Womens Running

Last of the Year's Tuesdays (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, I hope your kitty gets well quickly.

Arimathea, I had no clue what a chicken shot was either.

I am dealing with the car. I may have to get another car in the spring and do not want to abandon my own. It has been with me since 2002 and served me well during that time.

Today and probably tomorrow will be cardio DVD since by then I’ll probably be able to go back to the track. My cardio DVD incorporates about 15 to 20 minutes of running in place or around the apartment as well as 35 minutes of marching, etc..

I’ve logged 20 years of running and estimated the first year. It was very close to the second year’s time.

Happy runs, All!   <3

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  plan is 5 to 8 depending on time.  Kitty feeding and later a NYE party with friends.  Hope your 2014 is awesome!

Judy, thanks!  Hope you can keep the car in good condition through the Spring.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SugarLand

Happy New Year!!! May everyone have a blessed year

In the office until noon - our tradition is usally early dinner, movie and 1 drink at a neighborhood bar - will try to stay up until midnight - I am running a half-marathon tomorrow but it does not start until 8:15am it is in a park 2 loops

bbl

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today, but we're going to head out to a nearby lake and walk on the path around it for a bit. One of our efforts for 2014 (I avoid the word "resolution") is to be more active with the kids. DS1 has ADHD, which is helped by activity, and DS3 is a bit chunkier than I would like, plus I want to instill the love of an active lifestyle in all of them.

Speaking of cars, I could cheerfully strangle DH. He just called from the dealership, where he is having to put 4 new tires on his car - which is just over a year old and has only 17,000 miles on it. Why, you ask? Well, this is what happens when you go more than a year and don't rotate your tires. And this the morning after we just had a conversation about the need to trim our budget wherever possible. He's usually SO conscientious about this type of thing, but he just let this slip by. All I could say was, well, that's an expensive mistake. Sheesh.

I finished the year with 1260.2 miles, 40 miles short of my goal. Considering what a slacker I was over the summer, I'll count it as a win.

Judy - I used the training log here for the first time this year, and it totaled my minutes for me. It was cool to see!

Vicki - good luck tomorrow!

Damaris - I hope the kitties continue to improve.

Karen - that's some impressive mileage.

Tessa - that's too bad about your RN's son. My Saturday RB was saying that she thinks her nephew might be gay, and was saying that she was glad that his family would be accepting if that turns out to be the case.

Lisa - yay on some miles!

Off to do some cleaning up - the living room still has the boys' Christmas loot spread around it. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

LC Runs

Happy New Year's Eve

Just finished 5 on the treadmill, was hoping to head outside but with the wind chill in the negative digits, I just decided the TM would be easier and safer.  Finished with some planks, pushups and squats.

Carol - good luck and enjoy the race today!

Judy - wow, congrats on the 20 years of running!  That stinks about the car, I am hoping mine lasts a couple of more years, I so love not having a car payment.

Damaris - enjoy the run and the party tonight!

Sugarland - oh, a NY Day race sounds fun!  I think we may do a movie and lunch out tomorrow.  Doubt I'll stay up till midnight tonight, though I'll try lol

Cindy - that's a great 2014 goal.  I need to do the same with my kids

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, sucks about the car, hope they can keep it running a bit longer. I hope it runs indefinitely -- like its owner!

Thanks for the explanation on chicken shots, everyone. I was confused. Yay Lisa for signing up for Detroit!

Damaris, hope the cats cooperate with the new nutrition regime. Ours have been doing better since they were switched to a duck-and-potato kibble rather than the supermarket stuff we were using.

SugarLand, we tend to watch the ball drop at 9 PM our time and say "Happy new year" and go to bed, much to the kids' chagrin. Good luck with your half!

Cindy, I would want to clobber DH too. We buy tires at Costco so every so often I drop the car off to have the tires checked, inflated, rotated, etc. while I'm shopping. Hope you can get your boys to be more active. I would like my kids to do more too.

4 this morning with RN then 4 more to the post office and back. I originally wanted to do 6 to go pick up DS's prescription, but halfway to the post office I realised I didn't have my driver's license with me and I need it to pick up the meds. So post office and back home. I'll go to CVS later today.

This year's mileage is nowhere near as good as last and I wish it was more, but I know why it dropped. On to 2014.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all, trying to stick to my "not running today" plan, although the sun is shining and I'm about done with work for the day. I think I'll do a longer bike ride instead. On the trainer, because while running with temps in the 30s is good, riding is freaking cold. I spent my last morning of the year at the doctor, getting the whole mammogram/pap smear/exam works taken care of. Sick leave doesn't carry over from year to year so I might as well use up some of 2013s while I've still got it.

