Womens Running

Snowy Tuesday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

runnergirl9508

Just a dusting overnight, I'm sure it will melt as soon as the sun rises.

RR: first PT client cx, so I'll run before training the next two. Should be able to squeeze in 5 miles this morning. Need to figure out when I have time to lift this week too.

TR: seems like he's trying to say his words more clearly (finally!). He took an awesome 3.5hr nap yesterday and was o happy all afternoon. He tries to swim in the bathtub now.

NRR: planning our trip for this weekend- it's going to be a long drive!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

****ATTENTION NOLA**** I sent you the Secret Santa invite and you haven't responded. I will be doing the draw for names on Sunday!

~~~~~~~~~

RR - 6Kish again..sense a theme here? it's the right distance for me in the off-season.  If I had more pep in my legs, I'd run 8K - 9:10/mile - on 11/12/13. Big grin  No snow on the ground here but it's below 0 and I've finally broken out the tights and half zip fleece.

TR - good: apparently paid attention and participated at music class.  Didn't ask about the ball pump when he got home from daycare so I managed to return it to old RP. bad: nap strike ugly: waving pacer sign around in a tantrumy rage and smacked me in the face with it.

FR - frozen chicken pie, salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 3.5 w. the dog this morning.  a bit of snow on the ground here too.

NRR - didn't visit the new nephew yesterday, so we will be doing that today after a visit to the chiro.

KR -  DD2 was up at 5 this morning.  at least it helped get me out the door for my run.

FR - MIL is having us for dinner.  She is making apple fritters!!

rg - the flight thing didn't work out then?  You are both going?  Who is watching R or are you taking him along - I think you may have mentioned this before, but I forgot....How long is the drive for you?  We are driving to RVA, but we are going to do a few hours on Thursday and then the rest on Friday.  Hope you have a great run today.  Yay for clearer speaking!!

zorbs - haha number run - very smart!  Yay for B paying attention in music class!!  Sounds like a typical child - from sweet and cute to wild in 3 secs!  This morning I decided that I would like to buy some new winter running gear.  I hate being cold!!

qotd:  DH has a cold and I woke up with a sore throat this morning.  What do you do to keep colds away!!  Now is not a good time for this.  I usually do nothing at all and let it run it's course....

Erniegirl

ER - ST

TR - It was snowing like crazy yesterday afternoon so we went outside to play in it, and she loved it - just ran up and down the sidewalk, waving her hands in the air yelling "Wow!" Still can't get her to keep her hat and gloves on, though!

FR - Chicken ratatouille over polenta.

NRR - We were under a snow squall warning overnight, but ended up only getting a couple cms. Still, 'tis the season to have DH put my snow tires on! I was actually hoping for more snow so I could take S out on her sled today.

~~~~~

rg - Swimming in the bathtub is always so funny! Are you doing the whole drive on Friday?

zorbs - I was going to ask if you were too hot in a fleece, but then I looked at our weather and it's -13C with the windchill, so maybe not. Ugh, bad behaviour during a nap strike is the worst. It's like, if you're so grumpy, GO TO BED!

eh - Have a good visit with your nephew! Oh, I hope you are not getting a cold. But at least if you get it now, the worst will be over by the weekend. I always used to drink Neo Citran and slept for like 12 hours at the first sign of a cold and it was an effective cold-fighting method. Unfortunately not so effective once you have kids who don't let you sleep that long. So I guess sleep is really the key ingredient. Oh, you mentioned yesterday you have a lot of kale to use. I sauteed mine yesterday with sesame oil, garlic, baby leeks and a splash of soy sauce. Then I added a splash of white wine and let it simmer a bit. It was really good!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - I'm scheduled to run 8k today, but I'm going to take an USRD and spin.  My left calf is still a bit tight, it's 90% better but I'm playing things really safe during taper.  Hoping to also fit in some core and ST'ing, I also want to do lots of ST'ing for the next 10 days, as I've been slacking on that a bit over the last month.

TR - was really good this weekend, whatever had gotten into her making her be so naughty all the time has passed for the time being.

BR - when we were at MIL's last night, she was being a goof and fake coughing and then I'd cough and then she's laugh her ass off, than she started fake coughing and covering her mouth with her hand, omg, it was hilarious.

FR - leftover turkey.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  TM miles tonight.  Feeling sooooo much better.

TR:  Ugh, I wanted to smack him this morning.  Split his milk all over because he wanted to look in his sippy cup.

