Womens Running

Weekend (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Women Run today; pointless event, but me and my best friend always participate. Turns out it's 8k this year not 10k. The course is two loops of 4k (meh) and we haven't decided yet if we want to run together or not. I have nothing against slow pace, but stopping is a no, whole rythm is lost. Meeting friend for a beer after that. A bottle opened now too. I should probably stop  But feeling relaxed. Until Monday, that is.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 and weights tonight.

Elina, ugh.  I hate women events.

Thanks for the comments yesterday.  I figured it was the case because all my clothes still fit, but the scale number is really irking me, ha.  I weight 184 lbs (always have been heavy even at my thinnest, but still).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Back from 8 this morning with one of my baby runners. He's really quiet so we don't usually talk much, but had a good conversation after about his goals for this next season and his running in general. It was pretty miserable weather, but even so I can tell he's getting faster and stronger. We also decided we're going to start meeting earlier on Saturdays and if others still want to meet at 7, he and I will start earlier and then loop back around at 7 to get them.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. I was so lazy yesterday - it felt great.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Woke up at 9:30 and it was already 83 out.  Need to go to Costco (meds) and the liquor store, priorities.  Probably figure finances out for the next few months later.  Also still have several unanswered questions regarding the end of my job.  Getting frustrated as I have already asked the people twice.  And they are quite important.

Off to shower to run my errands, have $130 in cash for meds, booze, and gas.

Happy weekend and running all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 easy miles this morning. Beyond humid, I was soaked a few minutes in. Now doing some laundry.

Kilmisters, hope the race went well.

Docket, I don't mind the running club's women's 5ks. They are small enough that there is plenty of room on the course.

KatS, you're brave to hit up Costco on a Saturday.

AnonymousGuest, there's earlier than 7 on a Saturday?

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ah home sweet home!! Rest day for me!

We got home this morning..but then we had to do the usual stuff...grocery, unpack, cut grass and get my RUGER BUDDY. Ruger is currently nuzzled up against me covered in two blankets Smile We missed him so much! They said he did really well but did POOP a couple times in his "suite". Which is interesting because he has NEVER pooped in the house ever. I wonder if it was raining when they let him out....

When we got home I went right to the mailbox and noticed there wasn't any mail. Thought that was weird. We came inside....and HCF's friend had stopped by (she has a key) and left us flowers, balloons, bride and groom mugs, and a cake! She wrote a very sweet card, too. SO SWEET!!!She picked up the mail, too. Super sweet of her.

OH...and yes, you all have been here from the start of my journey with HC!!! Crazy how things turned out. I dont think I would have made it through "relationshipping" without the help of you ladies! i hope you all know that when that day comes...I would llooovvveeeeee all of you all there!!!! I know life happens and expenses and etc..but you all have been here from day one. It would mean the world to me if you all were there for Chapter 2 "Day One". Wink Wink Just saying.

I really want to run tomorrow but I won't...I am thinking I will hit the gym first thing and do some stairmaster and free weights. Was going to do a body pump class..but IDK..I may just want to get up and get it over with rather than waiting until 10. Plus I feel like I need to do something to work off the pizza, bagels, cupcakes and cookies I ate for a week straight! LOL. We will see. Stoked to add in some miles next week!

Sandy - I love boring weekends! That patio will sounds nice after 11 miles Smile Hope the water stop went okay today. I don’t care where the bachelorette marathon is, really! Smile Karen is human!!!! LOL.

Karen - Sounds like yesterday was a good day for a rest day! Nice run today with your baby runner! I hope it isn’t awkward to run in silence? Wink Thats always my biggest fear with running with someone. Extroverting.

Cathy - Happy Anniversary!!!! Awwww..I hope you guys enjoy your day Smile Hopefully DH doesn’t get any calls.  I am so jealous of your weather!! SO JEALOUS!  Have a great weekend!!!

Damaris - For what its worth, I have noticed a difference in you for the past couple weeks. I was going to say weight loss! I guess its the muscle tone! Nice job!!! The scale can be a cruel cruel piece of equipment. I stay off of it at this point. My past was a little extreme with it but..my mind is a much less clouded if it doesn’t know haha. You look great!!!

Carol - YAAAYYYYYY on full time retirement!!!

