLTW - Enjoy the beautiful weather! Exciting that you will see K this weekend Smile

Lucy - OMG that is awful! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. People are jerks.

Ack, sorry if there are crossposts, C is crying! Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

Lucy: I'm sorry about your car, love. People are just awful!

MA: Enjoy your run! The weather is supposed to be perfect today! I can't wait to meet C. We'll make some plans soon! Smile

seattlechica

Good morning!  It is supposed to be sunny and 70 here the few days, love it!!

RR - Had an absolutely lovely sunny 4 mi lunch break run yesterday. Today it is sunny again (whee!) and I am planning on a 5 mi tempo run over lunch, and DBF and I are going to go on a hike after work, or we may just be lazy and have a picnic at the beach!

NRR - Got lots done at work yesterday and hoping to today as well. I am about where I thought I would be or a little bit ahead with all my month end stuff, so I am pleased with that. Two more days of hard work and then a nice long weekend away! (although I will miss DBF!) My mom and I are going to Cincinnati to visit my brother in grad school, and taking a side trip down to Lexington to see some horse racing!  Smile

Back in a bit for personals!

SassySparky

MA - how old is C now, three weeks?? I once read on a lactation consultant's website that "99% of babies are more gassy than the average baby" haha and I tend to agree. I think if he had an issue with your dairy consumption it would actually be more like a lot of spitting up/vomiting, not just gas.

outwestrunner

OMG I just  made these pancakes and they are awesome!!

http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2013/04/healthy-applesauce-oatmeal-pancakes.html

monk717

Morning! I wrote my post but never posted.

RR: I AM RUNNING TONIGHT! DH will have to give P another bottle, I'll have to pump again and dinner will be late, but thats what we'll need to do to get me a few runs during the week. It is GOING TO HAPPEN (caps for me to keep myself from being lazy...)

NRR: Can't think of anything particularly noteworthy today... its the first Wednesday farmer's market. I'm so excited to get some cheese curds for the first time since the market closed in November! And probably a muffin too.

Sassy: I'm glad work is calm for the moment.

PO: Sorry about the frustration with FMLA paperwork. I had to do it for maternity leave and the waiting for a signature drove me nuts. YAY for getting your house rented!

RLTW: P is starting to coo and make more "talking" sounds too, I love it!

lucy: Sorry about your car. I can't believe someone would do that and not even leave a note.

outwest: Sorry about the blah with your running rut. I'm jealous of your massage!

MA: I think all babies go through a bit of a gassy stage, something about their bowels learning how to work or something? P had the same thing and I never cut anything out... I'm not sure you really need to cut out dairy just yet. Its also normal that he may have his days and nights mixed up. He'll work himself out... of course someone told me that just a few weeks ago and its not too comforting in the middle of the night!

seattle: I wish there was a real beach here for a picnic! Have a great trip this weekend and good luck getting all your work done.

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Ran 4.5 last night. Today, rest day, but I'll be doing rolling, stretching etc. Man, tapering is making me crazy. normally on my rest days from running, I do ST, but don't want to make myself sore, so I'm sitting on my a$$. haha. 3 days, 23 hours!!!

NRR. So I talked to my boss about quitting and it went fine. She was totally indifferent, which is fine but kind of upsetting since I'm the longest working employee in the history of their company at 1 year and 2 months. Pathetic on their part! So happy to be out of there. May 4 will be my last day. woohoo!!

Working at home today, lots of business stuff to do. Mostly data entry since I got behind a bit.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Just watched my car get towed...it wasn't drive-able...the door practically fell off the hinges when I tried to open it. I'm still so mad!!