Womens Running

Woolliness Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Colder here. Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday's track run was a moderately good one for 35 minutes. At home I tried about 25 minutes of a new cardio DVD. I had been to the dentist for cleaning, but the tooth he was watching now is requiring a root canal. I've never had one before this.  I need to call and set up the appointment today.

Today should be a track run and some cardio after at home.

Happy runs, All.  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - ugh on the tooth!  Nice run and workout!

1 mile on TM followed by 20 minutes of weights.   Day 76 of run streak

Another day of snowy travel ahead, can't wait

Hope you all have a great day!

ginnyb

Went to the gym yesterday and did 3 on the TM.  I felt awful though, not sick, just sluggish, my legs hurt...ugh.  I tried one of the machines for abs that I was shown on Monday, but it hurt my back, so I quit.  Maybe I am doing it wrong.  Will probably stick to my planks.

Tomorrow I took the day off and DH and I are driving to Amish Country for our annual trip....I pick up a lot of baking supplies for the holidays.

Carol  you will do great on Saturday, I know you will!  Just don't get stuck in traffic and be late!!!  Will never forget our little adventure at Hatfield Mccoy!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all,

No running for me tonight, but I am going to a Pilates apparatus class. I left work early yesterday and got in almost 6 awesome warm sunny miles. The cold front is supposed to hit here tonight, with the next several days in the 40s. Not what I want, but much more like what it normally is like in November. Remembering specifically last year, as this coming weekend is JFK50, and last year that day was freezing cold all day. Because I was out running in it, all day.

Judy, I've not yet had a root canal, but from what I've been told, they sound way worse than they actually are.

Laura, nice streak! I didn't realize you were doing that, very cool.

Ginny, the trip sounds fun. Sorry about the crappy day at the gym.

Cindy, you are about to become a marathoner!!! I'm excited. Is Richmond a Saturday or Sunday race? When do you head up there?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!!

Lisa--I just read your boss's email typo from the other day's post.  Thanks for the giggle.

5 miles yesterday with sprints.  Tough!!!  This morning was 5 miles easy--much better.

BF finally sailed yesterday after many mechanical delays.  I hope they got everything fixed so they can work.  I miss him but know he really needs the sea pay/OT.

Karen--LOVE those federal holidays!!

Have a great day!!

camille2

I did 5.25 this a.m, partly on the hilly route. Great fall day. I used run keeper and the good news is that my speed on flats and downhills seems to be returning. The bad news is that the bigger hills are no easier.  I've done the biggest one at least once a week since I've been back and it still laughs when it sees me coming.

Lisa, thanks for the auto correct. A friend's kids are giving her a hard time about a nonsense text she sent and she'll enjoy this.

Cindy, I hope you have a great time.  Slow down enough to enjoy the first one. It'll make it easier for a pr next time.  I agree with using sleeves.  I love the flexibility with them and they are easy to tuck in a belt and use later if it gets windy. Great pics of the hike.  Hasn't it been a great fall.  One other hint-take one of those cheap ponchos from the Dollar Store just in case it's wet.  Tessa suggested it a couple years ago and they're much better than trash bags.

Laura, day 76 is awesome!

Hi to everyone else.  I need to finish painting the deck.  Got the upper/ bigger one done yesterday, but have the stairs and the lower one to finish.  It's  really nice out.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Sorry the picture is sideways. I tried everything to get it straight but couldn't fix it.

We did the Veterans Day Run (5k) yesterday. It was chilly, even at 3:30 p.m,, but a nice race on the Boise Greenbelt. I don't really care for 5k runs because I'm slow and don't ever seem to warm up until about 4 miles. Anyway, DH did well, even though he isn't up to 3 miles in the Couch to 5k yet. My dog made a lot of friends, both human and canine. A nice run followed by a trip to Costco, where it wasn't even crowded!

Judy - good workouts as usual. Sorry to hear about the root canal.

LC - way to go on the running streak!

Ginny - sorry to hear about the sluggishness. Hope your trip to the Amish country is fun.

Karen - hope you have a good Pilates class and glad to hear you had a nice run yesterday.

Sue - sounds like a tough workout yesterday.

Camille - great job on the hills.

runlikeagirl18

Last run today before the race. 3.2 sunny miles. I'm getting nervous! My bib number is 4691 if anyone wants to cyber-stalk me.

Karen - the race is on Saturday, starting at 7:50; we head up Friday after lunch. There's a bunch of folks going - my two RB's my Very Fast Friend, her DH who is doing the 8K, and another RB and another speedy lady who are also both doing the 8K.

Sorry for no more personals - I have to go be homework monitor.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waiting for flight home. Waves to everyone. I will catch up tomorrow.

Marjorie

Judy-yes, our temperature plummeted today as well.  I've had a root canal.  Nothing to it to be honest.  My 2nd daughter had to have one when she was around 8 or 9 because of a tooth she had broken the year before (front upper tooth).  They didn't even numb her!  The nerve was dead so they said it was unnecessary.  She said that it didn't hurt at all. Was an ordeal though because root hadn't completely closed so they had to put stuff into tooth to speed up that process before doing the actual root canal.  She had to have another one later in teen years on same tooth.  Over the last year and a half that tooth has now been completely replaced with an implant, not a crown, an actual into the jaw implant.  All from a spill she took in elementary on one of those little scooters and a hallway floor.  Mine is in the back and really has been fine.

Laura-my hometown has a couple of feet of snow.  They can keep it.

Ginny-or use less weight.  I have the settings (back, leg, arm) in my phone under notes for each machine.  I had someone once comment on me texting instead of working out.  I was just looking at the setting so that I did have them right, as well as the weight to put on machine.

Karen-have fun on the apparatus.

Sue-nice sprinting!

Camille-sometimes the autocorrects make NO sense.  They pull up dumb words.

Shadow-great pic no matter which way it's pointing.

Cindy-so excited for you!  trust the training and all of that! And remember the rule of wearing the medal all day.

Marjorie-safe travels.

Doing a Fat Ass run on Saturday.  It's called "Put a Diaper on Tim's Baby-Fat Ass" and is for a runner who is expecting their first baby.  "Registration fee" is a package of diapers.  They're supplying aid station goodies.  10 mile loop.  Cute idea!

Lisa

Lisa -- Love the Fat Ass idea.  Fun and creative.

Safe travels Marjorie.

Cindy, totally normal to be nervous but try not to let it get in the way of having fun.

Nice photo, Shadow!

Camille, keep at the big hills and one day you will have the last laugh.

CrazySue, good luck to your BF and his ship.

Karen, I don't know anything about Pilates.  What sort of apparatus do you use?

GInnyB, have fun on your Amish road trip.

LC, nice streak!

Judy, root canals somehow became the poster child for "miserable dental procedure." It doesn't sound too terrible based on what others have said.

Stay warm, all of you folks east of the Rockies!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Evening post for me, two in one day is hard to believe lol

Travel ended up being fine, some snow showers but roads were fine.

Ginny - I have runs like that, especially on the treadmill.  Every so often I get dizzy and wobbly, it's weird.   The next one will be better!

Karen - hope you enjoyed the Pilates class

Hi Sue - hope the BF isn't gone for too long!

Camille - sounds like a lovely run!

Shadow - love the pic!  Great job to all on the 5k!!  Good looking family

Cindy - whoo hoo!!  You will do great, can't wait to hear about it!!

Hi Marjorie - I'm sure you're anxious to get home!

Lisa - I almost forgot you grew up in the UP - they have gotten like 44 inches of snow - no thanks!!

Hi Gatsby!!