Lisa - Wow, your weekend sounds fun!! Is DC running long with you tomorrow? Are you doing his first marathon with him!? Smile You must have inspired him. Thank you for saying that about referring back to this moment when work really sucks. LOL. I hope it works! Uhm, did you say kit Kat MCFLURRIES?! OMG. YUM. Your DD is inspiring! SOOOO happy that your chapter is closed and you are moving on. I can’t not believe he would say that about your posts!!! Insecurity at its finest! Wow. Past is the past now..I love seeing you so happy and I can’t help but smile when I read your posts because they are sooooo positive. Smile POST MORE POST MORE. Smile Smile

Tessa - I would say that you have earned some rest!!!

Kilmisters - Hope the race went well! Just remember that there is beer at the end haha. Well, I am sure it is done now so you have probably consumed a lot of beer. Smile

Kathryn - Hope you get the finances sorted out. Frustrating that they aren’t answering your questions. BLOW UP THEIR PHONE! Smile

Run4kupcakes - Nice run! I get up at 5:30am to run on Saturdays (ducks).

Have a great Saturday night! I will be cheering on the CAPPPPSSSSS

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

20 miles on the TM...glad that's done. Drinking some dragons milk. It was a horrible day.

Docket_Rocket

20 miles on the TM...glad that's done. Drinking some dragons milk. It was a horrible day.

Awesome!  Hoping your day gets better though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Sunday!

5 miles yesterday, then we spent the day at BF's dad's summer property.  It's nice because it's only about a 45 minute drive so we can spend the day and still come home to our own bed!

I will run a few miles later this morning.  DS has a soccer game and then a scholarship awards ceremony at the high school.  He graduates in two weeks, I am kind of ready for all of this end of the year stuff to be over LOL!

Elina - hope you had fun with your friend, at least there was beer involved!

Damaris - hope you had a good workout!

Karen - sounds like a nice run, glad you could enjoy a lazy day!

Kat - hope you get some answers soon, that is frustrating!

K - nice 3!

Diane  - WOW on the TM 20!

Lizzie - I saw the pics of your congrats sign/cake, how sweet of HCF's friend!!  So exciting, I still remember you wanting him to get the hint to ask you out, ha ha!!

So, work is going okay.  My nurse started a couple of weeks ago and she is very nice, probably a few years older than me (but I don't want to ask lol).  The first day our Associate Director came to help out and get some of the initial stuff done (like signing paperwork, computer passwords, etc) but since that time, I have been doing all of her training and it is tiring!  A lot of our job involves Medicaid so there is a sh*t tone of paperwork for everything and trying to explain that for every situation is not easy.  She's done a few re-assessments with me (which is basically updating the past information) but this coming week we have two new people to see so I don't know how that's going to go.  A big problem is lack of seasoned staff (nurses, specifically) so there are only 2 people in house that can really show her the nurse part and one doesn't offer any help and the other is over worked (and she is leaving next month).  Oh well, sink or swim I guess.

Oh  and the 'drama' I was referring to a couple of weeks ago...my co -worker (now supervisor) asked me if I was looking for another job because the bosses at the main office heard a rumor that I was leaving.  I was so caught off guard..part of me was like, "well, it's none of anyone's business unless I've interviewed and the new job is calling on me' and I'm also thinking, don't most people keep their options open, especially when there is a lot of turnover, change, etc.  I think the information came from a SW at the main office who I was at a conference with that previous week and she asked me how long I'd worked there.  When I told her almost 5 years (which is when you get more days off and a higher pension contribution) she said, "so does that mean you're a lifer here?".  I don't even remember what I responded, but I likely said, "well that's the plan but I may need to re think that if I don't get a partner soon".  She's a trouble maker so I should have thought better about responding at all.  Anyhow, it was just uncomfortable for me because the bosses were all discussing me and if they needed to find another SW, etc.   I told my supervisor that unless they had a letter of resignation from  me or they were firing me then I wasn't leaving.  Stupid.  The ironic thing is that someone else put in their resignation (another office) that they weren't expecting. Anyhow, it's been about a month since that happened and I guess the gossip about it has stopped, since I'm still there and still doing the job of two people!

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, hoping that won't get your job in jeopardy, LC!

I have 10 miles tonight.  Hoping I can breathe better than the one last night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

4.2 kinda rainy miles.

Damaris - I'm not too worried about the job itself, but they are talking about making changes so I hope they don't change my region or something stupid.  We'll see....  Have a good 10 later!!

Kilmisters

Diane, hoping your day got better, great miles!!

