Womens Running

(Over 40) Trade off Thursday (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Traded extra sleep for a nice crisp run.  They instal the new floors in the Master bedroom today.  I moved all the stuff out of the lower rods in the closet and everything else but the big furniture yesterday .  They will move all the big furniture for us and put it back.  Out the door I go.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Morning Marjorie - I usually trade a run in for extra sleep lol.  Enjoy the new flooring!

Getting ready for a few on the TM Smile

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, ohhh, a nice crisp run sounds so good! IT will be great to have the new floors.

Wednesday we had a really nice luncheon at work to drag us out of the winter blahs. Very simple, but really great tasting food. Yum!

Track run for 40 minutes after work, then cardio 35 minutes at home. I've been doing this cardio DVD with jumping-running intervals for almost 2 months and it has been removing little fat pads from the sides of my hips. My weight has stayed the same as I didn't want to lose anything. (I'm trying to achieve balance here.) I'm not sure, but there are stronger muscles in my legs and little sticks of arms. (They are getting to be slightly more firm little sticks.) Big grin Does any of the above make sense? Wink

Light, easy track run today and maybe the cardio with some light weights. I've been keeping up with short hand weight exercises 5 days a week.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

I traded a run and sleep for packing.  Needed to be done.  Only going for a couple of days but with a race and then travel right afterwards it means lots of clothing. I guess this is the medal I'l get for the half.  Hadn't thought about it being part of a series but apparently it is.  The do have a couple of neat things with it.  A guy dressed in a white suit (John Travolta style) will start in last place wiht donation of $1 for every person he passes going to a charity. I'm sure that I'll be passed by him.

And a Unisphere challenge.  There will be a 5 mile special split in middle of race when you run around the '64 Worlds Fair Unisphere. I recognze it from Men In Black movie.  After the race I wil be able to say that I have indeed run around the world. For the sake of others I do hope that I am one of the few that will say that.  LOL

Lisa

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

G'moring all!

Yesterday was core/strength day.  Got a good workout at the end of the day.  Today, I'm hoping for 3.5 at the indoor track.

Tessa - Haha, the "dark side."  You're not the first one to mention the half marathon.   You know.... I'm wise to you people.  I see how this works. First the 5K, then the 10K... you "might" throw in a 15K... and THEN we're talking the "M" word!

Anywhooo... I'm considering taking up the HM as my 2014 Goal.

Ginny - I think you're right.  I'm a runner now.  I even said to someone the other day that I was a runner.  blows my mind.

Marjorie - wow... I can only imagine the relief when "the problem child" quit the board.  I hope that filling up the spots will not be too terribly difficult.    I have coffee this afternoon with my board President.   It is so nice when a board is working well.  I wish that for you and your board!

Cindy - oh my.... hamstring AND a root canal.  Could ya throw in a little bone spur for good measure??   And yes... i see the dark side coming.  I feel the "force" pulling me in that direction Smile

Carol - on the weight thing... My best guidance would be to make sure that you're getting enough protein with your calorie intake.   A 1200 calorie deficit for the week is probably about right to sustain moderate weight loss.  Ditch any simple carbs that you may be consuming and replace them with protein.  That's the bang for your buck nutrient.

Camillie - Haha on the Diva!  And, there are so many beautiful things in TN.  I understand there a Ragnar form Chattanooga to Nashville!  You could see ALL the sites Smile

LC - no sleeping in today.  Had a sick puppy dog, she woke me up with an upset tummy.  Poor thing.   And, thank you for the encouragement!

Lisa - I sure do wish that i were closer to Flushing Meadows.... I'd be down to cheer you on!  I hope you have a GREAT race.  (Cool Medal!)

Marjorie - cool!  New floors.  And, maybe moving furniture counts for strength work?

Judy - You are so good at logging all of your workouts... nice!

Be well all,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

double post
                Julie_D

Fire Jumper

double post
                  Julie_D

Fire Jumper

double posted
                    Julie_D

Fire Jumper

double post
                      Julie_D

Fire Jumper

double post
                        LC Runs

3.5 on TM - also did some lower body weights, haven't really done any squats, lunges, etc since the knee thing.  But, it seems fine now, thank goodness.

Judy - you are too cute!  Nice workouts Smile

Lisa - have a GREAT time, sounds fun!

camille2

Good morning!  I have good news-spring is coming! It's not up here yet (28), but I saw it in the lowlands yesterday-blooming dogwoods and yellowbuds, lots of birds on the greenway. So nice!  I think it'll make it's way here (next week?) and shortly after to those of you further north. : )

I had trouble again today with this site-lost another post then couldn't get on for a little while. Anyone else? Everything else opened OK.

