Womens Running

Thankful it's Thursday Supermoms (Read 13 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on 5-6 miles after PT client this morning. Didn't sleep well last night, woke up around midnight and was awake for an hr. Then tossed and turned from 3 until my alarm went off at 4:45. Oh well.

TR: can "read" several of his books to me at bedtime now. One of his favorites is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. It's so cute to hear him. I asked him what he wanted to do yesterday morning and his response was "Go Shopping!" Haha. We ended up at the park.

NRR: met with a new running client yesterday- she's brand new to running, never having run before. She used to be an aerobics instructor in the 80's, lol.

zorbs- yes, I'm listed on the RRCA database. Potential clients can search by state. I also have a bio/profile on my trainer friend's website, which lists my running coach services. I need to create my own website.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - livefitrevolution.

KR - he likes to watch these PSA warning videos on the dangers of playing on train tracks and then he acts it out with his Thomas trains and Hot wheels.  It's kind of disturbing.  "the people in the car are going to be killed!"

FR - curry chicken pasta salad, we had veggie chowder instead last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - is your new client a PT client who just happens to want to learn to run, or did she decide to LtR and hire you as her coach right off the bat?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 7 ish km's easy at lunch.  Legs were much peppier yesterday than they were on Monday, so that's good.

KR - more testing her limits last night, ended her in a time out.  She's totally obsessed with dinosaurs right now.  Hopefully we sell our trailer in the next couple weeks, then we're going to buy a bigger one, and hopefully take the kids to Drumheller to see the Tyrell Museum there.  It's only an hour away and would be a fine day trip but it would also be super fun to go camping for the weekend.

TR - got the booster seat out for her last night at dinner, she was so freaking excited to sit at the regular table!  She even came back after supper and wanted up just to sit there for a bit.  She's been drinking out of a big girl cup at the day home too.

FR - realized this morning I wanted something with pasta (carbs), so brought up a lasagna, I hope it defrosts enough over the day!

RG - we never did get a copy of the hungry caterpillar, we have most of the classic ones but no that one.  It's so cute when they "read"!  Fun that you have a new running client!  I'm toying with hiring a trainer for my fall full... I need to see how this race goes and how doable I think a BQ is in the next cycle.

zorbs - M has a weird fascination with death but doesn't really grasp how serious, or bad it is.  She'll say to her gma, " you're going to die soon" ... but doesn't get it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning!

RR:  Spin last night was AWESOME!  I am SO glad I went.  We will see about today.  I am itchy to run.

BR:  I think he is getting two more teeth on the top.  Serioulsy, he will have a mouthful by the time he is one!

TR:  I had a babysitter up yesterday for a while and he just loves her.  Was cute at his little program.  They had little graduation hats and all!

NRR:  MIL is back in the hospital.  Yep.  Third time.  So, we are still running around figuring it all out.  I told DH last night that we need to suck it up and pay a baby sitter for an entire day and he said he isn't ready for that.  Ugh.  I AM!

NRR#2:  Field day activities today so I will be outside all day.  I am really excited about it.  The kids are painting the keys of keyboards.  Similar to this.

FR:  We are dining out for lunch today.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - it must be terrible for gma to be told she's going to die soon, lol.  By Saturday night I was DONE with pasta.

mer - what was great about that spin class?  we all know there's good and bad classes and sometimes what makes the class great is so subtle.  B started teething at 3 months and had a full mouth of teeth by his 1st bday.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I feel like I can't win. Yesterday's mess up with the alarm, got home and changed in my workout clothes but DH was on a fire call and the sky opened up in a torrential downpour with crazy wind gusts. Got up and went trail running this morning, let my mind wander and I fell down and banged myself up pretty good and now I'm having shooting pains in my SI joint. GRRRR!

TR: Asked me to sing him songs this morning- asked for "Washa spider out" and "Pull pull pull" which were requests for Itsy Bitsy Spider and Row Row Row your Boat.

FR: Made a random creamy garlic turkey gnocchi thing last night, it was good. The DeLallo brand prepackaged GF gnocchi have a nice texture.

NRR: Feel like I'm in limbo for making any sort of plans right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- R loves to go shopping! Are you going to have someone do a web design for you and pay for hosting? www.weebly.com is a good one for building very basic free sites.

zorbs- lol at the psa videos. R plays out rescue situations with cars in accidents or a building being on fire, and he's still talking about stuff dying or being killed a lot lately. I guess DH chopping a snake with a shovel in front of him the other day doesn't help.

CA- R is so into dinos right now, too. I think I might do a dinosaur birthday for him. In the next couple years I  would like to do a road trip to visit the ILs in CO and stop at Dinosaur national park in UT on the way. They have quite a bit of dinosaur stuff where ILs live already- the first stegosaurus fossil was discovered in Golden as was a triceratops fossil and a ton of preserved dinosaur tracks, we did all those sites on our trip down there this month.

Mer- have a fun field day. Sorry about MIL's health and how its putting you in a bind Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

rg - I hope you got a good run despite the crappy sleep.  For once, we had a good night as I was "only" up from 2-2:30.  I got 6.5 hours of sleep total which is a TON for me.

zorbs - How long do you take to recover from a marathon.  Not having run one, I have no clue what the time afterward looks like.  The class was awesome because I was actually working out!  I like the instructor.  She has some pretty tough work outs for us.  Yesterday was what I would consider a "medium" day with how tough the workout was.

spike - Do you mean because of DH's job that you are in limbo?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer- yeah and the yard project. Its taking all of DH's spare time, he won't even commit to a day for us to get a sitter and go out for his birthday (yesterday) and to celebrate the new job. The bid award notice hasn't come out yet so he feels like its not real. They said he would be on straight day shift during his training/licensing period, but I have no idea what that means for his schedule- 12's, 10's, or 8's.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - O is working on her canines, and they are really giving her grief!  Sad Sorry about MIL.  We have regular daycare/sitting and even so it's really hard without MIL and my parents, I can't imagine without any sitter.

spike - sorry about the banged up knee, it looked pretty painful.  There are two dinosaur parks in AB, one in Drumheller that has a big museum that's amazing, and then there's also Dinosaur provincial park that has the field stations and dig sites, that one is probably more appropriate for older kids because it has a lot of hikes, and field trip type activities.  I hope everything gets worked out with DH's job and such soon, that would be a pita to not know his schedule.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I take 2 rest days after a marathon and don't do any speedwork for 4 weeks after (following the 1 easy day for every mile raced rule of thumb).