Womens Running

There's fall Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5-6K easy run/walk.

TR - new habit is to wake up with a relatively dry diaper and use the toilet. Unfortunately pooped twice on my watch yesterday and then polished off the rest of the cauliflower mac so I expect more poopsplosions today.   Love affair with the smoke detector is apparently over as last night he said, "I skeered, smoke detector!"

FR - chicken pie, salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 5.75 w. 2 @ 10k pace (approx.).  The bottom of my foot is pretty sore now Sad

RR2 -I went to upload my garmin today and it tells me I have to install the plugin.  Ummm, I have been uploading the garmin for months now.  Is this normal?  I am so computer challenged.

NRR - brunch w. the girls/kids for my mom's bday

FR - made prime rib last night.  I rarely make roasts, b/c I suck at it, but the roast came in a freezer pack that I ordered.  I about had a heart attack when I saw the price on the roast -  $50.22!!!  I would never pay that much for a roast, especially b/c of my cooking abilities.  With the freezer pack you just pay an average per pound and you get some of everything.

Zorbs - Woohoo on the peeing when waking, but too bad about the poosplosions.  Glad he ate more cauliflower though!  How are you feeling today?

Erniegirl

RR - 13k. It is getting cold out. My days of shorts/skirts wearing may be numbered!

TR - For the first three weeks, she loved swimming lessons. Now she hates them. All she wants to do is float on her stomach, kick and blow bubbles. So she's really good at that stuff but whenever they ask her to do anything else, she says "no!no!no!" and starts screaming if the instructor tries to touch her.

FR - Roasted chicken, potatoes and beets with parsnip and apple mash. I have a lot of root vegetables on hand.

