Womens Running

Whizzing Through Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 24 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are here.  :::snappy salute:::   Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was 45 track run minutes, some with coach. He is faster than I so it is a challenge. Cardio DVD 15 minutes at home. I try to keep this up because it has helped my abs, lats, and posture. With spinal osteoporosis, it is easy to bend over. Wink  I'm trying to keep upright. Smile
      Today will be track, cardio and hopefully installing a new ISP router.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I had to prepare a pleading to file today and it needed something like 4 people's approval (complicated issue).  Now I get to make some changes and file it today, so I should be a bit more relaxed.  6 miles tonight.

judyruns, I am not awake enough to give you a snappy salute back, so just imagine I did. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Good morning, light rain here but felt good outside.  5.4 miles with a friend.

Judy - nice track workout!

Damaris - enjoy an easier day and the 6 miles

Tessa - take care of yourself, it's gotta be tough with a sick DH.

Hi Karen, Ginny, Camille, Sue, Gatsby, Lisa, Carol, Julie, Marjorie....

I passed the first phase of the interview process; yesterday I had to take an online personality test called  "Trimetrix".  It was weird, hope it doesn't indicate I'm an axe murderer or something lol.  Assuming that turns out okay, they'll set up a second interview.Smile

Hope you all have a great day!

Laura

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, I don't do snappy salutes, but consider yourself saluted for being so consistent in starting the threads here and on runango!

Damaris, how dare work to interfere with running and foruming? Don't they know you have things to do?

Laura,  hope you get a call back. Those online personality tests -- do they really do any good?

Arse anchor won this morning, but I am headed for work so will run at lunchtime.

Good Morning!  Group power class this morning.  Tracey was late again, so class ran late which meant I  was running a little late too.  AND DS2 also had to be at work at 0700 this morning (he didn't tell me that) so we were jockeying for the single bathroom.  I had to dry my hair in my bedroom.  The hairdryer  cord is too short for me to stand and dry my hair, so I had to sit on the floor.  Deuce kept sticking rag doll kitty in my face so I would play tug of war with him.  It is a miracle my hair is not sticking out in all directions!  We were both dashing out the door at 0701 and since he had parked somewhat catty-wampus in the driveway, I had pulled in behind him after gym.  We both flew out of the driveway and down the road.  At least we are both working close to the house.

Have a great Wednesday!

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

Like Tessa, the arse anchor won out for me this morning as well, so no run. I'm trying to strike a balance between indulging my slump a bit and not letting my fitness go completely to crap. I will jump on the rebounder for a bit later today, and maybe play some Just Dance with the kids.

Judy - my XT has taken a real hit this summer. Once the boys are back in school, I will get back to the Y for classes.

Damaris - don't you hate it when work gets in the way of fun? Last summer my work was pretty slow, but it's been busy this summer, and it's a bit of a challenge to get it done with all three boys at home.

Laura - I have my fingers crossed for you on the new job.

Tessa - I'm glad that you are able to get out and go to work today. How are the kids holding up with everything?

Crazysue - catty-wampus is one of my all-time favorite expressions. I've been spoiled the last few weeks - no one (except DH) has had to be anywhere in the morning, so we haven't had the morning rush. DS1 is in  camp next week that starts at 8:00, though, so we will have to do better.

Off to get some cleaning done. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

No run for me today, planning on running tomorrow morning though.  Had a busy morning just running around doing errands, work tonight again.

This is so trivial in the scheme of things, but Ijust need to vent.  There is absolutely no one at work I can talk to anymore without being afraid it will go higher.  When we request a day off we fill out a slip, give it to our immediate supervisor, he oks it or not and then it goes to the director.  My coworker and I planned a vacation day together tomorrow, Aug 1, we turned in our slips in the same day, she got hers back and it was okay'd...I never received mine.  Well I checked into it and they say they never got my slip and I have to work tomorrow.   I am just upset, this place anymore is just so crazy and now this.  My supervisor does tend to procrastinate or lose things, so I don't know where my slip is.  I shouldn't have, but I kind of shot him an email asking what the heck?  I really like my supervisor and I don't want to sound nasty, but still....what did happen?  We have to walk on eggshells around here, but I am mad 1

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2.  Another busy day at work.  Sigh.

No saluting here either but hi.

Laura hope you get the second interview

Tessa I bet your body just wanted rest!

