Womens Running

SNOW Fridays! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill. Now waiting. What was supposed to be no snow has now become 2-5 inches. I can't even imagine what the grocery stores look like, the forecast didn't really change until noon or so. Didn't get a chance to stop on the way home for shoes, I did pull the one spare pair out and will designate them treadmill only.

Lizzie, brr to the house te,p. How does Ruger do with the temp? We keep our house fairly cool (basically 64 when sleeping or during the work day, 68 when we are both home). When we had our dog, she was always cold and made a mess of every bedroom trying to get under blankets.

AnonymousGuest, wow on the snow. I'm guessing that created a mess. Course side alligators? Nope.

CrazySue, no snow is good.

DHuffman, good luck tomorrow! Your office sounds even colder than mine. I do have a heater and a fleece I pretty much always wear.

Seloc, that cold just sounds awful. Although does it then make a 30 degree day seem warm? We had a very brief, like 2 day period, 3 years ago where the high temp never got out of the single digits. That's super rare in MD. Driving home from work when it had "warmed up" to 32, I saw a guy out running shirtless. I try to teach people, but the "I don't get it" and other excuses sometimes jut get to where it is quicker to do it.

Docket, I would guess Bugsy is making sure he can get food, so if it's out, he eats it.

KatS, I would guess if the younger co-workers are from the area, maybe it's the first time they've seen snow?

JudyRuns, your first snow run sounds fun.

Turtles, I tried rigging up a mock TRX to do rows. I have a pull up bar, but at best I can hang on it.

Arimathea, hope they continue to get the fires under control. The pictures I saw look really scary.

Az2MnTrail, even though we get snow in MD, things shut down. If they even mention snow for a weekend, ,the schools cancel all activities.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, but he hadn't eaten any dry food because his mouth lesions give him too much pain. So, seeing him eat dry food is a very good sign.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HuronHeart

Back to my usual routine, Core & Stability class yesterday and 3.5 miles on TM this morning. I added some faster intervals this morning to make it more interesting.

Way to go Lizzie! Getting up at 3 am to run 15 miles and call it good!   Glad you were able to get into your hair appointment. I would probably doze off after getting up so early, Some nice genes in your family if Grandpa is 93. You have more snow forecast than in my area of MI.

Snow in Texas!  Pretty isn’t it!  The lights on your house (it is your house?) look fantastic.

DHuffman, your office sounds cold enough to snow! My office is the opposite, always on the warm side which works for me. I prefer to be on the warm side.  What are you wearing this weekend?

Seloc, I am with you on the older I get the more I dislike the cold.  Nor quite ready to be a Florida snowbird though.  TRX/bells is using TRX bands and weights??  We use TRX bands in our Core Stability class.

Kats, lol at your “nicer and purer” RB. Maybe you will liven her up!

Judy, running in a light snowfall is beautiful.  Nice meetup with a RB.  It’s nice to share a run.

RTurtles, working together on a pull-ups would be a fun challenge.  I can’t do pull-up but sure wish i could.  Are there any tips or tricks or does it just take strength.  Ever watch American Ninja? Their upper body strength is amazing.

HC, nice TM run. I designate one pair of shoes TM shoes to keep from tracking mud. The first snowfall of the year is always crazy exciting with people relearning how to drive and stocking up at the grocery store.  Our first snow is predicted for tomorrow!

Tessa, sorry work is crazy.  The news coverage on the fires is so sad.

HuronHeart-Kathy

Yikes, this thread is up to 3 pages now!  Not even going to try do shout outs.  Except to our weekend racers!  Go Diane, Karen, Damaris, and CrazySue!

Have read everything but will do my usual and fly by with a wave.  Busy week at work, with court of appeals oral arguments yesterday.  Busy weekend of volunteering coming up.  Helping at a trail race tomorrow (not completely altruistic, I'll get race credit for it).  Spending the day on Sunday distributing donated goods to fire victims in Santa Rosa.  An effort organize by a local friend.  Was packing up boxes and loading up a truck this afternoon... cross training, right?  Plus a couple short joggity jobs yesterday and today.

Tessa, I saw the smoke rising from the hills as I flew in and our of Burbank this week.  Looked bad, and that probably didn't even include the Thomas fire.  Sending good wishes and prayers to everyone affected.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR