Womens Running

TIRED THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 18 times)

taylorma1

Sassy/outwest-yeah I know; it's unreal. I can't believe that violence is over very petty things. And that gangs form in the snap of a finger, mainly due to retaliation. I do feel like that neighborhood has given up a bit, which is sad. I don't even know what parents, teachers, or even the police can do now. So sad. But I love the teachers, principal, and social workers from that school talking about how they are trying to reach out to their students.

athenaofamerica

Hi DIVAs!

RR - 4 miles tonight and "intro session" with a trainer at the gym. DF had hers yesterday, and now that I know how much it costs I won't be signing up, but it'll be entertaining to see what he challenges me with. DF said he told her he sees me as the kind of person who likes a challenge. Ummm, yeah? LOL! Last night I took my first "Bikaraoke" class. It's a spin class with karaoke, no lie. It was AWESOME. It didn't even feel like work! Haha!

DR - The ribs are feeling better, thanks to a brace and taping. Going to try to get back into the fray with scrimmaging on Sunday.

NRR - Getting a new mattress delivered tonight! Woot Tempur-Pedic! We are super excited. The mattress we'd been sleeping on is from 2004!

Have lots to do today and I'm at a new desk... keeping the 'net use on the DL for now. Have an awesome day!!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

outwestrunner

Taylor/Sassy - I think working in that school would take quite a toll on one's health. My mom teaches at an alternative high school, and while it isn't nearly as bad as the school in the podcast, she has been threatened by a student (he got arrested, she went to court, etc. etc.)..  and if you feel like no one else cares.  The violence... I don't get it. Everyone obviously feels it when someone gets shot and killed, yet they don't think twice about inflicting that same sort of pain on others. There is a serious disconnect going on.. and with rampant poverty. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening anywhere at all.

MA runner girl

So my midwife group appt got cancelled tonight because of the snow so I got an appt for 10am this morning. My midwife couldn't feel his head down so she ordered an ultrasound. They got me right in and unfortunately baby has turned transverse! Must have been all the crazy movements I was feeling earlier this week. He has been head down for MONTHS! I'm so disappointed Sad I have a version scheduled for Monday, but I'm hoping he turns back on his own before that... If he doesn't turn on Monday they will schedule me for a csection the following week. Sad

Any positive"turn baby turn" vibes you can send baby's way would be great!

PRs: 5k - 22:29, half marathon - 1:47:39

LucyBelle

Oh NO MArunner that sucks!!!!! I will send turn baby turn vibes for sure! And I will yell into your belly tomorrow and tell him to turn, too.

outwestrunner

MA - When are you due? ( as in how much time do you have before your due date - I thought you had a couple more weeks?)   Sorry to hear this!! Oh man, that sucks!

MA runner girl

Lucy - ha thanks, he better listen to you!

Outwest - I'm due in 17 days! They do the version at any point after 37 weeks and I'll be 38 weeks 1 day on Monday.

outwestrunner

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "version" in this instance?   I know nothing about being pregnant, but I do know a lot can happen in 17 days.. hang in there!

MA runner girl

Haha no worries, I'm pregnant and had no idea what it was! It's a procedure where the ob an an assistant try to physically turn the baby by pushing on my belly.

outwestrunner

Ah, okay. I would have called it something else.   Well at least he's just sideways and not completely flipped upside down.

monk717

Hey divas!

ER: I walked on the TM for 25 minutes yesterday! It was hard, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I had a side stitch the whole time though and my back hurt toward the end. I know I just need to ease back into the cardio routine. My legs are feeling quite heavy today though! Was hoping to go to the gym again today since I don't know if I"ll be able to go at all this weekend, but its not going to work out.

NER: Had a chiro appointment this morning with plenty more cracking in my upper back and neck. Luckily thats helped my headaches and I haven't taken anything for them other than caffiene in the last few days. Had a nurse visit at my clinic for a BP check and my BP has gone down, though its still high for me. They said since my swelling is going down and the headaches are going away that we don't need any more follow up before my six-week post partum check.

DH and I are getting pretty stressed out with the conflict of dealing with A... he pulled the "raising her by myself card" this morning. Ugggh. I'm basically chained to P and he's mad about that? I went out by myself for my appointments and he acts like it was some kind of freaking vacation. I don't know how we'll resolve this. I wish he had a job so I could get rid of him for a few hours a day!

monk717

Hey MA, I responded on FB but wanted to send my good luck vibes here. My friend who had her baby about two months before me had a c-section in part because he was breech. She said her doctor didn't do a version because a lot of the time in first time moms the baby will turn back. I don't want to scare you, just wanted to let you know but hoping it works for you!!

RunLikeTheWind23

Ugh, I REALLY need some caffiene!!! I'm fading here, ladies! Smile Just another 90 minutes to get through and then I can go home!

RunLikeTheWind23

MA: maybe we can sing to him tomorrow night and he'll turn! We'll have to try it!