Womens Running

I'm First? (Read 20 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Holy cats...where is everyone?

dhuffman63

Trails

Well I guess I am.  Warmed up to 27 this morning...may hit a high of 37...woohoo (sarcasm) I hate winter.  I hate putting on layers of clothes, I hate bulky coats, I hate the dry skin.  Not a fan at all.  On top of that I have a cold.  sore throat, cough, runny nose and all.

On the happy side I have some cookies this morning.  And it's national chocolate day.

ginnyb

- 1 here this morning.  I really, really dislike the cold, I know no one is surprised.  Did go and work out with trainer this morning, he is still sick, but he was there, sounded awful though.  Then I get to work and half the staff has called off today, my coworker isn't sounding too good either.  There is practically not enough people at work today to cover all the departments.  I think we should go home!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Kilmisters

Margaret, happy anniversary!

To everyone complaining about cold, please, send it here, this is becoming awful. Will switch from winter to spring running jacket for this eve's run. 40 degrees out there.

Drove to work, did the important daily stuff in 2hrs, copied some files from server for potential WFH tomorrow and went home. Sorry not sorry. Sitting there would be pointless; the stuff on to-do-list consists of either stuff that is not technical but ''have to figure out how to analyze this'' which can literally be done even while running; or can only be done next week/year once the latest data is in. So, another 4 days of rest Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Diane, I hope you get better soon. All of the things you listed as hating, I also hate. The dry skin is a constant irritation. By the time I get used to all the clothing layers and trying to manipulate anything with gloves, it is March and I can start removing some of them. I'm doomed.  

Ginny, Libraries run on a shoestring so it is really hard to deal with workers' absences.

It has come to my attention that Yahoo is...broken.   

Wednesday it was just too cold to do anything outside so I did 60 minutes on our building TM. If no one comes in, I sing. Ooops!  I did some gradually increasing speed intervals and started a little bit of incline. If I’m going to do incline, is there a good and safe gradual plan of how to do it? I don't want to screw up what is going well.

Today I will stay inside for sure again. It’s under 10° F. right now with a nasty wind chill. I’ll run here at home on the TM.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, isn't it weird beating Lizzie to the start!!  She was off on her 20 miler.  So sorry you too have the crud.  Let's hope you don't keep it.  I too hate winter. I have now moved twice to get away from it.  (NY - OR, WA  - TX)  Too damned cold now.

Ginny, glad you went to your training today!!  -1 is insanity.

Elina, WFH...  So jealous.

Judy, definitely another indoor day for you.

39 here.  Sat it will get to mid 60's, but then right back down to 40's.  Next Sat is predicted to be 57, so it won't be too bad at my slog up and down rock filled hills.  Sounds fun...   (insert Diane's sarcasm here!)

That's that.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

20.2 miles for this girl today! First of 4 done!

I switched my long run to today instead of Friday. We are celebrating HCBF's families Christmas on Friday and have to be there pretty early - so was just better to get it done today. I was worried because I have had a tough week run wise ( a lot of miles) but it went pretty well! My body felt good but mentally was a bit of a struggle. My stomach was a nightmare! Seriously was in the woods 3x. I am thinking it was because I ate a piece of cake last night and went directly to bed. Not smart. But it got done! My feet are sore and my hips are bothering me..but I expected some aches and pains. I really pushed my body these past 4 days! Need to be nice to myself Smile

I did 48 miles within 4 days so I need some rest! I have a short run Saturday that will push me to about 55 miles for the week.

Did I mention it was 15 degree's? I slept in a little so that the sun would be out - but still 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 2 socks, gloves, face mask/scarf, ear warmers and hand warmers! I actually kept pretty warm! When I got home is when the shivering started!

HCBF had to work today Sad He is staying in Richmond though so thats good. I have to run to Kroger to get some sweet potatoes. HCBF's mom wants me to make my casserole for tomorrow. Thats all I have on the agenda! I am going to take lots of naps!

Judy - You are so sweet! Eating a celebratory cookie for me yesterday Smile Glad the toes are doing okay! Yoga in the middle of the night to help you get back to sleep? Hmm…ZZquil also works wonders Smile LOL at the plastic surgery comment. So true. Nice run yesterday!

Diane - What kind of food do you order on Amazon??? I have been interested to check that whole thing out but some things I find are more expensive on there! That wine cake sounds REALLY good! Oh no!!! Sorry you have a cold!! Sad

Docket - Excuse me?! You don’t like cookies?! Not even chocolate chip?!

Karen - Wow, I would say you needed a rest day yesterday! Hope you were lazy Smile I am sorry about the holidays being hard sometimes Sad I get it.

Ginny - HI GINNY!!! Miss hearing from you! I am sorry you are feeling down about yourself - we all have those moments. Especially around the holidays when we are stuffing our faces with crap. I had a moment last night after I ate my cake..just felt a lot of guilt. I almost even throw out the piece I have for tonight. Let me just say this Ginny, when I am your age..if I looked like you do..I will be ONE LUCKY woman! Seriously. You are one bad@ss woman. I can only hope to be as strong as you are if I ever make it to 68! Wink OH hand sanitizer needs to be your best friend!