NRR - Halloween party at the library today. Hopefully it's not a potluck because, if so, I forgot to make something. Pumpkin carving tonight!

~~~~~

zorbs - Is B pooping on the toilet now too, or did you get stuck with unfortunate cauliflower diaper changes?

eh - Oh no on the foot. Did it just start hurting? I've never had that message when trying to upload my garmin data, but your computer may just need to update, so restarting it may do the trick. How did the roast turn out? Prime rib is delicious but expensive! Do you get those freezer packs from a butcher?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

I am up and awake before my world of people (well DH has been working in his office here since 5am) - I really mean my all consuming one little person.

RR: recovery run easy today. I am sore! Yesterday I did 6.5m with 4m@ tempo of 7.13 reducing to 7.09. Goal is to tempo in 6min/miles soon. My heart race was in the high 170s/180s and I thought I was going to self-combust but I stuck with it. I find tempo the hardest of all workouts as it's my weakest area. Give me intervals/speed/hills/LRs any day. Any tips on helping me make tempo one of my strongest????

NRR: going to Y to meet ladies for run. They are all running a half on Sat but it's a very busy one and there's such a narrow trail that the organisers made some waves but it isn't chip timed and it's turned into a bit of a nightmare. Yesterday I went to mu first US AA meeting and it was totally awesome. I met several very sweet women who gave me their details and we had a cup of tea afterwards at a little coffee shop.

TR: DS is full of head cold so we will be laying low as he works through it.

FR: leftovers of a chicken and broccoli bowl. Woke up yesterday with a migraine. These have started happening all too frequently for my liking. I do eat WF chocolate on the weekend and have decided to cut out chocolate complete as I seem to suffer on a monday when I think it's something non-clean that I ate on a sunday. The quality of the chocolate was good but I am wondering if it's my trigger.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k at lunch, easy.  I'm just taking everything super easy this week to be ready for one more big week before taper.  Massage yesterday was very intense.  I have lots of areas that feel bruised now, but released also.

TR - she is going through a challenging time I think, she's been tired a bit, and when she's tired she acts out, and is goofy.  Yesterday morning as DH was trying to get everyone out the door she was kicking him in the head.  I am also rising in popularity as DH is stepping up and disciplining more, and I'm not the main serious parent.

BR - her cold is really hanging on, she's got a cough now, poor baby.  She's happy enough but I heard her coughing in the night.  I hope it clears up so she doesn't need antibiotics.

FR - leftovers tonight, we have both spaghetti w/ meat sauce and meat loaf.

NRR - in the office before 6am for a global telecon, once again I could have done 6pm last night also, but that's a bad time for our family so I'm hear early drinking crappy office coffee.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - that's great that B is waking up dry!  M often does and then randomly will wake up with a pullup that weighs 10 lbs.

r-eh - oh no, what's up with your foot!?  PF?  I'd reboot your computer for your garmin.  Does yours use the wireless ANT agent?  If so there should be a little icon next to the clock that says ANT agent, you can right click on it and shut it down, and restart it from STart - programs - garmin - ANT.  I love Prime rib!  That's not a bad price depending on the size of the roast. The roast I bought for our family dinner for thanksgiving was $80 I think from costco.

ernie - Yup tights all the way over here!  The root vegis sound great right now!

bermy - wow, you are getting so fast!  I'm just amazed at how far you've come in the last year.  Tempo's are hard, and I think are supposed to be, they are not only a physical workout, but they are also mental training for a race.  I like to focus and embrace that mental pain and remind myself that this is practice for a race environment when I'll also want to give in to those voices.  M would have wanted to eat at your house last night!  She wanted broccoli but we didn't have any.  Sorry about the migraine, I hope you can figure out the source.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - roll your foot with a frozen golf ball. A lot of weird Garmin problems are fixed by unplugging and replugging in the USB port.  No Frills is the only place where meat prices don't give me a heart attack.

ernie - I wear skirts in the dead of winter to race in, but the ones that I can layer tights under are limited, so it is for special occasions only.  I didn't start B in swimming until age 3, because I figure I could take him to drop in family swim for a lot cheaper and the same result.  B hasn't pooped in the potty for AGES.  Did you see my FB post about how I stepped on a turd that had fallen out of his diaper?

bermy - I absolutely suck at tempos so my only advice won't help you at all...I run tempo at the slowest end of the range, that way I can complete the workout and not feel like a total failure.  I am horrible at running fast without race day magic but other times I don't worry about it too much, I know a few people who run all their training s-l-o-w and then burn it up on race day.

CA - when B is bad he thrashes, punches and throws things.  This morning he threw my Stick at my head. B isn't waking up dry..just not 10 pound diaper.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

beckykay

Ugh, so busy.  I wish things would just slow down.  Fly by for now.  C's Halloween parade is this morning and it is the one thing I've signed up to help with.  I hate having to talk to non-running moms Wink

RR:  Track or TM

TR:  Nasty cold coming on.

NRR:  DH is super busy at work right now but at least he is home.  He said he's stressed out but by nothing in particular.  I told him to calm down and stop being a jerk then.

FR:  Taco Tuesday!

runnergirl9508

Quick post, bbl for personals.

RR: just over 5 miles with R this morning. We ended at the park and are playing now.

TR: has woken up at 5:30 the past two mornings. This scares me since we are putting the clocks back an hr this weekend. I don't want him up at 4:30!!!!

NRR: mom an dad are coming out late tomorrow. My current manager at the gym is an idiot- more on that later.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope, hopefully tonight. Going to have to do some morning runs because of halloween and stuff, which doesn't excite me because its close to freezing and very windy.

TR: This kid is going to be the death of me. Another allergic reaction last night- started with a cough, gave him a breathing treatment and then he broke out in hives in all his tender areas (ears, neck, groin, armpits, inner thighs, backs of knees, crook of the elbow), sneezing/boogering like crazy and screaming that he was in pain. Gave him a quick bath and benadryl and it took 2 hours before it finally made him drowsy, poor kid. He was too broken out to wear a diaper, so luckily he stayed dry last night. Oh and he's doing this weird, creepy thing where he does this hiss/growl at you when you scold him. Daycare lady said they've been playing Tigers/Lions/Cats/wolves a lot lately so that might be the origin.

FR: Last night was bbq country ribs and oven fries.

NRR: DH will be off for 7 days! We have some house stuff to take care of, so hopefully I can get him to help me decide on lighting and carpet this weekend. Talked to our builder and he thinks its a good possibility that we will be in before Christmas, but he will have a better idea in about 2 weeks. Last major decisions to make are Lighting, carpet, and cabinet hardware. Oh yeah, and we need to buy furniture.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R likes this little carbon monoxide detector at the fire station that makes an earsplittingly shrill beep when you press the button. Its like 10x worse than a smoke detector. Thankfully he's more interested in the fire trucks these days. Oh yeah, after my post about R doing good PT yesterday, he peed 3x at daycare. He just does it to be stubborn sometimes I think.

eh- my garmin did something really weird a couple weeks ago and I had to do a hard reset. I've made prime rib a couple of times, I usually wait til it goes on sale for $5-7/lb around christmas and then dry age it in the fridge for a few days.  But, truth be told, prime rib is something that's almost always better in the restaurant.

Ernie- aahhh.. toddlers are so temperamental.

Bermy- sorry about the migraines. Ugh that really sucks if it is chocolate that's causing it, you are such a healthy eater that you should have SOME kind of indulgence!

CA- Even though I'm the main disciplinarian, R is still really attached to me. But then again, last night when he was in agony from his hives he was crying for daddy.  I guess that's because DH's 2 things that he likes to do with R are hugs/cuddles and wrestling.

Becky- when DH is being a stressed out jerk, the cause is usually work. He will wait to tell me until he's really frustrated about something and then its a total diatribe. I try to coax stuff out of him but I think he's got this weird macho thing where he doesn't want to complain about stuff at work to me. He's on the union negotiation team this contract and management is trying to do something really jacked up to his schedule and he said if it passes then he will be looking for new employment, because it will basically turn their relief week into an on-call status period for 7 days with 24 hour notice for shift change, its a dick move. So he's going to have to fight that one pretty hard.

Runnergirl- Yup. Today was 5:15 here. I feel your pain.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

NRR2- so I mentioned my idiot manager earlier. She text me yesterday and asked which Saturdays I was able to teach GF classes in Nov. I texted her back, "Maybe Nov 23, I have to check J's work schedule. That's it though, sorry." She immediately replies, "i'll put you on for that date." um, WTF?! since when did "maybe" mean "yes"?!  So as luck would have it, DH DOES have to work on the 23rd, so I texted her today, to let her know I couldn't teach. She replies, "what about this weekend?" uh, dumbass, didn't you READ my text from yesterday that said the 23rd was "it"!!! So I said, No my parents will be here. She texts again, how about the 9th? I almost lost it- but replied to her "I can't teach any Saturdays in Nov."  What I wanted to say was, "READ the FUCKING TEXT FROM YESTERDAY!" Ugh, I can't wait to be outta there. My PT clients are down to 2 sessions each- so I should be done by next Friday. Hooray.

zorbs- yay for B waking up dry- PT success. LOL on the smoke detector. Feeling ready for R2H this weekend?

