Womens Running

Friday EVE THURSDAY (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

We can do it!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!  Felt so good to sleep 9 hours!

I had some crazy dreams last night! One that included my ex proposing. RANDOM. In the dream I was so conflicted because I didn't want to marry him. Weird.

Still humid and yucky here. I have my last double digit tomorrow! The nerves are starting to make their way in....

Interview today! WOOOHOO! I have to get some questions together!

Sandy – Awe, thanks for the confidence on the interview! I don’t have any confidence but I can fake it haha. Hope the meeting went well last night!

Kathryn – Almost time!!!

Karen – Awe, thanks for the good luck!

Cathy – You and DD are so cutteeee Smile

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday! Surprised you could breathe in that crap yesterday afternoon.

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thankful for libraries. DC and I will volunteer down there this afternoon.

Wednesday I was out running earlier since there was to be a short respite from the rain. It was a very good 50 minute run and really invigorating. At 75, we really need invigorating. I noticed that down in the woods the stems of most of the bushes are suddenly greener looking than they were yesterday. The new little willow trees in the park are all of a sudden very yellow looking. The buds on a tree that I can see from here have definitely enlarged as a result of our 70°F. yesterday. Spring is trying to come. There is hope!

Today I plan to run inside and cross train. There will be black ice out there this morning. I think I’ll do the stairs in the building.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

4 this morning. DF had to leave early for an appt near New Orleans, so I cut it short to see him off. Warm and steamy here too.  Shorts and short sleeves already--steamy morning. Hip/lower back was not happy this morning.  I almost stopped. Hope I don't pay for it later.

Last week at Ash Wednesday services everyone sat in the back of the church. Small congregation, and low attendance at Wednesday services. Last night one of the ushers roped off the back half of the church with caution tape, so we all had to sit closer to the front.  everyone had a good laugh with that.

Judy--smart to stay indoors and avoid the black ice. I stumbled but did not fall this morning--I think it is the same lump of concrete I tripped on last summer.  I need to run out there and paint it bright pink or something so I will see it in the dark. I had my headlamp on and still did not see it. Whew!

Have a great Thursday!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, I have wanted to take a big hammer to a few "knots" in the asphalt myself. Bright paint would be a good idea actually! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue maybe day glo orange and perhaps someday a maintenance worker will actually fix it.

We live on a   gravel road, with a gravel driveway...gravel actually does freeze...or at least the water in between the gravel does making it as slick as an ice rink.  I was very careful out there this morning.  Supposed to get to 42 today, 50 something tomorrow and 60 or so on Sat but rain all 3 days.  The winter wheat fields are swamped and look like rice paddies. We needed the rain but not all at once like this.

Lizzie good luck today, you got this.

Judy, I'm so glad to hear when you can get outside.  You are such an inspiration.  I want to be like you when I'm 75...you are awesome.

Thanks Cathy and Karen.  If I can get close to even 10 hours at this 50k it will be huge for me.

ginnyb

Icy here this morning too.  It has rained for 4 , no 5, straight days here and now it is cold again.  3 miles on the TM this morning and it wasn't feeling all that great either.

Lizzie...good luck with the interview today and your run tomorrow.

I don't imagine anyone stayed up to watch the USA women's hockey win the gold?  Me neither, wish it hadn't been on so darn late, that would have been exciting to watch.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning all,

Lizzie, good luck, you got this, rock it out, etc...  Crossing fingers and eyes!

Judy, yay on the buds!

Sue, too funny about the caution tape.  I was always a back row kinda gal at church/school/anywhere.  I guess that gave me a head start on being a back of the pack runner!

Diane, just keep your head down and plug away and you will get it.

Ginny, great getting on the TM when it wasn't the best.

Just checked into my flight, they offered first class for $100 more, almost took it. If it is offered on the way back I just might take it.

It was 43 out this morning,   Think I will end up being... not a twerker, not a tweeker, but a tweener.  It will be too cold for a light jacket and every so slightly too warm for my fleece later in the race when it is at its high of ~40.  Still gonna be a popsicle at the start (25) for about 6 hours. But by the time it warms up, I will be slowing way down.  Oh, who am I kidding, I will be slow the entire time!!!  I will leave a light jacket in my drop bag for the last 10 miles just in case.

I think I am going to try to mentally split my run up into 5 mile, 90 minute segments.  Seven of them.  I can do 5 miles.  The aid stations are 2, 3, 8, 5, 2, 2, 4, 6, 1 miles apart so a little wonky.

Funny yesterday.  I was chatting with a coworker about the race.  Everyone knows I am undertrained and I joke about it.  I called her out, I asked her if she thought I would finish.  She was awesome and gave an honest answer of no.  We had a good laugh.  Now I want to prove her wrong.

I just realized a few days ago that I have ANOTHER trip which starts on Saturday the 3rd.  Ugh.  And a half marathon that Saturday.  Didn't realize it was so close to AC.  I will be in Vegas for a veterinary conference, YAWN.  5 days, 8 hours a day of potential classes.  I need 34 hours.  (Covers me for 2 years.)  Doubt I will go out, I really don't like Vegas on my own.  We are at Mandalay Bay, which is ALL the way down the strip so I doubt I will even wander.

Happy Thursday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Virtual Friday for me today.     We are going to see The Greatest Showman (again) tomorrow morning, DD loves that movie.  Then dentist appointments for the kids in the afternoon.  Fun times!  My foot actually feels really good today, but I will rest it.  We had the option to take a CPR/AED device training class in March through the running team, so I signed up to do that.  Probably a good thing to know!

Lizzie, good luck on the interview!!  You will do awesome.  And yay on the last double digit long run!  You had another great training cycle, I am super excited for you!  That is a weird dream.    They had parent/teacher conferences this week so the teachers get the day off.  Kaitlyn's conference was all of 2 minutes.  There's only so much gushing they can do.    I guess that is good!  Cannot complain about a kid that likes school.  The foot thing bugs me because it probably would have healed faster if I just quit running.  Oh well.  I'll be back out there soon enough.  

Judy, it seemed there were a lot of birds singing this morning.  I would like to think that spring is coming!  

Sue, ha, funny that everyone sat in the back!  We do that in meetings at work.  I think it's a remnant from school days, no one wants to sit close to the teacher.  

Diane, you are awesome at accomplishing what you set your mind to, despite the obstacles. 

Ginny, you're back!  I finished "Carnegie's Maid", I really enjoyed it.  I have a book to finish, then I will read "The Music Shop".

Kat, have a great trip and good luck!  I like your plan to mentally split up the race.  Keeps the mind busy.    Ugh on the LV trip.  March sneaks up on everyone.    I know because my birthday is March 4 and everyone seems shocked when it "suddenly" arrives.

Damaris, nice job getting your running in!

Kupcakes, wow, 80 degrees!  Nice speedwork!

Cathy

Seloc

Lizzie – GOOD LUCK today!  Just be your usual awesome self.  Will be thinking of you at that time!  That is one wacko dream haha.  9 hours of sleep feels heavenly.  And look, you won’t have to wake up at the crack of your ass (oops – sorry – that’s a saying my sisters and I have.  Yes, we are weird haha) tomorrow!!  Any fun weekend plans?

Judy – aw, man, you are seeing signs of spring already??  Too much snow here for that with more on it’s way tonight.  Blerg.

Sue – warm and steamy?  I must live on a different continent haha.  Nice 4!  That’s pretty funny about the caution tape but, effective!!

Ginny – heck no on staying up that late to watch hockey but hooray for US Gold!  The goalie (and I think 7 or 8 others) are from MN.  The State of Hockey, ya know.

Kat – that is a GREAT plan to split the race like that!  I love it!  Helps sooooo much mentally.  And just think of all the fun you will be having with the ladies after!!  Safe flight, girlie!!  And wow on Vegas next weekend – you’re just a travelin foo’  Yeah, not a huge Vegas fan here either.  Been there, done that and gramma doesn’t like to spend her money on gambling haha

Cathy – hey, virtual Friday for me, too!  I took tomorrow off as a happy birthday to me kinda day since I do have to work on Tuesday.  I’ve heard such great things about that movie maybe I’ll actually go see it.  SO HAPPY to hear your foot is feeling better!!

