Womens Running

Happy Spring TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

First day of Spring? We are getting snow tomorrow.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - I think your weather is worse then ours right now!  Doesn’t feel like spring Sad

Karen - Agree with Lizzie (from yesterday) I would go sooner rather then later for a visit.  Hoping they admitted him just to make it easier to do some ,testing....positive thoughts being sent.  What kind of conference are you going to, I assumed it was a race? Hope “grumpy Karen” feels better today.

Sandy - Good for you on the 18 alone!  I trained alone for the first 5 years I ran, including a couple of marathons.  Not sure how I would handle those miles alone now...I am spoiled by having a RB that runs almost step by step the same pace with me.

Hi to all!

Yesterday went with RB’s for a shoe shopping trip to a running store about an hour away.  The young man at the store was a wealth of knowledge, I was impressed!  The store carried so many brands, but sadly no Newton’s.  He is training for a 50 miler out west in June.  Heading out for some hill work...

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me. Body Pump tonight.

I am going to selfishly take the badass award for today. Downpours...that wasn't even the worst part. The temp was 44 when I left - so I wore my usual 44 degree attire. Didn't take into account the VERY COLD rain. I didn't wear gloves...by mile 3 my hands were pins and needles feeling. I spent the last 3 miles wiggling my fingers so they wouldn't freeze to death! WHEW. DUH LIZ. I should have worn gloves..either way I was soaked and cold. The hot shower felt like cold water. BUT...physically I felt great and it was a really good run. Haha. Feet felt OK today.

Supposed to rain all day and then turn into snow overnight - probably when I am heading out for my run in the morning. I dont mind snowy runs especially when they first start. I will wear gloves this time Smile We are expected to get about 1-3"..I dont see how that will stick to roads though. We haven't been below freezing in a long time! Guess we will see!

The rainy cold run plus dropping my curling iron on my chest hasn't really made for a great morning. Sigh. I hope it goes up from here!

Kilmisters – COMPLETELY understand not being ready or having the time to train for the 26.2. It takes A LOT of time and commitment. Did your friend actually enter you in the lottery??

Diane – I thought of you when I was taking Ruger on his 2 mile walk the other day..no way I could do that for 20 miles. You are badass!!!

Kathryn – You made all those markers yourself!? I LOVE them!! They are so cute and look so good mixed in with the herbs! You are so crafty Smile I want to see a picture of your hair, too!! Sounds really pretty. I have a hair apt this weekend. Thinking partial heavy blonde on top..keeping it dark on the bottom. Abs was torture again. Its those damn Bird Dogs. Have you ever done those? I have trouble with them. Guess we will see how sore I am later! Thats what she said.

Tessa – Sometimes I write up a really mean email and walk away..I feel like I somehow “get it out” that way. Just have to remember not to hit send haha. Which can be tempting. Nice run and hope you didn’t end up going off on someone!

Laura – Nice miles yesterday! 4 cups of coffee?! Like Sandy said, I would have the sweats! Hmm maybe I will have to watch Longmire..I am about to finish up watching The Crown. How are things at your work? Have they found anyone yet?

Happy Tuesday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Carol! You are very lucky to have a RB to train with for marathons! I enjoy the time alone..but I have never run with anyone! Good luck on the hill work!

LC Runs

Hey Ladies!

Will run after work. I haven't checked yet but I am hoping it is not going to be windy.

I forgot to mention last night I went to the high school board meeting because my DS is in the Top 10 (he's #3) of his graduating class so they were presenting the kids.  It was nice and luckily they did it first so everyone could leave and not sit through the entire meeting LOL.

Lizzie - oh wow, that run sounds miserable, you are a rock star!  I watched Longmire on regular television first then finished up the last 2-3 seasons that Netfllix produced.  You might like "Seven Seconds", I just finished that one, I think it's only a one season (10 episode), it's a cop drama.

Carol - It needs to warm up!!  Sunday was so nice and now it's back to 30 degrees, ugh.  Glad you enjoyed your running store excursion.

As far as work - Nope, no work partner yet, we are about 3 months in.  They did 2 interviews, 10 days apart and as of last week, are still waiting to hear back from their references.  There is no guarantee either will even take the job based on the pay cut.  Let's just say I am job searching and keeping my options open (though they are limited in this area).  UGH.

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat those are cute.  I'm not crafty at all, I think you did wonderful with them.

