Womens Running

Manic Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It looks like you are all making holidays progress.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Marjorie3137, the dogs look so classy and marvelous! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Anonymous Guest, excellent work on the marathon.

Staff lunch for holidays today.

Thursday and Friday were each 40 minute cardio sessions. I got the medication I needed to control my sinus swelling. It’s feeling much better.

Saturday and Sunday I also did 40 minute cardio sessions each of those days. The left leg is complaining about the squats.

Today I plan a track run and cardio when I get home. This is my first day back at work for a while so I’m getting back to my schedule.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!  It's a rest day for me.

Judy, I hope your sinuses improve soon.  They can sure make one miserable.

Gatsby, I am blown away by your sub-4!  Awesome job, lady.  It sounds like you were great at pacing and hanging in with the stitch. Congrats to hubby, too.

Lisa, you did great on the hills!  I keep hoping I'll make it up my monster hill, but think I'll just have to be happy to walk up it.

Marjorie, I'm also enjoying the pup and decorating pics.

I'm at the cabin today and have a lot work to do. I just realized my DD is coming the end of next week. In my mind, I thought I had one more week.  I  have most of the shopping done, but need to make curtains for the doors and buy another chair or loveseat for the downstairs.  With my sis's heart attack, I'll have to stay at my mom's a lot.  Mother has finally agreed to let me hire someone part time, but she can't stay till after x-mas and not much then. I'm trying to find someone else she'll agree to.

Bikerchick1

Gatsby - Wow, congrats on the sub 4!!!  And to your DH!

Camille - Hope you get all your work done so you can enjoy DD's visit.  Sorry to hear that your sister had a heart attack.

Marjorie - Lovin' those doggie pictures Smile

Lisa - when is The Huff?

Lots of errands yesterday.  No run.  Am doing an Ugly Sweater run today at the local running store.  Should be fun.

Happy Monday to all!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 7 tonight.

Judy, ouch at the squats!

Camille, enjoy the rest.

Carol, enjoy the ugly sweater run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sub 4 is awesome,  Gatsby!  BQ, correct?

Judy my two pups love to pose. Well, that, and they will do anything for treats

Lisa funny was it was a puppy mastiff but absolutely huge already. Very tall. They had a hard time getting him up on the pillow thing. He was so excited.

rest day for me. Travel for work all week. I'm off on Friday and since I will be in Tampa I'm seeing my dad. His birthday is Saturday.

Marjorie

Thank you for the positive comments about my race.  So nice to have somewhere like this to share it!  BQ for me is 3:55, which used to seem like a pipe dream but maybe it's actually possible if I knuckle down and follow a structured training plan with speedwork.  And I'm also bursting with gratitude for my DH who is not only supportive but also doing all of the laundry and grocery shopping today.

Hi Judy.  Great workouts this weekend as always.  Remind the left leg that squats are your friend.

Camille, I'm sorry I missed it earlier that your sister had a heart attack.  Hope she's doing okay.  Also hope you can find the right person to provide the help that your mom needs.  Hugs to you for dealing with family challenges.

Carol, have a great ugly sweater run.

Damaris, you still planning on another marathon this weekend?

Marjorie, funny to think of a giant mastiff getting excited over a Christmas photo.  Your little guys do pose well, even if it's only because there's a treat for them in it.

Okay, enough stalling on getting started at work.

Waves to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Hey Y'all!  I'm still just swamped here!  Busy weekend!  Saturday morning ran the local 5k (the turn around point is two doors down from my house--can't get more local than that!) and I was first female overall!!  25:33, which is about average for me, but I'll take it.  Won a massage, free month to my gym, and a personal trainer session.  Woohoo!!  Sunday did 10 miles of intervals at marathon and half marathon pace.

Sunday also moved BF's dresser to my house---big step---he is officially moving in!  I also purged a pile of ugly race t-shirts that I never wear.  Need more space Smile

Marjorie--cute puppy pics!

Woo hooo Gatsby!!

Howdy to everyone else.  Lots to do at work today.  Smile

ginnyb

Reading about all these races, makes me want to race, but I don't feel like running right now.  Is there a way I can do a race without the training?  No, I didn't think so, Darn!!  I am not even feeling guilty for the not running.  Is this a bad sign???

Going down to Cincinnati via Columbus tomorrow.  Going down with DD to pick up GD at U of Cinn. on Wednesday, going to Columbus tomorrow to stay with best friend and do some Christmas shopping.  Kind of breaks up the 4 1/2 hour ride, only 1 1/2 hours from Columbus and then drive back to Sandusky on Wed. night after stopping at a huge outlet mall.  Looking forward to some time with DD, it will be fun.

Since I have no runs to report , guess I will get back to work.

Gatsby, Karen, and Cindy....good job on your races!  I will just continue to be a slug for awhile.

Marjorie...love the pics on the dogs in their bow ties!

Lisa...way to go on the hills!

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Can I just vent?!!  No need for anyone to reply,but I just got this msg. and don't want to vent to my other bro or sis, who both have a history of heart attacks and are already worrying about this.   I think my bro who lives  closest to my mom is about to sabotage the plan for woman to stay with my mom.  He's the one who insisted it just be us providing care last year, yet acts like a martyr because he stays more often, which is his choice, not mine.  My sis knows the woman and my mom agreed, a miracle. Msg is not to hire her till he personally talks to my mom.  Too late!  I talked to Mother and already hired her for a couple nights.  My dau will be here and so will his kids, the reason I don't want to stay and don't think he should.  I'm definitely happier in Alaska where I'm away from this stuff.  Now that I've typed this out slowly on the phone, maybe I can refrain from sending him a nasty msg.  It wouldn't help things, but it is oh, so tempting.

ginnyb

Of course you can vent Camille.  Hope it helped a little.  At times I am sorry that I am an only child, other times it is not so bad!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, absolutely vent here. We are not judgmental. (Well, maybe about your asshat brother...)

Lisa, nice pictures of the theatre!

Marjorie, aww the pups are cute.

Margaret, congratulations on sub-4!  Way to go!

Karen, nice work on Rehoboth and on being halfway to 50 state status!

Ginny, sorry, must train to race. Spring is coming.

Susan/crazysue, congratulations on the 5K and exciting on BF moving in!

Susan/runnersmom, hate it when the machines are uncooperative. Glad you got your final written and duplicated.

Judy, glad you got the meds you need.

Carol, enjoy the ugly sweater run. Who judges?

Damaris, have fun at Pilates.

6:54 at Ridgecrest yesterday which is 56 minutes faster than I have done this run before! Very pleased with myself. No run this morning. I was wiped out and my ankle hurts.

Anonymous Guest

Gatsby, huge congrats. I took a peek at your log and I think you could definitely BQ. Probably just by running more miles - looks like you're pretty comfortable around 40 miles per week - if you got up to 55-60 miles a week that would probably be enough to do it. Or as you say, if you do a "real" plan with speedwork, that would probably get you there too.

camille, you've got a lot on your plate right now. Take care of yourself too, mkay?

Susan, congrats on the win, and on BF moving in! Exciting stuff.

Ginny, you can run a race without training for it, but I wouldn't recommend it! I was happy to do as well as I did this weekend on the poor training I've done the last couple months. Was prepared for a death march, which is never fun.

Hi Judy, Marjorie, Damaris, Carol and Tessa!

I woke up this morning feeling just generally yucky and dreading getting up and going to work. I have a ton of sick leave and it doesn't carry over year to year, so I took a sick day. Was more of a mental health day, and I may regret it tomorrow morning when I go in and see how much crap is waiting for me, but it felt good to just lie around and read and nap all day. Didn't even get on the internet much.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel