WINE o'clock somewhere!

Stay dry and post!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Had some early morning storms today that woke up the dog, and therefor me.  Now my middle dog is fighting with my old man.  Kinda worried.  I think they're going to have to be separated at some point when I am not home.

Being away reminded me how much I dislike my job.  I am MUCH happier mind you, but being back was just that reminder that I don't fit in.  Maybe in a few months when the boss is gone?

Yard is supposed to be worked on today, but who knows with the rain and storms, though it seems quieter now.

Happy Humping!

K

I'm back!!!

Work has just been CRAZY since we've returned from our Natchez Trace ride--which was fabulous!! We had the BEST time. Five of us rode bikes from Nashville to Natchez in 8 days. 444 miles total, riding 50-60 miles a day, avg 17 mph pace. So much to see, and I haven't laughed that much in years.  DH was a great sherpa, drove the SUV+ trailer. He would drop us off in the morning and pick us up at the daily end point mile marker. Stayed at hotel/motels/ b&b along the way. Several times we would meet him along the ride for lunch or hiking.

Ran 3.5 this morning--legs just feel tired, but not sore. I hurt my back last Thursday lifting a duffle bag on top of the car--omg it was tough to ride like that, but I'm glad I stuck it out. Went to the chiro Monday, which really helped. Therapeutic massage this afternoon--can't wait. We are already planning our next ride.

Kat--wow! Portugal sounds cool!  I think we are supposed to get that storm later today.

Check y'all later!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sunny but windy here--need to tie everything down. 5 miles on the treadmill. I use youtube on my phone for music when I run on the treadmill. OMG, the ads! At 7am when I am not quite fully with it, first ad I get is "Welcome to my vagina" (some sort of spermicide).

KatS, I think those storms are headed to us at the end of the week. Hopefully the rain let's up so the yard work can happen.

CrazySue, glad you had a fun trip. Ugh on hurting your back with a bag--seems like that's always the way, can't be a bad ass reason like you had to hop over a snake on your bike or something.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! What a night last night. First, we made an offer on a home we really loved and we were celebrating. Then Citicard contacted me with a bunch of fraudulent charges, canceling the card and sending me a new one. This is the one we use for everything so now I have to change like 10 recurring charges, sigh. Anyway, WE ARE UNDER CONTRACT!

I have 6 with 400s later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy hump day!  RD today, did lower body strength.  Gotta love the taper!    I'm getting a new garage door installed today.  Lots of expenses this month!  I also just joined the Seven Continents Club... part of Marathon Tours.  The World Age Group Championships are in London again next year and TF is planning on going again... wants me to try to run London also.  He thinks that is my best shot at securing a spot, getting on the waiting list with the Seven Continents Club.  I guess we'll see!  TF's coach thinks he can run a 2:53 at London next year, which would put him in the top 3 worldwide for his age group.  He was not too happy about aging into a new age group next year, I guess that makes him happier.  

Kat, hope the dogs can get along.  It's always hard returning to work.  Hopefully things will be better when the boss is gone.

Sue, welcome back!  Awesome bike trip!  Sounds like a really fun time and good that DH could particpate.

Kupcakes, lol, interesting ad.

Damaris, congrats on the new home!  Enjoy the workout and the celebration!

CC, hope you are feeling back to normal today.

Margaret, must have been pretty windy to cancel the Ironman!  I've heard of the swim getting cancelled.  Morning runs always work the best for me!  

Cathy

LC Runs

Hello everyone!!

Had a really nice 4 day getaway this weekend, I got some good running in (7 miles Sat, 6 miles Sun and 4 miles Monday).  I managed 3 yesterday but gah this dark weather is making me nuts.  I took an RD today.  I was planning on checking in yesterday but working after a long weekend  was insane and then I took off for DS Regional Semi Final soccer game which they won (first time ever has the soccer team made it this far).  Finals is Saturday, if they win that, next week state semi final and then final game Sat 11/6.

Kat - welcome home and glad you had a great vacation!  I am with you on the job, ughghgh.. sorry about the doggie problems, we have a couple of Queen bee females  here (dog and cat) that vie to be the boss.  The boys are like, 'whatever'! 

Sue - awesome you had a fun biking trip!  Ouch on the back pain, hope it feels better soon!

Kathi - nice TM run but oh, boy on the ads...I think that ad runs on Hulu, too (the girl from Schitt's Creek), so cringey!

Damaris - exciting about the house, were you actively looking (I may have missed it).  I hear you on the card, same thing with me...someone tried to use my debit card online for over $300 in Halloween costumes so now I have to wait for a new card..my cell phone bill was declined because of the auto pay ughgh - people suck!

Cathy - that is cool about TF being that highly ranked and you with the Seven Continents Club - you two speedies!!  Hope all goes smoothly with the garage door!

Another gloomy day here - we had one sunny day yesterday but other than that, it's been cloudy, rainy, blah.  I would really prefer a nap to finishing my work day!

ccoakley

Kats, the return to reality after vacation is rough.  Hope things improve at your job soon.

Sue, awesome that you had such a great intervals.

HCK, good call on the TM today, super windy here too!

Damaris, wow congrats on the house!!! How far is it from your current house?  Is it a better house or a better location? Enjoy your interavals.

Cathy, I have no idea what the seven continents club is but it sounds very impressive, enjoy.  Will you have to run a qualifying time?  Is London as hard as Boston to get into?

LC runs, awesome on the 4 day weekend and getting so many runs in!  Sorry about all the gloomy weather, hopefully the sun can find you soon.

I am feeling much better today, just the regular worn down and tired not medically induced fatigue 

My garmin workout today was 8 x 800m which I thought was a little aggressive as it hasn't given me anything close to that in weeks.  I wasn't really feeling it but figured I'd try.  Eh...my hamstring and my heart disagreed.  I think I'm ready to take a break from speed work and just focus on low HR running for a couple months and build up a good mileage base.  Maybe 2022 can be speedier.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Seloc

Hola, kids.  On a verrrrrry boring and verrrrry long Zoom so thought I would try to check in.  Meetings meetings meetings - most until 6pm daily.  Kinda gross.  Rain on it's way here, too.  It was really nice to be off work Wed-Fri last week.  Got a lot done around the house.  Still leaves to rake but been trying to keep up.  As far as exercise, just the usual.  Run Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun, strength Mon/Wed and Peloton on Fri.  Will most likely swap tmrw with Fri this week due to said rain.  Will decide in the morning.  Nothing else to report!

Kat - LOVED reading along on your travels!  And, how awesome you are off again soon!  Sorry for the work woes. I get it.  Again, I can SO get into not working.  Just a few more years, I hope...

Cathy - very cool about London.  Though that sounds like one expensive marathon!  But, hey, YOLO.  Do you think you will take advantage and do any of the other continents?  Also cool that must mean you and TF will be together for another year?!!  Woot!

CC - nice on the booster!  Glad you are feeling better.  I am not eligible, yet.  And, honestly, doubt I will rush out and get it with the urgency I did the first.  Garmin did that to me, too, with the 8 x 800s.  I thought you killed it!  Be careful with that hamstring!

Karen - you have me thinking about hitting up Austin the last week of Feb.  IDK.  I found a trail 10K/20K/30K that weekend.  Planning to chat about it with my hair dresser in a couple weeks as I know her and her husband were just there.  Flights are cheap though the cheapest are LATE, go figure.  I'd stay DT but hope to meet up with you maybe.  Any ETA on move in?  You must be getting dizzy by now with all your RV park loops 

Margaret - glad you had such a great trip to Ireland!  What an amazing experience to share with your dad.

Okay, that's all I've got time for right now.  Gotta pay attention...

Docket_Rocket

CC, it's like 2 miles away (maybe 3), better trails and higher end area.

Laura, ugh! Hope you get it soon.

