Womens Running

Plankety Plank Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Not that I don't like Thursdays.  I like Ginny's planks.

Off to run outside at the gym.  that should confuse people.  Then shower and start my taxi service into school for the girls. first house is by the gym so it works better to shower there. supposed to hit 67 today.. rain but 67.  Spring!

Lisa

ginnyb

I am also off to run Lisa.  Yes, that should confuse people running outside at the gym!

Be back later.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I still am so happy when you say you are running Smile   Funny - the "gym" I am going to is starting a running group that meets at the gym and runs outside from there.

Ginny - Glad you are getting out for a run!

Did a hill workout on Wednesday, new route for us and it was killer.  Did a few on my own last night.  Tonight sculpt class Smile

Laughing that some of you knew I would just do the dang marathon...guess you are used to my mid-training freak out!

Spring is here!

Carol

ginnyb

Got 5 miles in before 6:30 a.m.!  Love when that happens.  I am still so darn slow though...oh well, I am improving.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Spent most of my day in court yesterday.  Did 6 miles with hubby last night and 14 miles this morning.

Lisa, hope your run went well.

Ginny, nice 5.

Carol, nice hill workout.

In other news, I'm SORE!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SugarLand

Morning - feeling better today thanks for all your good wishes - I am going to run this afternoon hopefully I will not cough up a lung

can someone tell again how to attached a photo - thanks again

Hi to everyone - have a wonderful day

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 earlier for me.

Did a video conference test as we have some new soft ware.  It went pretty well  I did get booted off twice as we are trying to work through things.  At least the doggies behaved while I was on

Lisa, so spring has sprung?

Carol of course we knew you'd do it.  But, if you don't we will still support you

Ginny there is nothing wrong with slow.  Running is still running.  Who cares how fast you go?

D why are you sore?  HA   Did you start Pilates yet?

Vicki you have to load the photo into another web site like tinypics.  Then it gives you the URL (the one for web lay out I think--the one on the bottom).  Copy that and then on here hit the little tree icon and paste the link there and you will get the picture. loaded.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Glad for all of you who are getting spring! We are getting summerlike weather here.

Ginny, not sure what a side plank is, but I'm impressed.

Lisa, good to blow their minds by running outside. And it gives you access to different routes! Congrats to the high schoolers on Les Mis. I'm sure the understudies appreciated being able to do a couple of the shows -- and it is impressive that they were able to double cast it, that's a big show.

Carol, we have faith in you! and yes we are all used to mid training freakouts.

Damaris, 14 miles before work? Or do you have the day off? Either way, that's good mileage! Hope the allergies/asthma aren't acting up too much.

Vicki, is it a cold or allergies?

Marjorie, good for you on the 10.2. Any candy left? *she says hopefully*

No run this morning, but I did get 4 in yesterday morning before the doctor appt and then another 5 in the course of running to/from the dentist.

and on the doctor appointment...yes there is a hairline fracture in the patella. Not cracked through, thank goodness, because he said that would have required surgery and pins. I have a flexible knee brace and have to go back in two weeks for more X rays. I have NOT been told to stop running, he said it's OK to do whatever feels all right. He cautioned against lunges and squats and I assured him I have not done either in years, those do strain my knees too much. I also need to be careful getting in and out of the car or doing stairs since that can be painful.

So it's not as good as I was hoping but definitely better than it could have been.

And this brace itches like a fiend.

SugarLand

Tessa - hope you knee feels better soon - I am trying to get over a cold - thanks for asking

Docket_Rocket

10.2 earlier for me.

Did a video conference test as we have some new soft ware.  It went pretty well  I did get booted off twice as we are trying to work through things.  At least the doggies behaved while I was on

Lisa, so spring has sprung?

Carol of course we knew you'd do it.  But, if you don't we will still support you

Ginny there is nothing wrong with slow.  Running is still running.  Who cares how fast you go?

D why are you sore?  HA   Did you start Pilates yet?

Vicki you have to load the photo into another web site like tinypics.  Then it gives you the URL (the one for web lay out I think--the one on the bottom).  Copy that and then on here hit the little tree icon and paste the link there and you will get the picture. loaded.

Cause I ran 14 miles and too fast???

My first instructional class is today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, I am working from home today.  Sorry about the fracture.  Hope it heals soon!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ahhh too fast will do it D

Tessa there is a table full of candy. I haven't made the baskets yet.  The creative things I ordered to use as baskets won't be here until tomorrow.  Got a tool caddy bag thing for dad that has a rope handle and will be a great basket and for her I got a shell shaped bowl.  I'm doing one for DH too. Got a fish shaped snack holder since he is into fishing.

I do need to get a bit more for Dad's.  He is diabetic so I need the sugar free stuff.  I got nuts and some other snacks he likes but want to put some sugar free candy in it.

Got her birthday card too so all that is done.  Heck I even got them Easter cards.

Busy day today.  Need to go eat dinner

Marjorie