Womens Running

Wednesday Is Ready For Us (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, please accept my condolences for the death of your grandmother.

Wednesday Fast Buddy and I did 35 minutes on the track. He is a big guy, so I have to work to keep up the pace. It is a good steady workout, and I really sleep well after our runs together. Big grin I did 30 minutes at home with the cardio DVD. The cardio (marching, kicks, knee lifts, arm work) seems to help me level off after a run. It surprised me that it would happen but it does.

Today will be a longer cardio DVD workout.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning...

LCruns - Yes, we were lucky to book the LA for deer hunting week-end Smile  Bet you can't wait for new job!!

Marjorie - Ugh, how worrisome on your Dad and his wife.

Judy - You are so consistent!!!

Tessa - Why are you sore??? I don't know that I have EVER heard you complain of being sore.  LOL on your comment on the guests wedding attire...if the groom's mother doesn't behave we may have to tell her we are all wearing deer costumes Wink...just saying

Question for you experienced marathoners.....I was sick last week - meaning, 2 days of GI issues, fever, etc.  did not run for 1 week.  Have now had 3 runs of only 4 miles each....and had to walk during them...was planning on 20 this week-end....my gut tells me not to push it....my head is freaking out, marathon is 5 weeks away.....I have had a mix of 16, 18, and one 20 already.  What would you guys do?

Carol

Bikerchick1

Damarias - So sorry on the loss of your grandmother....

LC Runs

Good Morning Smile

5.6 pleasant morning miles.  Fun Fusion class last night

Judy - nice run!

Carol - I am very excited for job - thank you!  I would not do long run this weekend and just wait until next weekend.  You've got some good LR in already!

Marjorie - sorry about the dad drama.  I thought they moved to Florida?

Damaris - very sorry to hear about your grandmother, hugs

Tessa - that has got to be so tough with DH hugs to you too

DS2 soccer practice tonight, think I'm gonna run a couple miles around the fields with another mom, weather should be really nice!

ginnyb

Carol....I am not an experienced marathoner, but I think you will be okay!

Tessa....I am doing the Mighty Niagara Half in Lewiston, NY.  Small town north of Buffalo.  One of my best friends from high school lives there, so DH and I will be staying with them.  She is the one who mentioned this Half to me when I went up last year to do the Niagara Fall Half.  It is a beautiful little town and the race is all along the Niagara River, should be a pretty race.  Don't think the leaves will have turned much yet, but still pretty.

Lisa... sorry the knee is bothering you so much. I want to do Detroit again too, the half though I think.

I don't want to go to work.  Going in a little late today as I had to go to the Dr. to get my blood pressure checked for refilling BP meds.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, I wouldn't do the 20 this weekend if you're still under the weather. You know what 26.2 feels like, you could probably do this without any really long runs.

Hee on telling the groom's mom you're wearing deer costumes!

Ginny, that must be a pretty race.

Slow miserable 3.5 this morning. The pain on the left side of my pelvis is not going away.  It doesn't hurt to sit down, it doesn't hurt to stand, no palpable sore spots. It's not in the center and I don't think the spine is involved at all. I am cringing at the thought of an impending sfx, but I'm not sure what else it could be.

And yes I know I could stop running for a while and see if that helps, but I really, really don't want to do that. Running is one of the things I have to keep me going through this whole ordeal. I'm just above where I should be in weight and I need to take off several pounds to be able to go weigh in without worrying and/or paying. There are 6 1/2 weeks until SCM, and MM and I are doing her first 20 miler this weekend. I don't have TIME to be injured, dammit!

And I'm still playing phone tag with the discharge planner to find out when/how we can get a hospital bed and wheelchair at home. DH calls multiple times a day to yell and plead to come home and will not listen to anything I respond with. I have three classes (M/T/W nights) and a lot of work at my regular job, we just had more layoffs, DS doesn't seem overly enthusiastic or industrious about getting a job. This pelvic issue is really the last straw.

Call me Job.

Howdy

Group power class this morning.

Ugh.  Been passing blood off and on since the weekend, so went to the GP this morning.  He said it may just be internal hemmoroids.....Sorry if this is tmi, but need to discuss w someone. Still a little worried.  Feel ok,  Bloodwork came back ok, not anemic, may move up my October colonoscopy appt.   Augusta 70.3 is in 10 days.....

Damaris, sorry about your Grandmother.

Tessa--hang in there.  I hope it isn't a sfx for your sanity's sake.