Exhausting day. Only had time for 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, what a phenomenal accomplishment!  I just cannot imagine.  Sorry about your back,

Kathi, hope nothing blows away!  Funny on the ad.  There is a song from a local Portland artist I always chuckled at.  My vagina Is eight miles wide.  Absolutely everyone can come inside...

Damaris, woot, woot, and WOOT on the house!  Congrats.

Cathy, I think the only hope of getting into London is something like Marathon Tours.  Hideously low US acceptance rate.  I apply most years to the lottery.

Laura, nice you had a good getaway.  OMG, I was soo with you on preferring a nap to work.  Well, that is any day, but more so today.

CC, glad you're feeling better!  I'd love to be speedier.  Hell, for me that would be a slow waddle!

Sandy, HOLA back atcha.  Bummer about all the meetings.  I'd crack.  I'm counting down the time to retiring as well.  I hope sooner than later.  I don't think I have it in me for another 10.  It's a daily struggle.

Nothing has changed or is horrid with work, I just feel so out of place.  So, improved from before, but just not into it.  We should find out in a few weeks if the fill in doctor is going to come on to be medical director.  I'd bet against it.  Talking to a tech who worked with him for many years, INTENSE was the word she used to describe him.  He would be a radical change from the current guy.

Yard is half done and looks phenomenal.  YAY!  They couldn't come in the morning so he is coming back tomorrow.

Cheers all.

K

Anonymous Guest

Still living in a van down here. It is getting old. The reservation at the place we’re at ends Friday and they are fully booked this weekend, so we are going camping. Then we are coming back here Sunday through Wednesday, at which point they are fully booked again. It is hard to find a place to stay on weekends, finally found a state park a little over two hours away for this weekend. Not sure what we are going to do after Wednesday next week. I’ve talked to the manager here a good bit and she’s going to let us know if there are cancellations but that is pretty doubtful. We are not going to make the latest contract date, which is this Friday.

However, they are making progress. We have appliances now. Main big things are garage doors and yard/landscaping. The doors are in, but apparently they don’t have springs for the big one. Contractor is going to have them put the door in now and then just install the springs when they come in. So we won’t be able to use that part of the garage right away, but will be able to get a final permit and close. Right now planning on a walkthrough next Wednesday and close next Friday. This last month has totally stresses me out and not knowing where we are going to be is making it worse.

I did yesterday’s run (8 miles with some hill sprints and strides) at a park with a one mile walking path. So much better than my 0.35 mile loop here! Tomorrow I’m supposed to run 9 - will it be 26 loops or can I get away and run somewhere else? We shall see.

Sandy, Austin is a fun town, or so they say. You should definitely head this way. I’m only an hour from downtown so we could totally meet up.

Cathy, London Marathon would be so cool. I’ve heard how hard it is for US people to get in, so if you’ve found a way, do it!

Damaris, exciting on the house. I am quite often wishing we’d bought an existing house right now.

cc, glad you got the booster! I got a text from the hospital system my doctor is affiliated with telling me I’m eligible for a third Pfizer, but thought I’d wait and schedule when I have to go in for my mammogram. Which I’ve been putting off with all the house uncertainty.

Susan, your bike trip looked amazing. Quite an accomplishment, so congrats.

Elina, glad you got your COVID lockdown sanity trip booked. When you made the population comparison with cases the other day, I was surprised- you guys are getting a surge! Hopefully your vaxx rates are better so your hospitalization and deaths will be less.

Kathryn, how exciting to have another trip! I was living vicariously through your fb pictures. I think I now live close enough we get pretty close to the same weather - we had storms around 3-4 am, then rain for a few hours. Been windy all day and tomorrow is supposed to be even windier.

Hi to all, I know I’ve missed a bunch of stuff. Blaming stress and anxiety and having to type on either my phone or iPad.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

I would share the link to the zillow listing but it has my new address. PM me here or in FB and I'll share!

Damaris

Fundraising Page