Yoga sculpt this morning.  Felt good to stretch out.  Would have preferred to run but for one, it was in the single digits and two, I’m planning to run long tomorrow.  Took the day off work to play.  Long run, pedicure and beers with two pals.  Happy early birthday to me!!  Snow coming tonight should make for challenging road conditions tomorrow.  Seems like spring is coming everywhere except MN!!  Good day to all!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Cathy, love the medal and the picture of you and DD running! Let me guess. Will the last medal perchance have a shamrock on it?

CPR is a good thing to know.

Susan, great idea to rope off the back of the church so the congregation has to sit closer. Wouldn't work for us -- everyone has their own favourite spot and for some people that is the very back. Choir joke is "sing so Donna can hear you" because we are to the left of the altar from the POV of someone standing in the back and Donna's chosen seat is the last row of pews, far right. We wonder if she doesn't like the choir (which could be a problem since her daughter is in it) or if she wants to be first through the door for coffee hour.

And painting the knot in the concrete sounds like a good idea unless you want to take the sledgehammer to it.

Kat, sounds like a plan, splitting the race into 5 mile segments. GRC like most ultras puts the aid stations where the vehicles can get to them.

Presume you're flying to Vegas, are you renting a car or just going to the hotel and staying there?

Ginny, that cold icy wet weather sounds nasty, but at this point we would take it just for the wet portion. It is cold here but no rain.

At least you did the 3 even though it didn't feel good!

Diane, that frozen gravel sounds treacherous, be careful.

Judy, everything budded here too then we got a cold snap this week. Be careful with black ice! That stuff scares me.

Liz, good luck with the interview!

Karen, I did that race (Kansas Fall ultra), do you want the race report? I know I posted it but not sure on what sites. Pavement to start with then flat limestone.

Managed 4 yesterday morning with RN, then 3.2 solo today. Had a lunch yesterday but hoping to run today. Classes are in full swing and I am busy!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Sandy, Happy early birthday!! Have a great celebration.  

Hi Tessa! Ding ding ding... the last race is The Luck of the Irish.

Kilmisters

First of all, congrats on hockey - USA women's gold! Too bad the mens team got eliminated quite early tho. Hoping it's Canada-Russia final, w the former getting the gold.

Cathy, aw, virtual Friday? Glad your foot feels good! Patience pays off!

Lizzie, boss is back w her usual drive, which is amazing; I channel a lot of energy from her Smile Ah, silly dreams... There is no point in trying to find any explanation; they are too random... Some people say that dreams are ''sourcing'' ideas from our subconscious levels, but I have a hard time believing even that.

Kat, fingers crossed for you and Lisa! It will be fine! A little birdie told me she has quite a few beers in her luggage... As in... 11 bottles and one can (!!!) Big grin

Sue, the pic w caution tape made me smile Smile That's one way of dealing w it...

Damaris, that's a crapload of work for two days combined... Hoping it calms down soon.

Sandy, thanks, K let me sleep last night Smile Long run, pedicure and beers??? That's the perfect combo!! I'll have floorball, then beers/cakes w friends on Sunday Smile

Got lots of sleep last night (both K and cat were peaceful!), and had very productive day at work. The important project (has to do w potential merger, big deal) that I was fearing would take eternity was actually finalized today, thanks to efficient team work w boss and ''I've been thru this crap, hold my beer'' experience from my side. I have no illusion this is the end of it, but at least the first part is done.

When I got out of house this morning it was... -4 degrees. Nothing too crazy for Latvian February, but the sudden drop of temperature caught the whole country off guard. It's 10 degrees now and literally dropping every 10mins... But DH will be home only in 90mins, so I have no choice but to wait... And hope it doesn't get below, uhm, well, below 5 degrees would be... Not nice...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

Another good book is, Space Between Words" by Michele Phoenix, just in case anyone wants another recommendation.

Loved the Greatest Showman!  Downloaded the music on phone and listen many times a day.

Sandy....I was laughing when Sue mentioned warm and steamy too....like we live in the same country??????

Elina...hope you get that run in before it gets too much colder.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Tessa--yes, we basically all have our own pew in church.  Funny thing about being forced to sit in the front half of the church. It filled from the last available pew in the back and the front quarter of the church was still empty.  AND--everyone was in the same order, just four or five rows up.  LOL  we joked about it.  Someone said, "Susan, come sit over here". And I replied that it was bad enough to sit a few rows up, so don't ask me to change to the other side of the aisle too!!  We are such creatures of habit.