Womens Running

Reunion Tuesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Sandy, I agree, something is seriously off; not sure if it is full moon, but people are not rational lately. As for "I told you so'' emails, sheesh, those are SO goddamn childish. Saying that out loud is, I mean. If there has been a major f-ck-up and someone was right from the get go, there is no need to say it, everyone and their dogs know it. No need to rub it in everyone's faces. Store opening is good news. We'll go and check it out on Thursday. First of its kind for us - mini-format in a residential area. Mini-format meaning - same assortment groups as supermarket would have, just very narrow choice - main products only. But in a spot w almost no (or crappy) competition around. We'll see how it goes. Not the same as previously opened first convenience store that was sort of a gas-station type. Ah well.

Lizzie, DH is a good listener. He doesn't know the background of most of my stories, but can always point to situations where I am either exaggerating, or, quite the opposite - not being harsh enough. And he also knows which key phrases or words 100% show that I am REALLLLLYYYY angry at particular colleague Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

My replacement Garmin has shipped! Expected to get here Thursday. I leave Thursday morning though so won't be able to use it until I get back. Luckily the old 220 seems to be working okay so far.

HCK, that wallpaper. Yikes. I wish we'd taken a picture of the wallpaper in our downstairs bathroom of our CA townhouse. Most of the inside had been redone since it was built in the 70s, but the bathroom still had metallic green and gold wallpaper. And it was a pain to get off, chunks of drywall came with it. That was quite the repair project I left for DH.

Damaris, hope the run goes well and the car is ready today.

Judy, busy as usual. I hope the "we shall see" was seen and done.

Liz, holy crap on the former friend now engaged to the dude. It sucks that the friendship is gone, but it sounds like it was for the best, considering she's now with the dbag. I have not yet convinced my sister she should should run it. I told her she needs a 5K to use to get into a decent corral for the race she's planning on coming down here to run next winter, but she says she wants to do a fall race. I told her to do both and she said "we'll see" which means she probably won't run Saturday. I was looking at old results and told her she was probably fast enough to place in her age group and she pointed out that it was less likely now that I was going to be there and we're in the same age group. Oops.

Elina, sounds like a heck of a run! The Tuesday/Wednesday thing......eh, they're all pretty much the same to me!

Sandy, nice with the HIIT class. I don't know how anyone runs to something. I am such a sopping wet mess (literally can not tell if I've been in the pool or just running other than I smell worse) - I don't think I could deal with doing anything in that condition, not to mention no one would want me around.

Susan, smart move on leaving the door and DH alone. I'd have done the same, I think.

Cathy, so sweet that DD misses running with you. Yep, that would get me to sign up for the next one.

Kathryn, i write one check a week. To the guys that mow our lawn. It will probably be years before I need new ones!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

I can state categorically that it is not a full moon. Ramadan ended last Friday, which meant the new moon was sighted then. Ergo we are in the first quarter.

Nerd here!

Susan, sounds eminently sensible to leave the paint stripping to DF if he is concerned about it.

Elina, they are behaving in a most unprofessional fashion. Has anyone reported this to their managers? And good that the store is opening so that the shopping public will not be disappointed.

And glad you had a good run home. Even if it was followed by a rant.

Liz, I would ignore them. If he was cheating on his pregnant wife who was already the mother of one of his children, he's going to continue that pattern, and if she's foolish enough to think he's changed, that's her problem. Jackass. Him I mean.

Full frontal nudity? Honestly, at my age, big whoop. Looks like a penis. Somewhere around 50% of the planet's population has one. I don't see what the fuss is about male full frontal if there's little to no fuss about female full frontal -- and honestly I think breasts are more varied than willies.

Karen, have a good trip to your parents' house! So annoying when you type out a nice long post and it is lost. BTW, there's someone working at Food Forward who looks very like you, to the point where he could be your younger brother. But I don't think you are related unless you have kin in southern California.

Kittens are doing well. We went down to the clinic today, three of them got shots, one (Dixie) is so little that they didn't want to give her the vaccine just yet. She needs to be over a pound, so 454 grams. She's only 425. Her hulking biggest brother is 780! And two, Dixie and Dwight, are going to be longhairs, they're still having problems with dirty bottoms so they had bottom half baths again today. Dwight fought. Dixie cried.

5.4 miles this morning, yay for a decent run!

Waving to everyone else...back to work. Vestry meeting tonight. 8 months to go...

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.6 miles. It cooled down a bit and wasn't as steamy. It felt nice in the shade, not so much in the direct sun.

AnonymousGuest, we had that problem with most of the wall paper. We had to use a steamer to get it off and it took off huge chunks of drywall. I think we would have saved time by just doing all new drywall.  I somehow was in charge of wallpaper removal, then DH did the spackle & sanding. No way do I want to be on a ladder with the steamer for the lovely stuff in the foyer.

Lizzie, sounds like a lot of drama. I would think say hi, but no reason to go beyond that.

Seloc, was it as fake looking as Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights?

Kilmisters, I get people have affairs at work, but damn, be subtle about it.

Docket_Rocket

My car is not ready and, in fact, the parts had not arrived when I called today, sigh.

I did book my trip to Missoula, so we are in!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Quick hello!   Busy this week with Western States aid station prep and organizing. Have over 30 people coming and half a garage of stuff to get up to Auburn. We’re there overnight, Sat to Sun.  I really enjoy it and have a great crew coming, but it’s still a fair amount of work.  Oh, and there’s that job I have, too. And getting in my runs in the morning.

Will catch up with everyone when the dust settles!  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Pesky jobs interfering with running and recreation time.

Have fun at Western States!