Julie, yep...I think you're going to make a great marathoner.  : )

Laura, glad the knee is better!

Lisa, the race sounds neat.  Good luck!  My company leaves Easter afternoon, so I'll be available on Monday. My mom has an appt Tues.

Cindy, the wedding will be at Sugar Hollow Retreat Center between Boone and Johnson City.  It was two farms a doc bought and made into the retreat. It's lightly used for weddings and Nascar race housing.  Very pretty place, but rustic...DD's Alaska roots are showing. Smile   It'll be pretty casual and the main draw is that their friends from all over can stay on site. The interior dirt roads were a muddy mess, but it had poured the day before and the gal said the man who does maintenance returns April 15.  I'll ask everyone to pray for a sunny weekend!  We have to take everything, so I needed to check out the towns.   Hope your hammie is better!

Demaris, I read your race report!  Congrats! Thanks for the report-I love reading them and haven't figure out where most marathoners post them over here.

I have to go to mom's today. Need to do intervals and will prob do them on the greenway near her.  Have a great day!

camille2

Forgot a couple things.

NC runners-I got a coupon code sheet at the race I can't use for Inside-Out sports in Cary, Raleigh and Charlotte. Supposed to be good instore and online.  20% off apparel with RUN2013, 20% of compression products with COMPRESSION, and 15% of Newton's with Newton2013.

Question-the HR monitor strap for the 410 rubbed an ugly red line under the transmitter. It's still there and will scar. It had irriated on shorter runs so I used Body Glide. Didn't help at all.  The 305 onlly occasionally irritated.  Any suggestions?  I need to use onebecause I think it's helping me avoid the "spells" (do I sound 90? Smile). I slow a little when I see it getting irratic. Modified-I found a solution at DC rainmaker's site: put bandaide over the transmitter. Will try that.

Anonymous Guest

Hmm, never made it on here yesterday. It was a SRD, so I don't know what kept me so busy, certainly not running or working out! Today my schedule calls for 12 with 9 at tempo. I may switch it with tomorrow's easy 6 since tomorrow has nicer weather and and I'm off work in the afternoon so I may switch them around.

Lisa, congratulations to Katie! I like the Unisphere and "running around the world".

Ginny, hope the mouth is feeling better. I was going to say teeth, but I guess it would be "lack of teeth". I remember that syringe when I got mine out - yuck.

Damaris, hope you're feeling better today. Migraines suck.

Julie, happy running anniversary!! Yes, you are now a runner. I remember a couple years back the announcer for a race I was doing referred to us as athletes and I giggled, because I didn't think of myself that way. I do now. Watch out for this group, they're a bunch of running enablers. Oh wait, I might be one too...

Marjorie, I hope now that the trouble-causer has quit the board things work better!

Cindy, a root canal and a sore hamstring, not your day. I still occasionally get hamstring pain. I've started laying on the floor on my back with my butt against the wall and my legs straight up against the wall after almost every run. 10-15 minutes and an awesome stretch.

Carol, I always eat back my exercise calories, at least most of them. If it's a long run day I might not eat them all that day, but I find myself eating more the next couple days. If you are set at 1200/day and then were down another 1200 for the week on top of that, you're barely taking in 1000 calories/day net. You need more fuel. If 1200/day is already a net 500 calorie loss for you, I would shoot for 1200-1400 for a few weeks (+ calories from exercise) and see what happens.

camille, thank you for the encouraging news on spring! I know it's coming, yet we're seeing snow flurries this morning. Actually, although we're colder than usual (or so they tell me), the weather here has been pretty good for running - mostly 40s and 50s. I think I'd rather have 60s and 70s though for everything else. No suggestions on the HR monitor strap, other than can you use the old strap with the new garmin? If it didn't bother you as much, I think they are kind of universal for garmins and the new garmin should be able to detect the old strap.

Tessa, 7.35 in 65 minutes? Dang girl! Will Hatfield McCoy be a new age group for you, because I can see you placing in your current age group. If it's a new one, even better.

Laura, glad the knee is doing so much better.

Judy, if you've lost some fat pads from your hips, you are more than welcome to the ones on my stomach.....just saying. Nice workouts for you.

Okay, back to work. It's been a long week because most of the staff upstairs is at World of Asphalt this week (I'm missing out) and my boss decided he didn't need to go either, so he's been in my hair all week driving me crazy.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel