Womens Running

711 WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Sat in the office till 19:30 to find out team practice is cancelled. Yay. No run for me, I could had managed 10k (before soccer) had I gone out as soon as I got home, but screw it. Rest day. Instead, I will do a double on Sunday (10k, then team practice); a day after a tempo workout. If I die, well, whatever Big grin Way too angry about the whole sequence of events today; I had shifted Karen's plan around slightly (but it took planning, even if slight) to fit everything in, and now this. Sorry for my grumpiness.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Only because I sent out all those emails asking for sponsorships and gave them my phone number, and because the TM delivery people said they will call to set up a delivery time. So only local or 800-type numbers, switching to only local once delivery is set, switching to nothing once my baby runner season gets going. After that, back to texts and emails.

LOL - this makes perfect sense!!  Something I would do as well...  

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

san – I took group power yesterday. It whooped my butt!! 10 days!!! SO EXCITING!!!! I can’t wait for pictures!! LOL at your comment to Sandy. HAHA. Awe, sorry to hear about your RB Sad

Run4kupcakes – Ahhh…interesting. Makes sense.

Diane – Nice miles yesterday. Distance on the TM just doesn’t appeal to me. I think I would skip the run before I did a 20 miler on the treadmill. You and Damaris are badasses for doing that!

Judy – You are not ancient silly! Well, glad you saw a doe and not a snake or anything LOL.

Sandy – Nice sweaty miles this morning! OHHH you tried OTF?! Awesome! I think you should get the punch card Smile Can you do that and keep your TRX/Bells class? I am scared to try OTF. HCF doesn’t realize how good it would feel to do some physical activity. Well, other than the obvious Wink LOL. Seriously though. He used to ride his bike all the time. I keep telling him to ride while I am running! I wish he would find another “outlet”..that way when its time to quit the cancer sticks (very soon) – he will have another way to get out some stress. Uhm, can I just say I have a sleep disability and sleep at my desk?! LOL, that is mean but I mean…I am kinda jealous. I agree with you, Cathy has always been speedy!! I am laughing at your comment to Karen about the PHONE!!! LOL. I am the same way!!! If you were to cal me I probably wouldn’t answer. Weird, I make phone calls at work no problem..maybe that is why. I don’t want to talk to anyone else haha. I UNDERSTAND you there though! MMMMMMM soft serve ice cream sounds good. I have been craving ice cream since yesterday
        !

Cathy – Nice miles this morning, speedy! Santa and reindeer?! Haha..I wish it was holiday time! What great weather you are having! Good point about the training by time. I remember someone saying that you can never be too slow on the long runs…I try to remember that! Her last half marathon time was 2:02. Hmm…so she might need to slow down a bit. We’ll see what happens when she gets past 15 miles. Lets face it, I am so jealous of her. LOL. I slowed way down when I started running a lot of distance. I remember training runs in the 9’s. I see what you did there with Mr.Math…OH HCF sent me an article this morning about Milwaukee – “Why Milwaukee is the midwest’s coolest city”. I don’t know why he sends me this stuff..he already knows I want to move there! He is the one that said no.

Ginny – I thought of you the other day because I was so excited that we are halfway through July. LOL! I know you love Summer. Smile  That is a lot of pushups!! Sissy style or not..that is a lot. And planking on a ball is difficult. I always have really sore abs and hip flexors after doing that.

Karen – Maybe you were faster because of your change of scenery! I notice that sometimes when I go to a new place. I am excited for the new baby runners coming on. I think you do an excellent job of extroverting and rounding people up. Smile You really would be a good sales woman! THANK YOU for your advice. It all makes sense, and I know these things but its good to hear from it someone else sometimes. Thanks Smile AWESOME on the recovery place opening up his place for free! See? Sales woman Smile YESSSSSSSSSS on your soapbox rant! YES YES YES! Agreed. I took a screen-shot that so I can reread when I am having my doubts about pace again. If Coach Karen says so then its right! Smile

Kilmisters – Oh man. Sorry about the change up in your schedule Sad Enjoy your rest day and have a beer!

I am with Sandy, slow day over here. I have just been researching stuff for our honeymoon and saving airbnb spots. Haha. Smile Ready to go home! Have to run by the store to get some fresh fish (and ice cream) then pick up my Ruger from daycare! He is getting a bath when he gets home. Hopefully I can take a nap, too. Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Yeah, we've made it to Wednesday!  SRD for me 

Lizzie - oh, I forgot about the 7-11 Slurpee thing, we actually have a 7-11 in our relatively small town!  I am not much help as far as long run training since it's been a while, but they are supposed to be done slow and easy, I have read up to two minutes slower/mile.

Sue - OMG, 10 days, so exciting!!

K - heat and humidity is so hard to run in, I can run about an hour and then I'm toast!

Diane - hot n humid here, too.  I am good so long as I run early in the morning as I'm trying to avoid the TM until winter time LOL

Hi Judy!!

Sandy - the kids are doing well - actually, they are ALL working I am so excited.  Well, my youngest is working a few hours a week at his Dad's store.  My younger DD (the one that just got her driver's license) started working yesterday at my ex's wife's real estate business.  She is like a 'Girl Friday' doing cleaning, answering phones, running errands.  I am a little worried about it because the wife can be kind of crazy but it sounds like she really won't be there (basically my DD is doing stuff so she doesn't have to go in and work). So, win win!

Cathy - great 7 miles!

Ginny - wow, that is a lot of push ups, great job!!

Nice run, Karen!  Cool about the cryo guy!

LC Runs

Elina - ugh sorry for the crappy day - have a beer!!

Sat in the office till 19:30 to find out team practice is cancelled. Yay. No run for me, I could had managed 10k (before soccer) had I gone out as soon as I got home, but screw it. Rest day. Instead, I will do a double on Sunday (10k, then team practice); a day after a tempo workout. If I die, well, whatever Big grin Way too angry about the whole sequence of events today; I had shifted Karen's plan around slightly (but it took planning, even if slight) to fit everything in, and now this. Sorry for my grumpiness.

Plenty of room on the grumpy bus, hop on board.

I was going to run this morning but didn't, since I didn't get enough sleep, since my DH needed to talk to me about a business issue, which meant an 11 pm phone call since he's in Asia, which is waaaay too late for this gramma, which meant the 4:30 am alarm was waaaay too early.   Yes, it's good that I can work from home today, since I can avoid 2 hours of commuting, but my cases aren't any less annoying, the parties on other side are still bugging the crap out of me, and the courts aren't any less irritating.  (I actually like my co-workers and don't really mind being in the office.)

Whew, where'd that tirade come from?!    I think I'm feeling a little burned out.  Will go for a run after I finish work, that always makes things better.  

So I'm going to wave to everyone, apologize for my grumpiness, and go back down into the salt mines...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have been in court all fucking day, grrrr.  Just got home.  I'll get back to shoutouts tonight after I run my 5 miles and do some kickboxing.  I need it.

Read everything and yeah, Liz.  Someone running that fast is going to crash come race time.  I remember that when I ran my PR of 4:34, my runs were in the 11:30-12mm, I kid you not.  Running slower based on training, temps, etc., works.

Maybe I should apply this to myself, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 15 x 1 minute hard, 1:30 recoveries. Not as miserable out as yesterday. Only the last mile, which was the only one in direct sun, was really rough.

One other possibility with the fast paces is that there may be a sizable gap between elapsed time and run time. Basically run fast, stop the watch for a break, repeat.

According to most calculators, I run my easy days too slow. What I did in the spring was focus more on the 3 runs that had some sort of quality. I've done Run Less, Run Faster in the past and it is hard. None of the runs are easy, I could handle the intervals, the long run pace was lol.

Docket_Rocket

I stop my watch when I run outside.  I hit around 4-5 lights in a 2 mile radius and 18mm is not really an average of my real pace at the time if I leave it on.  I won't be stopping for lights at the race, so...  I also stop the watch on the TM if I need to get a gel or go to the restroom.  It's a better gauge of your true pace, so long as the pause is of a few minutes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I stop my watch when I run outside.  I hit around 4-5 lights in a 2 mile radius and 18mm is not really an average of my real pace at the time if I leave it on.  I won't be stopping for lights at the race, so...  I also stop the watch on the TM if I need to get a gel or go to the restroom.  It's a better gauge of your true pace, so long as the pause is of a few minutes.

I've read about, not witnessed, ones with 20-30 minute gaps, so definitely beyond stopping for lights. Unless they are running on side streets and crossing multiple major highways. I stop mine for bathroom breaks or leaving the treadmill. But the stuff I've read talks about it being a constant thing--fast training runs then the races are slower.

Docket_Rocket

I've read about, not witnessed, ones with 20-30 minute gaps, so definitely beyond stopping for lights. Unless they are running on side streets and crossing multiple major highways. I stop mine for bathroom breaks or leaving the treadmill. But the stuff I've read talks about it being a constant thing--fast training runs then the races are slower.

Probably cheating for people to think they are faster, ugh!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, exactly. I have seen it where someone only posts the total of the work sections of an interval workout, so like 3 miles @ 6 min pace. But then the workout was like 400s or something. Convenient to leave the rests out.