Hi Kathryn!!! What are your plans for the New Year??

Tessa - Did not know there was such a thing called Boxing Day. Was curious when Margaret asked about it. Interesting. Nice run yesterday! Interesting on the two gentlemen..hmm. I would be suspicious.

Kilmisters - I wore my face mask/scarf whatever it is. You know what I noticed? When I pulled it down in-between wind gusts..I noticed that it was freezing on the inside. Like, my saliva. LOL. Ew. The key audit IS REALLY VERY simple! My company complicates it and goes bat sh*& crazy when the client asks for things about it and then changes the policy last minute. Its dumb. They need to push back on the client - which isn’t ideal but needs to be done. Blah on the crappy sleep! I do 5 days a week and it seems to work well with me. The 2 full rest days help A LOT. You will need those with all the floor ball you have going on also!

Cathy - Have a great time celebrating Christmas with your family! We got your Christmas card Smile What a great picture!!! STAY WARM!

Margaret - Aw, Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you had a great date night!

Laura - How were you able to run on the treadmill and watch This is us without sobbing uncontrollably?! LOL. Secret to not feeling flabby in workout clothes is getting the high waisted pants. They are my hero.

Hi Carol! Nice run yesterday!!!

Hi Run4kupcakes! Did you eat all of your cupcakes?

OH the parents meeting went great. Not one awkward silence. They were very surprised when HCBF and I picked up the check. The place we went to is very pricey...but their appreciation for that made it worth the money Smile

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My legs are exhausted and just realized I've been running for 10 days straight so I think I should move my 5 miles to tomorrow and just lift and Pilates the afternoon away.  My dad is visiting here while I work from home so that should give me some more time with him.

I assume Lizzie was running instead of posting.  The nerve!  And she rocked it!

Diane, tag, you are it! Hoping your cold goes away.

Ginny, glad your trainer made it this time.

Elina, first, they have to send me some cold weather. It's 82F here today!  Another 4 days of rest sound good.

Margaret, Happy Anniversary!

Judy, is there a particular reason you want to do inclines?  I normally run flat on the TM without much worry about inclines.  But, at Orange Theory, they make us do intervals of push pace (a bit faster than easy) at 2% for 1 minutes, easy @ 0% or 1%, then do the same but with 4%, 6%, etc. Maybe start 30 seconds or 1 minute and see how that goes.

Kathryn, your weather sounds lovely.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kathryn - I laugh at the temps you are getting because isn’t that one of the reasons why you left Seattle?! LOL.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket - 10 days straight?! WOW. You need some rest! Enjoy the time with your dad Smile

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I joke, but the weather actually wasn't one of the reasons I left, but it was a deciding factor where I went to.  NO MORE COLD WINTERS.  What gives...

Damaris, rest woman!!!

Oh yeah, I am LOVING my pasta maker.  Fresh pasta is definitely different that store bought stuff.  Coworkers are clamoring over getting some, need to experiment a bit more before I will share.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

4 TM miles for me, looks like this arctic freeze is going to last for awhile, ugh!

Diane - I am with you, I hate winter, too.  HATE IT!!  I feel better now!

Ginny - nice gym workout but ugh on being short staffed at work, hope the day goes fast for you.

Elina - I will gladly send these temps to you, I think 40 sounds pretty awesome right now LOL!

Judy - nice TM workout!

Kat - 57 sounds pretty good for a race!

Lizzie - omg you are a rockstar, a crazy rockstar, but WOW!!  I do get choked up watching the show.  I am waiting for Jack to die and anytime he's driving I am worried he's going to be in an accident (not sure how he dies so don't tell me ha ha)!!  I am on episode 5 of the second season, I'm thinking Kevin is going to start being addicted to pain killers....  Glad the dinner went well, I thought they had met before?

Damaris - enjoy the visit with your dad!

Off to pick up DS from his friend's house, I should start doing some organizing, but I'm feeling lazy today.  BF and I are doing date night tonight because he had to work late Tuesday.

Docket_Rocket

I have run for longer before but with everything I have to do today, the rest will be welcomed too.

Kathryn, if you wanted no cold Winters, you only have one tiny part of this country that will give you that and that's South Florida. Not even Central FL, just us, the fucked up tropical corner.

Laura, nice 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Lizzie, great LR! All the layers makes the winter running feel more badass Smile As for facemask freezing, well, if it's cold enough out there, your breath is actually what freezes Smile At least that was the case for me last winter; the balaclava was hard as rock after the run, had issues getting it off Big grin

Damaris, good decision moving the run! Ok, you're above me in the list of people that need cool temps, agreed Wink

10k for me today; watching hockey and waiting for the Excel to, uhm, process the change of formatting I applied to 19'000 cells. Oops. It's been a few minutes.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Two places where you won't get a winter. South Florida and southern California.

83* F here today. (About 28, Elina.)

Cold at night but heating up a lot during the day.

Ginny, I hope the library stays open because for a lot of people that's where they go to get out of the weather, as you know, most shelters close during the day.

Very tired. I was up at 2:15 calling London for updates on a placement and then came in on the first bus and was on a conference call at 7. But it is done. No run today, and I'm on my second piece of cake.