Womens Running

Now It's Really Friday dailies (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Best of luck to all who work out and race! 

Thursday was a good 40 minute run. Some blue jays have just moved into an area out the trail. They have been following me on the trail for several days. They must have a nest out there that they are defending. They are a very colorful addition to the bird population out there.

Today I am off to classes. I always look forward to meditation and yoga.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 with strides on the TM, since I made the mistake of going outside last night and I regret it, lol.

Judy, enjoy the classes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good luck racers!!!

I skipped the swim this morning. Shoulder is kinda achey and tomorrow is battle training.....

DH reminded me this morning that we are OFF on MONDAY!!!  I love Columbus Day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue, we're off too!  How's Jake?

Judy, enjoy classes.

Bertha, I walk and do 50ks and will be doing my first 50 miler.  There is no shame in walking or being slow.  Tell him to look up Yolana Holder.

Good luck Karen and Lizzie.  Sandy enjoy your guests!

I got in 3 at the gym yesterday and then 5 on the TM at home.  I'm at 21 for the week and hopefully can get in 20 Sat/10 Sun and finally have a 50 mile week.  DH left today to go visit his dad in IL then over to IN to visit his sister then to AR to visit his mom.  Don't envy all the driving.  It'll be just me and the boys.

Have a good day everyone.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day for me today, another rainy day here.  Going out to dinner tonight for my in-laws birthdays, they were born on consecutive days.    Going to an apple farm with some friends tomorrow, then volunteering for the marathon on Sunday.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I am jealous of those that have a long weekend.  Good luck to Damaris, Lizzie, Karen, and anyone else racing!!

Lizzie, if you happen to check on here (or Sandy or Karen), my fast co-worker said he would make the decision to run the marathon Saturday morning!  The chance of rain here is now down to about 7%, until about 2:00.  He would be done way before 2:00.    Have an awesome race!  I always get nervous before races.  I haven't done a lot of 10K's, and my 10K PR is probably achievable.  Too much pressure.  

Lori, it sounds like your friend did mean that as a compliment.  You can only go as fast as you can go, and it sounds like you are training smart.  Staying healthy and enjoying yourself are the important things!  

Karen, it totally freaked me out when I saw my friend's dog eating sticks for the first time!  I had no idea dogs did that.  Enjoy your run on Sunday!  

Kat, nice 4!  It's good that you will be busy.

Diane, wow, 50 mile week?  Awesome!  Good luck!

Cathy

Bikerchick1

Judy - Seems like old times when I saw you started the thread!  Nice trail run, and enjoy the classes.

Damarias - Hope you knife injury is healing ok!  When do you leave for Chicago?

Sue - I saw the pictures of The Batltle!  Looks like “fun”!

Diane - Nice miles!  Enjoy your alone time 

Cathy - Enjoy your rest day!  It is cold and rainey here, must be what you have had.

Lori - I had to go back and read what comment was said.  Agree, I am sure he meant as a compliment, but I get what you are saying.   I am a firm believer in timed walk breaks for training, and races.  I always just shorten them up to 30 secs during a race.  My RB that always falls apart,  tries to say things that she doesn’t take walk breaks when she is alone....or she just runs till she can’t anymore then takes a quick break, but always runs out of steam......   Can’t wait to see what epic thing you are going to do???  Maybe something at Glass City...

10 in the forest for me this morning.  45 degrees with beautiful sunrise and changing leaves....was great!

Safe travels to those traveling to races!

Craol

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Quiet here today. Everyone must be traveling for their races.

Epicness could include glass city. I'm strongly leaning towards strolling jim the following week so maybe I will back to back race. I want to do 100 mile race somewhere as my epic so I can use those as training runs. However I'm still undecided on glass city. I did it last year and liked it. I barely made the cutoff though. Lol. So I missed the beer because I had to rush back to checkout of the hotel in time.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey there.

Good luck Karen, Lizzie, and Damaris.  Anyone else racing???

Annoyed/disappointed, was going to go for a longer walk.  Got outside and my battery to my watch was dead, AGAIN.  So I went out without my watch for a few short out and backs that I know the distance of.  I got to 12 and then went back to the house.  Plan was to grab the watch, drink, potty, and go back out.  Didn't happen.  12 is decent.  My foot is bothering me.  Does anyone know why the inside of my foot, where a bunion would be, radiating back into the arch would be caused by?  Not on the bottom, just side.  Might just be how my feet get tired I suppose.  Guess I should get a new pair of insoles and switch out to my other new road shoes.

Judy, enjoy your classes.

Sue, enjoy the extra day off!!

Diane, good luck with your miles this weekend.  I will be thinking of you as I work.  Blech.

Cathy, dogs love to eat stupid things.  Sticks, rocks, golf balls (client showed me his dogs X-ray yesterday), bones, socks/undies, you name it...

Carol, 45* in the forrest, how nice.

Lori, I would take it as a compliment too.

Have a good one all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Stark LOVES to eat sticks!!  He will collect a pile in a spot in the back yard and munch away.  Goofy dog.

Jake was happy to see us when we came home for lunch, wanted more dog chow (he didn't eat much this morning, so yay he ate!) and wanted his treats. He looked like he was feeling pretty good. We are on "wait and see" mode, apparently.  Again.

Have a great weekend!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Booked my room for Pumpkin Holler...Got a room with 2 beds since that's what the dude kept wanting me to pick...lol...so anyone interested in PH50K...has a 100k, and a 100.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 2 at HM-ish pace. Finally felt fall-like.

My dog ate all sorts of non-food things. Leather belt, tampons, adult toy, underwear and the entire front section of a leather chair & foot stool.

CrazySue, glad Jake is feeling better.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Gus ate my glasses. Amongst other things

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

dhuffman63

Trails

I had a Dalmation once who would eat my DDs baby socks....we'd find them in the yard a couple days later....and then throw them away.