NRR:  Can't wait for Richmond!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - did you say the drive is 11 hours? The driving is what I'm not looking forward to this weekend.

eh - are you having apple fritters as your main course? lol take ColdFX and drink a ton of Emergen-C!!!!!!!!!!

ernie - this is the first year that B has kept his mittens on, in the past he hasn't been interested in playing in the snow so I just let him go without. My parents are taking my car to put the snow tires on while we're away. I've never thought of doing kale asian-style.

CA - I would really caution you against doing a lot of ST during taper.  Just like running, ST should be periodized to match the phases of training.  So build strength and ST hardcore in the off season, maintenance as you start your training cycle, some plyo as you peak and rest from EVERYTHING (including ST) during taper.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Planning to go after work, hopefully the weather isn't too crappy. Its rainy wind right now.

TR: Dry 3 days and counting. Doing better with pulling pants up and down. Took him furniture shopping yesterday and it was a constant stream of "Don't touch that! Put it down! Stop jumping off couches!"

FR: Taco soup last night. Not sure about tonight, DH working.

NRR: Garage doors are supposed to be installed at our place today. Looked at furniture and left depressed with how much it will cost to buy stuff that is not total crap.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- R is speaking more clearly and enunciating a little better too. Wowsers on the 3.5 hour nap! Have fun in Chicago.

zorbs- nap strikes are the worst. I live for naptime on the weekend.

eh- Have a nice time with MIL

Ernie- R won't keep his gloves on either. Last year he had these mitten jobbies that velcroed on and he couldn't get them off muahaha.

CA- LOL I remember when R would fake cough for attention

Becky- Sorry you're having a rough day. When the house gets too bad, I try to see if someone will take kiddo for a couple hours and go on an absolute blitz. My other trick is that I have to spend 20-30 minutes a day cleaning otherwise my house dissolves into chaos.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - yay for feeling better!  So jealous of all you richmond girls!!

zorbs - Ok, I won't go hard, but I want to be consistent until 10 days out from the race, and then I'll back off, sound ok?

spike - I hope the weather is good for you tonight, rain and wind is what I'm hoping I don't get on marathon day!!

RG - Nice on the 3.5 hr nap!  M loves to swim in the tub, things are a little crazy these days in the tub since it's always both girls in there.

r-eh - Sleep as much as you can, I don't much believe in all those remedies like coldfx, I will have a shot of scotch though, but it's probably just a good excuse for some scotch Smile

ernie - I have these mitts called Mimitens (it's a canadian company) and they have cuffs that go up to their elbows, and you put them on under the coat, that way they can't get them off, they are awesome.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- at least in my area of WA, Thanksgiving weekend is always super cold, but usually not windy or wet. I think the last couple Thanksgiving runs I did over the years were usually around 10-15* F. Bring layers!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - yeah, I'm not worried about cold, I will bring layers and am fine in any temperature, but would really prefer it to not be pissing rain, which from what I read happens every few years on marathon day in Seattle.  The average temp is just above freezing, so snow is very unlikely.

runnergirl9508

CA- taper down your ST the same way you taper down your running. For example, if you're currently doing 3 sets of exercises, cut it to two this week, do just one set next week, and no ST race week. Also- keep the weight on the lighter end, cut out plyometrics and heavy leg exercises. I do keep some core stuff (planks, supermans, etc. exercises) as part of my routine up until Tuesday before the race.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD- Since I told my dad that I'm not doing family gatherings anymore, should I tell my siblings not to expect me there?  Or should I leave that up to my dad's discretion as the host of the ridiculous gathering? I just don't know how to break it to them that I like most of them individually, but they piss me off when they all get together in one room.  Also, I should probably still buy all my nieces and nephews gifts, yes? The only upside to telling my siblings that I'm not going is that I can tell them not to include R in their gift shopping.   BTW My dad brought up the ridiculousness of the gift giving. I'm sad that he's such a doormat to my stepmom, and that's why DH doesn't respect him. Seriously, she bought all us adult kids $200+ gifts and gave them to us early (so that means more at Xmas) and is planning on buying 5 iPad minis for the older kids (That's like $1500).

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - G threatened to eat the chips I bought you and I threatened him with death if he did.

spike - how much new furniture do you have to buy?  I remember these 4 sisters I taught, who lived in a mansion with tennis courts, a conservatory (read: freakin concert hall), and an indoor pool and they just moved their mismatched shit from their old house and it was the most horrible thing ever.  If I could do things, I'd splurge on the nice stuff, my parents said they'd get nicer stuff if/when they had more money, but furniture was never a priority, so now I have inherited the 25-30 y/o ugly shit they bought.

spike - I dunno about everything else but yes you should buy your nieces/nephews gifts.