Womens Running

Flip-Flop Fridalies!!! (Read 15 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Also today...

NATIONAL FLAG DAY, INTERNATIONAL BATH DAY, NATIONAL BOURBON DAY, ARMY BIRTHDAY, WEAR BLUE DAY, NATIONAL STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DAY, NATIONAL POP GOES THE WEASEL DAY, NATIONAL NEW MEXICO DAY.

I know I said I wanted to start getting up a bit earlier, but this is ridiculous!!!

Post 'em Peeps...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, yes, I am traipsing through the woods with Lisa this weekend.  Super short trip, I return Sun night. Too funny about HCF and his booty.    Bras, I have the same problem with those DAMN pads coming out in the wash.  Sew those puppies in why don't they.

Tessa, I have a hankering to get back to London.   Haven't been in 20 years.  Just too long.  I lived there for nearly 2 yrs right out of undergrad.  Lovely city.  One of my favs.

HCK, my fav bras are the Nike plain ones that they don't make anymore.  They do squish quite a bit, but I have gotten too chubby to get in/out of them.  I have threatened them with scissors on occasion.  I think my new one was a Reebok.  Comfy but meh on support.

Karen, I looked at Colorado Crossing last year but passed for some reason.  The river was dry as I recall.

DAMN, this is way too early.  3:30am at the airport is a breeze though.  I have so much crapola in my suitcase I was near the limit.  Luckily just under.  I will be lighter coming back.  Some skirts for Lisa and some beer for us both.  Oregon yummy beer.  Stouts and a porter.  (Hope they survive the trip.)  She is bringing some Michigan beer.  I have a layover in St. Louis.  Then we leave from the airport.  It's a 3 hour drive.  Gonna be a wet one.  Sad.  Starting dry, then by 2pm 80% chance of rain.  

Sitting here at the gate. Getting anxious to get going.  I don't mind the actual flying (I just get bored), rather the stresses around it.  And I miss my pups.

Have a fab one all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is early even for me and I'm in the office, lol.

I have 7 miles tonight.  I am in the office today after two weeks of court and out (but not in flip flops). I don't recognize these people...

Kat, have fun!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

15.1 for me!

OMG...FALL TEASER out there! So gorgeous! 56 degrees and no humidity...man. Makes me want Fall to come right now! Smile Great run but had several stomach issues. If I had to stop one more time, I was just going to call it quits. Not sure what was going on. I wanted to take FULL advantage of this WEATHER! Next week is looking AWFUL. Tropical temperatures...yuck. I think next week is going to be my.."cut week". Or I may just not do a long run.

HCF is on his way out to land to walk it with one of the builders. This will determine our decision. I have a meeting at 11 that I can't be late for so he went by himself.

Oh, my car is getting a new windshield today. YAY, I will be able to see again! Smile I called yesterday and they do night drop off..so went ahead and did that. MUCH better than waiting! Smile

Tessa – Wow, work travel out of the country? OOO. Did you stay and extra days?? London is on my bucket list.

Run4kupcakes – Nice run and YESSSS this week has been lasting forever! Oh, I ma going to have to try that sports bra. I ended up getting these and they are SUPER comfortable. We will see if they wash well.

Kathryn – Aw, that is a short trip this weekend! Bummer! Have a safe flight and a great time with Lisa! Tell her we said hi!! 😊 Good luck!!

Happy FRIDAY!!! SOOOO ready for the weekend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

I have been on the struggle bus this week with my running but did 5.2 this morning and then a HIIT workout at home.  Makes a ton of difference when I have time in the morning.

I am way behind in the thread but will post personals later today!

Yeah, yeah it's Friday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

These are the house cats.  There are 6 more in the barn.

This is the Reverend Percival or Percy.

Percy

This is Emma, DH found her and she's never gotten very big.

Emma

This is Tiny...she was MIL's

Tiny

This is Whitney..she has light green eyes, pink ears and nose.  She was also MIL's

Whitney

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DHuff, Ahhhh! Great to see the cats! Do all the animals get along pretty well? 

I will be offline for a week but will check in at the end of said week. I will not have died,   only slightly disappeared. 

45 minutes running on the TM and 45 minutes biking done.

Have a great week, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes everyone gets along well.  Barn cats are pretty laid back too.  The Aussie, Nick likes to herd them but he doesn't hurt them and they seem ok with it.  The horses not so much.

Here's me and my mare Codee.

Our first Dressage Show

Dressage

One of our endurance races-shortly after this it started hailing.

Endurance

Anonymous Guest

Summer is back. 5 slow, sticky miles for me. I got a late start and completely forgot about body pump. By the time I got home, it was too late to get there in time. I think they have a Sunday afternoon class I can try to hit. I know they have one tomorrow morning, but I'm running then have a meeting with all my coaches.  Other than that this weekend, we're just getting the van ready and partly packed for our vacation. DH works Monday and a half day Tuesday, then Tuesday afternoon we take the dogs in and pack the rest (food, drinks, clothes) so we can leave early Wednesday. We are spending the first night in Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo, then a night at a state park in the mountains in northern NM, then three days in Durango. After that we've got most of a week - trying to decide whether to spend more time in Colorado, or check out Gila National Forest in NM. Then home for a week and a half before we head out to Oregon for a few days of house hunting. And then it's time for my group to start up officially. Man, time flies.

Kathryn, have a fun weekend with Lisa!

Liz, yep, regular summer is coming back. I am so glad we're going on vacation next week as it looks absolutely miserable here. Nice long run. I'm not sure what kind of mileage I'll be able to run while we're gone, but I plan on at least getting a lot of hiking in and will call that time on my feet. ooh, those Reebok bras look a lot like the old C9 ones from Target, I may have to check that one out as well.

Laura, great job getting OFF the struggle bus and getting in both a run and a HIIT workout. Not going to lie, it is a lot easier when you don't have to go to that pesky job all the time.

Damaris, have a great run tonight and hope your time in the office is short.

Diane, wow, you really do have an entire zoo at your place! I can see why travel is difficult.

Judy, great workouts as usual for you. We will probably also be off the grid for a good portion of our trip. Possibly without phone service at times.

I have to finish up and then print out some stuff for my meeting tomorrow, run to Kohl's and possibly Lowe's or Home Depot, clean, not sure what else today. So I better get moving.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen Gila National Forest is awesome...spent a week camping there.  The Anasazi cliff ruins are so interesting.  One of the guys with us caught a rainbow trout that we cooked over the campfire.  DD caught a huge frog in one of the streams.  Taos is quite interesting too...lots of artists and shops.  We lived in El Paso for 3 years and would go up into NM often, Angel Fire, Roswell, Ruidosa.  I like NM a lot.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Just a2 mile walk to work for me today. Tonight a couple friends and I are going to try out bungee yoga. I'm not a yoga fan so it should be interesting.

Have fun at mohican, kat. A couple of my friends will be racing it too. They're quite fast so should do well.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Ugh, I feel like I have been on the struggle bus, too. Enjoy the day!

Diane – Awww. I like your bathroom flooring! 😉

Diane – Enjoy vacation, Judy!

Karen – I am NOT looking forward to Summer’s return. I am so ready for Fall 😊 Man, super jealous of your vacation. That is going to be a ton of fun. The only thing about the Reebok bras is that they DO have the padding. I haven’t washed them yet so I can’t say if the pad stays in or

not - 😊.

Lori - Bungee yoga?!

Ready for the weekend! I am thinking burgers for dinner. I still have to go get my car and I need to run my the jewelry store to pick up my engagement ring. It somehow got too big!

Work always gets busy in the afternoons!

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

I was looking at my calendar and realizing just how much I'm going to be gone the next month, quite possibly out of internet range, so I decided to schedule some enewsletters and facebook posts promoting registration this afternoon. That took forever and I'm only about half done. Once I"m done though it will be nice. And I won't have to worry about forgetting things and going days or weeks with nothing sent or posted. In fact I almost now have a marketing plan - go figure.

I also finished up an agenda for tomorrow's meeting and started a list of what to take for our trip. I am beat even though I've mostly been sitting on my butt all day! Oh, I also tried my hand at the rock painting. I am so not artistic! I may be looking for artistic volunteers tomorrow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DHuff, did you ever hear the Taos hum? There is supposed to be a mysterious hum there that only some people hear.

Herding cats! I love it. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

The day started out nice, but it's been cloudy, windy and rainy most of the afternoon, looks like kind of a cruddy weather weekend, Oh well, at least it's not snow LOL

Kat - have fun this weekend with LIsa!!

Damaris - have a good 7!  Did I miss any news about the job?

Lizzie - so exciting about the possible house!! I had to replace my windshield last year, they actually came to my work, took the car and dropped it back to me a couple of hours later, it was really nice and only $50!

Diane - ahhhhh on the kitties!  Your dogs are super cute, too.  Animals are so much nicer to live with than people much of the time LOL

Judy - enjoy your week!!

Karen - your travels sound so fun!!

Lori  - bungee yoga sounds interesting!  Report back!

Not sure what is going on this weekend, I will probably go to a graduation open house tomorrow afternoon and maybe take my son driving again, I am trying to take him at least 3 x per week for an hour or so.  We haven't tackled the expressway yet, that's a few weeks away, I think!  He is doing pretty well though (we have been doing mostly 55 mph roads).  My DD is heading to her new apartment on Sunday, she took a load of stuff yesterday and the furniture is going Sunday with her grandparent's help (they own a furniture store).  I'll probably make a visit next Friday to take the leftover stuff and meet for lunch.