Sue oh that made me laugh.  Quincy does that if I sit on the bed to put on my hose or even socks, he jumps up and sticks his head in my face with a pet me.  He isn't allowed to have toys on our bed or he would do that  too.  Dogs always think we must want to play or pet them if we are sitting down on the floor or the bed.  Of course the dryer didn't phase him.

Cindy if only fitness would not leave once you achieve it.  Darn it that you have to work to keep it but you don't have to work to stay unfit....

Ginny I'd be mad too!  I'm thankful our time off requests are done on the computer so we have a receipt of when it went in and when it comes back.  That helps a ton.  When it was all paper it was hard to keep up with.  Plus for me it is automatic as I don't have to fill out a time card either and it automatically switches those dates in the system to come out of PTO.  Makes my life much easier.  Other than I rarely log in that  system so I always forget my log in when I do have to request time off and have to have it reset

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Man, I'm tired today. Ran 14 this morning, and haven't done much of anything since! Unless you count wasting a good 2 hours on the computer, mostly looking through the >1200 pictures taken by various people during Saturday's six hour race. Here are a few that turned out pretty good:

ES6

ES6

This one is me with the RD. He ran the loop once midway through and just ran along with people, asking if they were doing okay or needed anything, and happened to be running with me when we went by a photographer. The RD is excellent eye candy - former Marine, did Badwater last year, has done several Ironmans, Naval Academy graduate. And a really nice guy.

ES6

Ginny, that sounds so frustrating.

Damaris, see, this is why unemployment is so awesome! I have none of those problems.

Judy, a snappy salute back at ya.

Laura, sounds like things are progressing nicely with the possible new job. Fingers crossed.

Tessa, sometimes you just have to let the arse anchor have its way. Hope you got a stress-relieving run in at lunch.

Susan, laughing at Deuce. Jake is the same way, if you're on the floor, you obviously want to either play with him or pet him!

Cindy, are you ready for school to start yet? Must be hard trying to get any work done with three boys running around.

Okay, off to make dinner.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, very nice picture! Oh, and the ones of you aren't bad either...Evil 14 this morning and you did how many on Saturday?

Cindy, you'll get back into a routine.

Susan, when does DS go back to school? And is he taking Deuce with him?

Ginny, how annoying. I tend to hand my supervisor my time off request and wait while she signs it before taking it to the department manager.

Marjorie, nice run, and I bet as soon as you sit down Quincy is right there "pet me, pet meeeeeeee"

7.25 on the TM at lunch. I feel better.

DH is recovering, still weak, he is not looking forward to going to the doctor tomorrow. And I told him we are going to shower him tonight so he's clean for the outing. (Poor old guy, when he's under the shower he does bear a strong resemblance to Gollum...)

Karen-David Goggins. Ah.. yeah .. that would be eye candy alright. Nice! And look at you Miss I Run in a Bra. Go girl!!

Ginny-vent away. sorry we couldn't make that venting do something tho.

Tessa-hang in there.

Judy-stand tall!

Laura-congrats and I'm sure that you passed the axe murderer question.

Won tickets for a Friday night play "Ernie The Play" it's the story of Ernie Harwell, the long time Tiger baseball announcer. Was written by Mitch Albom. Will go with dh and his bro and wife. They are grew up listening to Ernie and are Tiger fans so will really enjoy.

So today was the first day I realized that I had forgotten about my knee. Even wore low heels. Monday.. maybe Monday....I've been doing my exercises and will continue.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

He should've just approved it even if he could not find it.  Ugh.  Sorry about that.

6 miles done.  I had a busy day but tomorrow I get to work from home and I have a couple of projects but nothing major.  Yay.

No run for me today, planning on running tomorrow morning though.  Had a busy morning just running around doing errands, work tonight again.

This is so trivial in the scheme of things, but Ijust need to vent.  There is absolutely no one at work I can talk to anymore without being afraid it will go higher.  When we request a day off we fill out a slip, give it to our immediate supervisor, he oks it or not and then it goes to the director.  My coworker and I planned a vacation day together tomorrow, Aug 1, we turned in our slips in the same day, she got hers back and it was okay'd...I never received mine.  Well I checked into it and they say they never got my slip and I have to work tomorrow.   I am just upset, this place anymore is just so crazy and now this.  My supervisor does tend to procrastinate or lose things, so I don't know where my slip is.  I shouldn't have, but I kind of shot him an email asking what the heck?  I really like my supervisor and I don't want to sound nasty, but still....what did happen?  We have to walk on eggshells around here, but I am mad 1

Ginny

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page