In the books Longmire and Vic get together much earlier and it's not so awkward.  We watched the first season of Stranger Things and then waited for the 2nd.  We were in the middle of Longmire and wanted to finish before another series.  DH's theory is after 5 seasons they should end a series as it gets to be a bit stupid.

Did my 5 on the TM last night and will do another 5 tonight and then take the rest of the week off to rest up.  Weather is 59/70 10% rain but the wind is ridiculous at 18 mph out of the W.  I think it's a N/S out and back so it'll be from the side both ways. I feel sorry for the 50 and 100 milers as the temp drops and the rain picks up to 50% chance but wind only 13 mph.  Still cold overnight and wet.  I'm scheduled to do my volunteer work from 6 to 11 so get to see most of them.

Carol nice the RS had a knowledgeable guy...we don't seem to have that here.  They are a Brooks dealer and push those rather than work with you on what really fits.  There's no real trails out here so they are clueless about that too.

Lizzie, I call it mental training...plus I listen to audio books and they take my mind off what I'm doing.  I can't do what you do and get out and run at 4 am.  My body doesn't function that early...lol.  We're all bad asses in our own way I think.

Karen I hope your dad is doing well.

Hi everyone, swamped here at work.

Seloc

Morning!  Yeah, not so spring-like here.  Still piles and piles of snow and it's also currently falling.  Blech.  Not sure what I'll do today.  My niggle was more than a niggle last night so I didn't get out early.  I'm WFH so was thinking I'd go for a run at lunch.  But now this greasy snow.  So, TBD.

Volleyball practice was challenging.  The school only has had 2 balls.  So, I bought 2 more and am just planning to donate at the end of the season.  It was nice having 4 balls at practice.  Well yesterday the 2 school balls were missing and then about 20min into practice one of the girls shanked one up into the net that hangs from the ceiling.  The janitor can get it down today but for the rest of practice yesterday I had one ball.  And 9 girls.  That don't listen and bounce around.  Felt like a practice fail.  2 games tonight.

Karen - hope the grumpies went away!  Yep, UMBC did mess with a lot of brackets!  Fun to see an underdog surprise folks, though.  Sending positive thoughts to your dad.  Hopefully you'll get some news soon.  Sucks when the parents decline.

Judy - hmmm I haven't noticed the Adrenalines make my feet warmer.  However, I've only worn them in the winter so far.  Will see come summer.  If it ever gets here, that is.

Cathy - hooray for a pain free run!!  I'm excited for you to get back to training.  I mean you were just KILLING it and then it seemed the PF came out of nowhere.  11 1/2 hours of partying for your DH is impressive!

Elina - awwwww that's so cute you have such a smiley mini-K.  Too funny she needs the noise to sleep.  I see lots of NHL games in her future!  I LOVE March Madness.  I do know there is a German that plays for U Michigan so sometimes Europeans make it this way.

Lizzie - I can't wait to meet HCBF one day!  I'll bring the popcorn   Yeah, the fasties were running this morning but I didn't even reply to the text haha.  Ab class sounds TOUGH!  Whoa badass award for SURE this morning!  That kinda rain suuuuucks.  And OMG on forgetting gloves!  Glad you felt strong, though.  You are going to CRUSH Fargo, no doubt.  Watching Al Roker talk about the Nor-easter right now.  Glad I don't live in NE!

Damaris - oh my your WEATHER!  I would melt.

Kat - yes, try to get a pic of your hair - it sounds really cool!  And, your garden markers are SUPER cute!  Seriously!  I LOVE them!  I laughed about you killing thyme.  Lisa would love that one!  haha

Tessa - yikes.  Sounds like quite the Monday for you!  Hope today is better.

Laura - nice running in the crappy weather.  It's SO HARD to get out after work when it's cold.  I'd rather just go hide under the electric blanket.  Congrats to DS!  I forget what grade he is but does he have any thoughts on post high school dreams?  Ugh on still not having a work partner!  Those things just seem to move so slow.  Hang in there!

Carol - running store outing yesterday sounded fun!  That's awesome you have an RB so close to your pace.  DEFINITELY makes the long runs just click by.  My favorite RB is slightly slower than my normal long run pace and I LOVE running with her.  Unfortunately, she is injured.  And not making running/getting better a priority right now.  She just started a big ol' bad ass new job which is taking all her time.  (ED of a non-profit) I get that but selfishly wish she would get back out there LOL

I just got kicked off my work connection.  Archaic RDP to office desktop.  Turns out they decide today to replace the fan that's been screaming for a week.  You think anyone could let me know??  Seriously.  Annoying.  And on that note...  Happy Spring??!