Smile

Anonymous Guest

Interviews this morning seemed to go really well. When the VP of Communications starts her half hour interview with you with "Let me just start by saying I absolutely loved, loved. loved your cover letter" and moves on to "I don't even know what to ask you, you have so much on your resume that is so exactly a fit for this job", I think that is a good sign. The last person I interviewed with asked me what I considered my biggest accomplishment and I totally drew a blank, and all I could think of was registering for Boston last week! I think I kinda saved my answer, but still...I really should have prepared a little better for the "typical" interview questions, I guess.

I don't know how the other two candidates did, but based on feedback I got, there is a good chance I'll be re-entering the workforce soon. I really like all the people I've met, which is good since it's a small association (7 employees total). The commute will be about an hour each way, so I guess it could be worse. Also, one of the people I interviewed with mentioned that their hours are 9-5 with an hour for lunch, which is really nice as far as getting in and out of town in a reasonable amount of time.

Tessa, thinking healthy, healing thoughts for you. The universe has given you enough, dammit, it's time to give you some good!

Carol, your runs were hard because you've been sick, not because you have lost fitness. I would not push it this weekend if I were you. If you were me, you'd probably be stupid and try it anyways, so don't be me.

Ginny, that sounds like a great race. Enjoy it, and your weekend with your friend.

Susan, ugh on the health problems. Can be so stressful. I hope it's nothing serious, which is most likely the case. Hard not to let the mind assume the worst, I know, but try not to go there.

Judy, nice workouts as always.

Laura, how much longer until you start the new job?

Damaris, I'm sorry for your loss.

I switched my rest day to today because of the interviews all morning - may go for a bike ride yet, and the dog seems to think he now gets to go for a walk even if I don't run, so I'll get that in as well. Then he has to go back to the vet this afternoon for his ear infection, and this house definitely needs some cleaning.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen-wtg! I love it when people say "no one reads cover letters"... it depends on the position of course but a good cover letter can more than make up for what may not be evident on the resume or what may not make sense. nice job!

Carol-I have long since given up on the "push it" mantra... really, what it to be gained by pushing it?... what is to be lost by pushing it? therein lies your answer (must consider the source though)

Judy-nice way to mix it up.

Ginny-sounds lovely! I was telling the PT's about our chocolate race and the people packing Gu that just didn't get the point of it. That was a fun one!

Tessa-we can't lose you too! take it easy and be kind to yourself for a change, okay? nothing to prove and may some lighter miles for a bit can still hit the sweet spot for you?

Sue-never heard of those but I suppose the parts are there so obviously possible. diet change maybe help?

PT on Monday left leg so sore, yesterday still sore with sharp pointy pain at times. Today sharp pointy pain when trying to do some exercises so they eliminated the squats. Actually started to cry at the PT, it's just so frustrating and I guess unexpected to me. Given some other stretches to do at home.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Got back from walking the dog and had a missed call. Called back and........job offer! More money than before plus a Metro subsidy. I'm getting a written offer by the end of the day, contingent on my references checking out okay. The plan is to start on 10/14.

Hmm, just realized goal marathon is 10/13 - first day of work could be a little rough!

I'm excited. I wasn't sure I wanted a job, but the more I learned about this one and the more people I met, the more I wanted it. Now I just hope DH can work the magic and get a "work from home" job instead of a "move to Texas" job. From what he's heard, they are putting more and more people in the first category because moving everyone is a huge, huge cost, plus they don't have enough room in the new buildings in the Woodlands.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I've been running too many days in a row. I haven't taken a day off since August 29th. So today is rest day. I'm on a plane.

Laura they have a house in Florida and they also have a cabin on Leisure Lake in Mi. They will be mostly in Fl but but spend summer in Mi. The stuff with dad isn't great. So I'm just dealing with it.

Must power down. Be back.

Marjorie

WooHoo Karen!!!!  Congrats on the job!!!  So happy for you.

So I feel fine, haven't had any problems today.  I don't think diet is the culprit.......ugh.  Just don't need any problems right now.  So when I was leaving the doc said "you can continue with your normal activities".  I smiled and he said, "Within reason, but I can tell you are going to do what you want, right?"  LOL

ginnyb

Karen...congratulations!

Sue...sorry about the health problems, nothing serious I am sure.

Lisa....darn knee

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Just jumping in quickly as I'm heading to soccer practice:

Karen - whoo hoo!!!  So happy for you!!  I start 10/08 - I'm actually taking a pay cut but my mental health will be so much better ha ha

Hi Ginny, Tessa, Sue, Lisa, Marjorie....