Frigid Friday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Friggggggggggggggid for sure.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Feeling better each day. Bandage removed from staples. Walking as much as I can. Car safely tucked into newly leased garage space.

I can’t wait to run again. Here’s hoping my doc will release me when the staples come out on Monday.

Does it hurt much to get these things clipped out?    At the ER I was given a staple remover to take to the doctor.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Staples shouldn't hurt to take out...mind you, I have never actually had them taken out, but have taken many out ...so let me say, if I was taking them out it would hurt...   Hope you are released to run too!

Ginny - GD's are adorable!!!  Thanks for posting!

Sorry, MIA for a few days...have been crazy busy!  I have a 10k Run Like the Dickens tomorrow....but the weather forecast is "frightful".....it is about 50 miles away, and the weather is predicted worse there...not sure that I will brave the roads to travel there.  My RB's are running 10 around here, so will do that if the weather is too bad to drive.

So Judy--if you have a staple remover, you can take them out yourself?? Wink

No swim for me today.  I always blow off swim day.  Hope my new coach doesn't give me a public tongue lashing...  I told her that is the workout I am most likely to skip.  She said it was not important to swim for another month or two.  Sprint tri is not till the end of April.  I have plenty of time....

Office Christmas party tonight.  Riding over with one of the guys from the main office.  He is single, divorced, lives in my neighborhood and smiles alot. .......  I go everywhere alone, so it is a weird feeling to ride together.  It is a tacky Christmas sweater party.  I didn't feel like hunting for a sweater at the mall, so I may just wear one of my running t-shirts from a Christmas race.  Is that close enough?

DS2 came home yesterday.  He hung out with me and my DIL's younger sister.  I'm teaching her to knit.  He picked up some beer for them to drink.  She really has enough trouble knitting when she is sober.  IDK if the beer was a good idea Wink  But it was a nice evening to talk and knit.  OMG....he was in confession mode and told me some things he did when he was a kid that I never knew about until last night

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Yesterday was crazy busy trying to get things done since I'm on vacation today. Heading to the airport in a bit. Hoover Dam Marathon tomorrow, although I'm feeling a little stiff and sore and tired so I'll probably take it easy and just enjoy the scenery.

Judy, I like hearing that you have a garage space for your car - no more early morning ice scraping!

Carol, races are fun, but not worth it if roads to get there make it dangerous or stressful. Watch the forecast, be smart and enjoy whatever you do tomorrow.

Susan, everything you've posted so far about your new coach sounds great. I might be a little jealous!

Tessa, from the other day, I'm so glad you got hospice to continue for awhile. I don't know anything about dealing with your situation and I'm on the other side of the country, so I can't offer much except sympathy and virtual hugs. I wish there was more I could do.

Edited to add this picture DH took of his car - I freaked out a little when I saw it. I am so glad he walked away from this unharmed. He' leaning towards a Honda Fit for his next car.

scion

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wow Karen. That is really awful damage.

Continued healing, Judy

Sue race shirt close enough.

I was was up late with work. Training this am and now airport home.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Judy - I just re-read my post from earlier...OMG...I meant to say if I took them out I WOULDN'T hurt you....I am not Nurse Cratchett....

Crazysue - Too funny about the beer-drinking and the confessions from DS.   My DD's did that at my 50th BD party...yikes. Enjoy the party....I think Christmas run shirt is just fine Smile

Karen - Woohoo on the Hoover Dam marathon....ought to be beautiful!

Marjorie - Safe travels!

My running streak ended this week - nothing I could really do about it....I had 2 really long days at work, and after work evening commitments....I could have missed sleep to do it, but knew that wasn't worth it, as I can't be sleep deprived at work....so for everyone's safety and sanity...that was my decision.   I am going to keep it going tho...minus 2 days!

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, wow. DH is very lucky to have walked away from that. DD has a Honda Fit and loves it, I also like the Mazda 3.

I wish I was going to be at the Hoover Dam run tomorrow, but just can't stay away that long.

Susan, I think a race Tshirt is just fine. If we were closer geographically I would offer one of my mother's sweatshirts. She could open an ugly sweater store. (We will not mention how many of her generous gifts to me have been contributed to charity by dint of not being picked up from bag check after a race. Deliberately not picked up.)

So your DIL's sister could be had up for KUI (Knitting While Intoxicated)?

Carol, I hope you wouldn't hurt Judy!

Judy, newly leased garage sounds like a very good idea.

Hi Marjorie, Laura, Cindy, Damaris, Camille, and anyone I have missed...sorry.

4.3 this morning. I was going to go to the gym at lunch, but got caught up in a work thing insteady. I may run this evening, I love runs looking at all the holiday lights.