reh- nice job on your run- roll that foot on a golf ball, or frozen water bottle. foam roll your calves too! weird about the garmin. have fun at brunch today! holy crap that's expensivefor meat!!!

Ernie- I had to bust out the tights for my run yesterday as it was 29* out at the start, brrrr! hope S starts liking swim lessons again. sounds like she just enjoys practicing the skills she's mastered. mmm, I love root veggies. have fun at the party. we're carving pumpkins tonight too!

Bermy- you are just KILLING your workouts lately! your speed is amazing. With tempo, just stick with it. It never really gets "easier" as it's a workout designed to be run right on the edge of comfort, but you will find that your endurance for it does improve. Have a fun run with the ladies from the Y! glad that you're making so many awesome friends. Hope that DS's cold is gone quickly. Ugh on the migraine- that stinks!

CA- good idea on the easy week. Sounds like your RMT did her job! sorry about M being in such a stage right now. Aw, hope that O can kick her cold fast. Ugh on the early 6am meeting!

becky- have fun at the parade. Yeah, non-running moms just don't get it. Enjoy your speedwork tonight. Poor C- seems like a lot of colds going around. Yay for DH being home- maybe he needs to go for a run to de-stress?

spike- hope you get your run in later. I don't mind the cold temps, but the wind sucks in the winter time. YIKES on R's allergy! that's so scary, glad he is better today. lol on the creepy noise. hooray for a week off for DH- that's awesome. Good luck with the final house decisions

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

RG:  Yes, he does need to go for a run.  He's been distressing in front of the tv for baseball and beer.  I've told him he needs other outlets Wink  C was exposed to HFM this weekend so I am just praying that a cold is all he catches.

Spike:  Yeah, we don't have the same kinda schedule issues you do but they hit him up with last minute meetings, trainings etc when they know he has an altered work schedule (leaves at 2 p.m. on T/TH).  Of course they try and schedule everything during that time and tell him he's just gotta deal with it, which in turns means I have to deal with it since he leaves early to be at home with C.  Ugh.  So today, tomorrow and Friday he's basically unreachable during the day, but he will be home for dinner.  How scary about R.  Do you know what it was from?

CA:  LOL, we've been in a challenging phase for awhile now.  I am just glad that it is not all the time.  it seems that it is only when he's tired.

Bermy:  Booo to the migraine.  Glad your first AA meeting was a success.  Way to rock your runs.  You are one speedy lady!

Ernie:  We haven't tried swimming lessons yet because C just pretty much hates pools.

Eh:  Ouch on the foot!  LOL on the prime rib.  I love it but refuse to order it as well.

Zorbs.  hahaha on the poopsplosions.  I think I have the only kid that won't eat mac.  Well pasta/noodles of any kind.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - I get told to calm down and stop being a bitch on a regular basis. Sad

rg - why can't you say, "sorry, the only day I am available is the 23rd." repeat ad nauseam.  I find gym management to always be flaky so just tell them what they need to know and then do your own thing.

spike - actually the 'smoke detector' that we had hanging around that B played with was really a CO2 detector that made horrible ear splitting bleeps.

running eh

RR #2 - have been rolling and icing my foot.  It is very sore when I walk.  I have made an appt.  w. the chiro this afternoon.  Oh, and I solved the garmin thing by installing the plugin again.

ernie - At least S isn't scared of the water.  I think she is pretty little to have to follow all kinds of instruction at swimming lessons.  At this age, getting used to the water is the important thing.   My shorts have been retired for a while.  I hate feeling cold!  I took DD2 to the library program yesterday for the first time since she was really little - she LOVED it.  She was kind of shy, but the smile never left her face.  Ernie the roast was good.  It is from a local farmer/meat store.  They raise their own beef and they also sell local farm chicken, pork and other game meats.  It is antibiotic and hormone free, but not organic or grass fed.

bermy - nice workout!  I love tempos - I do wimp out at times though - I would do a tempo over a long run anyday! The only advice I can think of is a word or saying that you can repeat to yourself to keep you going.  Hope DS feels better soon!  Yay on the friend progress Smile

CA  - yay for the awesome massage!  haha on DH doing more discipline.  DH is much better at sticking to his word.  I need to be better about this - the kids whine to me and I tend to give in.  They don't even bother w. whining to DH b/c he doesn't give in.  I think it is PF Sad

beky - woot, woot for taco Tuesday!  We are having fajitas!  Hope DH cheers up soon.  How was the Halloweed parade?  Sounds cute!

rg - uggh on the gym manager!  How ridiculous!  Glad you will be getting out of there soon.  A 430 wake up call would be gross - hope DS adjusts his schedule accordingly.  I always stress about the kids and the time change, but it always seems to work itself out.  Yay on your parents coming!!!

spike - oh, poor DS and poor mama!  I am tired just thinking about that!  WOW on the house progress - that would be great if you could be in by Christmas!  We got our cabinet hardware at Ikea.  Much cheaper and I am happy with it!