Womens Running

Wildly Packing Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

good: hair cost much less than I expected.  bad: hot tub was still closed.

ernie - sorry AF arrived.  speaking of curry, along with the spicy ketchup, Target also has a massaman curry flavour chip that's next on my to-try list.

mer - is it hard to get J to go to class? B loves his classes (swim & music) but getting him there is HELL.

CA - B can count to 14 because that's how many stairs are in the house.

stroller - enjoy your day off!

bermy - hi!

spike - I always think there is no point having a face that looks 20 if your hair looks 45.

rg - I'm trying not to stress about the week off.  You might have seen people suggest I take the whole week off entirely, I'd gain 20 pounds and kill DH by the 2nd day.  I figure if I get in 5 days of exercise, whether it be strength or cardio, I'll consider it a success.  The point is to rest, not kill myself with cross training.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- MIL and my mom are the same age. MIL dyes her hair and uses various anti-aging products, mom does not. They look at least a decade apart in age.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Well my day just got a lot easier, DH decided to take the afternoon off and stay home with C today.  Wooohooo!

RR:  4 miles in the artic blast.  VA must know the Canadians are coming Wink

TR:  Much better today than yesterday.  We had ninja moves contest before going to school.  Almost broke my face Smile

NRR:  Bossman needs a swift kick in the pants.  We have so much work to get done and he is totally not motivated.

FR:  DH is home making pie.  I love that man.....for now.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Boo on the hot tub. Yep, we have that same problem with the toys.  We are in toy detox for now, my house can't handle any more.

Ernie:  Ugh, DH does that to me as well.  He tells me "oh he said he wasn't hungry when I asked".  Seriously, you are letting a 4 year old make that decision?

Mer:  I haven't really started thinking about Christmas shopping but I like to get everyone done on Black Friday.

CA:  Wow, we are to the twenty-teens in our house.  Boo, I hope you hear back on the job soon!

Stroller:  Yeah, I hope to get back to streaking but couldn't handle the pound on the tooth last week.

Bermy:  Hi!

Spike:  Woah!  That is a crazy price for a mattress.  My pillows are the $5 target kind.

RG:  I'd rather it never snow Wink

Erniegirl

mer - Glad you have a baby that's sleeping well!

CA - It's so cool to see them developing personality. Hope you hear about the job soon...chances are pretty good they are just sitting on the application. I'm sometimes shocked by how long places take to complete the hiring process.

Stroller - Bummer that you still don't have your hospital privileges but yay for a day off! Thank you so much for you kind words. They made me cry again since I'm such a mess but then I felt better Smile

Spike - My friend bought the most comfortable, glorious mattress ever that is apparently made of latex. When I laid down on it to see what it was like, I seriously never wanted to get up again, it was so amazing. Then she told me it cost $6,000 Shocked

Rg - When I told DH he forgot to give her breakfast, he said "Omg, I'm so sorry, we were having so much fun playing that I forgot."

zorbs - Target seems to have a very interesting line of chips! So, I assume you'll be doing lots of Zumba during your week off running, right? Joking

Becky - LOL at VA knowing the Canadians are coming. Major score on DH being off for the day and home making pie!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- I'm trying to rationalize it with "you spend a third of your life in bed" but it doesn't make it sting less. Hopefully they have some sort of big blowout sale for the Holidays.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - do you have an ikea close?  I've heard people say they like their mattresses, and they are pretty inexpensive I think.

becky - lol on the Canadians coming!  YAY for DH winning today Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Renton, a Seattle suburb, is the closest one. Plus I don't think my truck is big enough to accomodate a king mattress.