LC Runs

Sandy - DS is a Senior and heading to U of M  (Ironically, his dad and I are MSU alums) 

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

LC Runs, contrats to your DS!

KATS, what a cute idea for the herb garden! Of necessity on the balcony I must “container garden”. I hope to grow wax beans this year. Beans have grown well there before.

Monday was a better run than Sunday probably because I got more sleep. I did 45 minutes out on the trail and saw one lone dandelion. Almost all our snow is gone. It has taken forever and there will be some tonight.

DC is to fly back home today.

I plan a late morning run out the trail if possible.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I don't think it's the first day of spring here until about mid-April.     Not much new for me running-wise.  Debating whether to just rest until the 5K on Sunday.  Then we leave for vacation on the 30th, and I will be on my feet a lot.  I can then plan on trying to restart training when we get back from vacation if my feet feel OK.  I'll do some other workouts though because I am feeling kind of lazy.     My fast co-worker ran a 7K on Saturday, he finished in 30:57, a 7:07 pace.  And he said he feels like he is not running well!  He was 8 out of 91 in his AG, 56 out of 740 for males, 70 out of 2,109 overall.  Did I mention he started running because of me?  

Lizzie, 44 with rain is cold!  You may have gotten more snow than us this year.  It was back down to 30 today.  Glad the foot is OK!  Ow on the curling iron!   I will probably wear the Wave Riders on Sunday.  Usually I wear whatever matches my outfit.    We got our blue running team shirts, I suppose I should wear that, though everyone else will be wearing green!  I don't have any warm green running clothes, though I could layer something.  My Wave Riders are light aqua.  Not really what I would choose to wear, but they were on sale.     Yes, the kids always start Spring Break before Good Friday.  So it is early this year!

Hi Carol!  Hope the hill work was fun.    It is nice that you have the perfect RB.  I like running alone but it would be nice to have the option.  

Laura, nice that DS is in the top 10!  Sorry about the continuing job difficulties.

Diane, it will probably be worse standing out there and volunteering in that weather!

Sandy, wow, that sounds like a challenging VB practice session.  Would you do the coaching again?   Thanks for reminding me on how well my training was going.    Yeah, the PF is weird this time around.  Last time I could feel it coming on and was able to run through it for several months.  Much more stubborn this time.   Hope you get connected again and can get some work done!

Kat, the garden markers are really cute!

Elina, good for you for not being pressured to run a marathon.  It's no rush, and I agree with making it the most enjoyable experience that you can, in training for it and in running it!   Enjoy the time with mini-K, it will go quickly!  

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Ouch on the curling iron, Liz.

Diane, thanks for the reminder that the book is almost always better than the movie/TV show they made out of it. I like the Longmire books. Have you read C.J. Box's Joe Pickett series? Also set in Wyoming but grittier and somehow meaner.

Sandy, how frustrating to have one ball and 9 girls! Good thing you bought the other two, if the school balls were missing how could you have practice with imaginary balls?

2.8 this morning. RN did LA on Sunday and was feeling a twinge, so we turned around short of our usual crosswalk. Hoping maybe possibly to get to the gym today, it would be the first time in a week.

Kilmisters

Laura, how cold is it there?

Lizzie, not doubting your badass statuss; just saying - you know what is worse than downpour? Downpour, then sun (so you get dry), then downpour, getting dry; repeat, repeat Big grin Rain turning into snow sounds awesome for the run, but not so much for traffic... We had such transition this morning and there were crashes all over the city. And yes, friend entered me in the goddamn marathon lottery.

Diane, good idea to rest!

Sandy, I totally forgot you are coaching volleyball now! Good luck in the games!

Boss is back from vacation and I went to our first one-on-one meeting in grumpy mood (lack of sleep and some side-issues at work). She happened to challenge my numbers (I was calculating stuff for a store w a concept that doesn't exist yet for a supermarket that doesn't exist yet, you can imagine how assumption-heavy the calculation was) and it turned into a (what hubby loves to call such opinion-brawls) major cat fight. But with a productive outcome, so there is that.

Floorball practice tonight. Not feeling too well, but I skipped the previous two and we have two games this weekend...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

First day of Spring?  I wore my very springy skirt this morning to celebrate.  Though it is more summery weather here.

Lizzie, that sounds like a miserable run, sorry.  Hope you get a nice snowy one tomorrow.  Ouch on the curling iron.

Carol, that is a long drive to a running store.  Bummer they didn't have the shoes you wanted.