Lizzie, I could arrive w a big screen, laptop and start a slideshow w quotes about HCF from this forum, haha. And then run away and never come back Big grin It's crazy how we've "seen" the story from day 1.

Laura, that's such a stupid situation. It's not like you've been that you're looking for other options; being rumored about and then confronted like that sucks. Hoping there are no negative consequences.

The Women Run was nice. Weather was challenging (warmest day of the year, no wind, course w no shadows etc), but, well, there is the saying about sweating more in practice and bleeding less in battle. Once again crazy negative split (narrow course + masses at start = no other options), but instead of thinking what the finish time could be without the masses, I am just glad I could pull it off.

On unrelated matter, DH had a surgery yesterday eve; nothing very serious, but naturally made me insanely worried anyway. That plus the workload made this week so miserable overall, but now it's over and have to look at next week w fresh perspective, huh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

10 miles on the TM...44 mile week...longest ever

Anonymous Guest

Laura, that's crazy. Do they really think talking about you and calling you out is going to make you more likely to stay? Not that you were necessarily looking, but still.

Diane, wow, nice mileage for you this weekend.

Liz, welcome back home. Ruger Buddy . How nice of HCF's friend to do that. I guess the running with others can be a little awkward sometimes. I've gotten to the point where I just tell them I sorta suck at extroverting and that somehow makes the silences less awkward. I told this guy that's why I got the baby runner I did to be a coach next year - she's really good at encouraging and cheering on people, and will have your life story by the end of a run. Complements my "sucking at all those things" well.

Elina, great job getting through the Women's Run. Hope all is going well with DH and his recovery - seriously, is could you get any more stress thrown your way?

Hi to all.

I ran another 8 this morning. I could not get up early today. I didn't get out until almost 9. Luckily there were some clouds out there. I kept it slow, stopped back my my house twice for gatorade, and went as far as I could. I'd have liked to have run farther, but that was enough. Followed it with some time floating in the pool, laundry and cleaning bathrooms. Now need to get some coaching stuff done.

Oh, big news. I have a walking group coach and assistant coach! I've been emailing back and forth with this woman and talked to her on the phone for over 1/2 hour yesterday. You know how much I hate talking on the phone, so she must be good! She doesn't like half marathons, prefers shorter distances, but has no problem training up to that distance. She walked with my group in the past, and when it fell apart a couple years ago she followed the people that left (which was a big cause of the falling apart) to the club they started. But she's unhappy there because they don't take the walkers seriously and don't seem to understand some of them are not just there as a social club, but want a coach and training. So she was happy they'd be following the same plan as the half marathon runners, and offered up another walker to help her out (so one could be at the front and one bring up the back). I'm meeting them both in person next Saturday - this is a huge relief.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me today. I did go to a Body Pump class this morning. Felt good to lift some weights - I am going to be super sore tomorrow.

We have just been playing catch up today. Errands, naps..etc. I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow...but I am ready for my routine again. If that makes sense? I just wish my routine didn't involve my job! LOL. Such a great vacation. Nothing can beat a week on the beach - oh, I guess a proposal can Smile

Ready to hit the ground "running" (hehe) tomorrow! Our humidity is dropping overnight and its going to be in the 50's in the morning!! I am excited to run in that! Not excited about that 4am wake up call. It has been nice "sleeping in" until 6:30 Smile

Diane - WOW!! Nice job on the 20 miles and then another 10?!!! AWESOME!!! Hope your day is better today!

Laura - Oh Laura!! Your job sounds so stressful right now. Hang in there. Really ridiculous about the “rumor”. You were right in saying it was no ones business. I have never heard of a company gossiping about finding a replacement for someone who hasn’t even put in notice! Ugh. There should NOT be any negative consequences over a rumor. That

Kilmisters - Glad the race went well! OH NO ON DH!!!! I hope everything is okay!

Karen - Nice job on the 8 today! Did you carry your handheld bottle, too? I am thinking I am going to test mine out this week. YAY!!! Awesome news on the walking coach and assistant coach!! I am glad they are joining your group because it sounds like the group they were in didn’t take them seriously. Smile Smile  The only reason I wish I lived in TX is to be in your group. I am sorry, that will never happen..but you know what I mean Smile Its so hard to talk on the phone!!! I don't even like to call to make reservations somewhere.

Okay. Off to go get some tacos ready for dinner. I will be going to bed early tonight..I stayed up late to watch the CAPS CRUSH!!! Smile Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2