BermyHorse

RR: so, I think my coach says we are going to do 1000s at my old race pace so I turn up all excited and fired up and feeling like I can do it, then she goes and changes it to something else. I think I get overwhelmed and nervous if I just think we're going to do longer repeats at a puke pace from the get-go. Today was 4x1200m. It was still awesome though. It was 38 degrees and windy. I ran about 6.30min/miles and then dropped to 6.17. Old goal pace was 6.45s. I think those days are long gone. It wasn't as bad as some other workouts and I felt fitter and faster. She taught me how to draft and that made a huge difference as well as when to kick. It snowed yesterday but my little buddy running partner DS in the bob and I went out and cracked out 5m on the country roads. I had the weather shield on which made a huge difference and he was all bundled up and still warm when I got him out. She also said I need to stop saying "I have no idea what I am doing". As she said I do know what I am doing (that's my crappy confidence). And on the 2nd repeat I was chatting away about how cool this drafting thing was and she told me to shut up and we were going to run faster as this was intervals and I should not be talking. oops.

NRR: a bit of shopping. Am planning my thanksgiving dinner. It's 22 people so far. Have secured the rental quote for tables, chairs, linens, flatware etc. It's decent.

TR: has a runny nose but I don't think it's anything major. He woke at 3am on Tues so I lay with him and then when we woke at 7am he sat up and gave me the biggest kiss ever. It was heart melting and i wouldn't have missed the 3am getup for the world.

FR: going to cook something from the new cleaneating magazine - need to pick something and take DS shopping super quick for anything we don't have.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

beckykay

Bermy:  As soon as I saw you post that there is a new clean eating mag - I had to run out and buy it.  I love their 2 week menus.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Way to rock your workout.  I've never cooked a holiday meal for that many people. My dad usually had about 16 people for Christmas in the past. Any big meals I've done were grilling or I made pulled pork.  It would be nice if the rental place washed the dishes for you Smile  To me, the cleanup is always the worst part, though in recent years, I've gotten better about cleaning as I go.

BermyHorse

Ernie – boo on AF – what a bitch. I have nothing of any use to say. So just big hugs xxx

Zorbs – please feed me information about Richmond – and write an awesome race report please.

Mer – hi! Hope you are doing ok! Congrats on being in normal people clothing – that’s such an amazing achievement.

CA – poor O. Hope that she gets some relief. What freezer meals did you make?

Stroller – yay for streaking! What is your next running goal? Boston marathon?

Becky – hi! We had snow yesterday and I thought – this is Nashville? Snow? I made the collard greens mac and cheese for my boys and they loved it. It was about an hour of work but they were playing and I was pottering. There was not a scrap leftover. I love the 2 week menus too – so easy and so healthy. You are so cute. My thanksgiving meal is going to be 3 courses from one of their thanksgiving specials. They have the list of chores 5 days ahead and you work through. So easy.

Spike – GREAT outcome with your dad and the meeting – maybe talk through with the counselor how to navigate the presents and the family dynamic on declining parties??? Seemed like a good result last time from your last visit. The rental place do wash all the dishes! You just scrape off the food, empty the glasses and chuck them in the crates. And they setup and take down all the chairs. Plus I get everything from weds-sun as it’s over a holiday. I was so impressed by my communication with the lady over the quote too. And the have square bowls. I love to cook for people so this is a real treat for me. It's just super kind of DH to agree to host!

Rg – cute on DS. My DS is funny too about the cold - his fingers can be icy but he will still always want to play outside.

BermyHorse

FR2: meant to say, I got a new cookbook called Practical Paleo and have started workign my way through. Well, I got DH to browse the pics over said mac and cheese this week and he starred anything he liked the look of. So I started with pumpkin pancakes  which were basically just pancake omelets with some spices in, and they were seriously delicious. Of course then we had oatmeal (defeats the paleo bit) but they were still a good experiment. They have some yummy muffins (with coconut flour) and also some stuffed bell peppers that I might try tonight. Obviously all hangs on if DS will let me pick up a few things in store...

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - nice work on the track workout, lol on your coach, I agree, if you can chit-chat round the track, it's time to speed up and kick your ass Smile  I  made: Pork chili, pork meatballs, beef stew, beef bolognaise, all recipes are on my blog, all pretty clean, and healthy but not paleo or anything, just good basic healthy food.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/