Laura, congrats to your DS, nice accomplishment.

Diane, bummer about the wind, but with a high of 70, it might feel nice.  I am impressed you are going to volunteer.  What will you be doing?  Aid station??

Sandy, sorry about the niggle.  VB practice sounds, uh, challenging.  It would try my patience.  Dunno if I can get a hair pic, it is really dark and doesn't show well.

Judy, for some reason I have started container gardening - herbs and flowers.  I guess I just like being surrounded by them on the patio where I sit.

Cathy, where are you going on vacation.  I am sure you have said, but I don't remember.  Geez, bad of me.

Tessa, good luck getting out to the gym.

Elina, sorry your boss was giving you grief about your work, sucks.  Take your frustration out tonight at practice.

Got a short run in this morning.  Overslept so I am kind of tired from that.  BUT, I was out there even if it was against my will.

I think I killed Dill in addition to Thyme, maybe even a purple Sage.  Sad  Thanks for the compliments on the garden markers.  I am not the most successful crafter in the world, so that they turned out cute was a win.

I found some corned beef the other day, so plopped it in the crock pot last night, yummy.

Have a lovely day all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Good morning (barely), I ran 5 easy this morning in gorgeous weather, then had to take DH's computer to the Apple store because the trackpad stopped working. He's been using my computer the last few days so I was more than happy to help out and take it in for the appointment while he works. Unfortunately they don't have the replacement part in stock, so another 3-5 days. Anyway, strength workout this afternoon (still on my every other day schedule, this will be my sixth one - yay me!), then probably bathroom cleaning. Then probably some time lying in the hammock reading.

Elina, drop me a note here or on fb when you start thinking more about your fall race, I'd love to work with you on it. In the meantime, hang in there and enjoy the smiles from K.

Kathryn, those markers are cute! You are craftier than you give yourself credit for. And your hair sounds awesome, I bet the cherry color looks amazing.

I am going to selfishly take the badass award for today.

Well, okay, but I went to the mall this morning.  Kidding, that was a pretty badass run. My Saturday conference schedule starts with meeting at 6 am (which shouldn't be bad because it will be 8 am my time) in the hotel lobby for a run. Forecast says 36 degrees and rain. Thanks for the reminder to put gloves in my suitcase!

Carol, knowledgeable shoe guys are awesome. That's what I like about my local store that sponsors my running group, they are all super knowledgeable. The owner has a medical background and trains his staff well. The Portland trip is a conference for all the organizers of the running groups that mine is a part of. I assumed it would just be in Houston since the organization started here and there are several groups in the area, so Portland was a pleasant surprise. I've never been, so am staying an extra day to explore.

Laura, congrats to your DS - that's awesome! But how frustrating at your work.

Diane, conditions sound pretty good for you. Awesome that you are volunteering after you are done. I'd love to hear about your experience since I'm considering the 50 miler they put on in the fall.

Sandy, oh my on the vb practice. I hope you're able to get out for a run.

Cathy, glad your foot did better! Wow, your vacation is coming up soon. It sounds pretty awesome. Sigh on fast co-worker, I remember those paces.

Morning Tessa and Judy! Well, good afternoon Judy, since it's already past noon for you.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Gym yesterday. Elliptical and lower body weight machines. Today 5 miles on tm. Going to a short form Ashtanga yoga class after work.

BDR Mid-Atlantic trailer - saw the full documentary on this last night. Interesting for someone who is into trails and has a friend into motorcycles. Never knew there was such a thing as "dual sport" motorcycling but there is.

Lizzie- You win the bad ass award and you didn't even add that it was on a Tuesday before work. Give it a few more years and you'll have no problem doing ultras. you already have the persisting when things suck part down.

Carol-bummer you couldn't find the shoes you wanted.

Laura-congrats to ds!

Diane-So excited for your upcoming race!!!

Karen-you were fascinated by talk about deer hunting? I'm sure that sarcasm was implied. And if you're open the weekend of RunWoodstock you should totally come up and pace me during the night so that you get some night time run experience.

Sandy-happy spring! Or not!

Judy-yeah for a flower!

Cathy-wow on the coworker's pace!

Tessa-what's up next for you in terms of racing?

Elina-hope the practice goes okay! and productive outcomes from catfights are to be commended! were you asking about wearing trail shoes on road? I wouldn't recommend it. Very little to no cushioning. Road on some trails is okay though.

Kathryn-we laughed about you killing thyme.

Damaris-perhaps it's white sand? LOL

Lisa