DDog is doing well. He's recovering nicely from his surgery, his bladder infection has cleared up, and now he's on drugs for the next two months to shrink his prostate. One is actually a chemo drug, which causes nausea, so he also get an anti-nausea drug every day. So far he's still falling for the pill hidden in a piece of bread trick.

Judy, sorry about more car trouble!

Damaris, hope the kitties continue to improve. Have fun tonight.

Sugarland, I'm going to have to hit you up for the best running and races assuming we move to The Woodlands. Still hoping DH can weasel into a work-from-home job and not have to move, but chances are we'll be heading south in 2015 or 2016 latest.

Cindy, nice running this year! And getting more active with the kids is a great plan. It's easy to forget growing up without video games, with limited TV, where we just played and ran around and rode bikes all the time.

LC, you've been really good with getting in planks and squats and such lately. I'm going to try to be more like you in 2014!

Tessa, I love the way you literally run your errands. Even though I'm only 2 miles from the nearest grocery store, the thought to run there and back never crosses my mind. I will run circles around my neighborhood when I could probably run from one end of town to the other. Hmm, perhaps in 2014 I can try to be more like you!

Lisa, congrats on signing up for Detroit. I won't be able to join you because I won a free entry into the Baltimore Marathon that same weekend!! The Baltimore 10 Miler had a contest, and I got a bunch of former RWOL Masters posters on facebook to help me out trying to get 50% off my 10 Miler entry. Not only did I get that, I was one of the top 3 overall so I got a free entry into the Baltimore Running Festival!

One week from today I get on a plane for Disney!!! Looking forward more to spending time with my family than the actual Disney park. Mom gave all of us kids money for Christmas to buy Disney tickets - those things are expensive! Although we don't need the money, it was sweet of my parents to do that.

No big NYE plans here. We were invited to dinner with a group of friends, but neither one of us really wanted to go (DH, with his recent run of car accidents, doesn't even want to be near the roads tonight). It will be a quiet night, which is good with me. That reminds me, I need to get dinner started in the crockpot.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well the hip hurt some yesterday doing an overhead leg move in Pilates that has a lot if resistance so I decided not to run today.  We hadn't done this particular move in a long time and it was at the end of my session. I actually had to stop part way in the move as I really couldn't complete it. Damn hip. I didn't want to reinjure and knew I had to not do it or I would have gotten hurt.

Ended the the year with 3422.1 miles. If I hadn't been injured I'd actually have gotten over 4000. Still, I am pleased with the 3422!

Ginny sorry on the continued issues. Hope it heals fast

Judy my car isn't acting up but is getting older. it has had a few minor issues so I'm probably going to have to get a new one next year. I've had this one for longer than any other car I've owned. I don't want to have a car payment again. The car I have us foreign (Jaguar) so if sonething goes it will be expensive. I just wonder if I will get my discount. My dad was an executive at Ford so we get the cars at cost. He only gets so many discounts a year. Since he bought a new car and his wife got a second car (she has 2!!!!!! Now) I'm not sure if he has to wait to give me a code to use or not. If it is calendar year I will be good but I'm not sure. I think he gets 2 a year. I love my Jag but can't get another since Ford doesn't own Jaguar any more. Not sure what I will get. I do live the huge discount though.  Can't get anything cheaper as the dealerships can't offer them at the price we pay.

Cindy ouch. That us expensive. I hate tire issues.

Karen glad lad doggie is better

Tessa yes, on to 2014!  Hope it is a good year for you.

Marjorie

Happy New Years Eve. The 5k went fine.   Bone chilling cold and wind made it worse but 35 minutes with running/walking.   I think it was 18 before the windchill factored in.  A bit icy too so tried to keep to the snowy parts of road. Fun race to end the year. Grands coming over and I expect to be sleeping by 10.

Have be a safe night!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Happy New years Eve to all!

Judy - Great job on 20 years of running!!!

Damarias - Hope you get your 5-8 in and have a fun party!

sugarland - Enjoy your half marathon!

Cindy - I like your "goal" of being more active with the boys!

LCruns - It is sooooo cold....I haven't heard what kind of a turnout they had for Res. Run - I head the rail trail was a sheet of ice tho!  Good for you on your TM/squats/planks/pushups!

Tessa - Glad you were able to get a run in with RN!

Karen - Which race are you doing at Disney?

Marjorie - Sorry on the sore hip Sad

Lisa - Nice 5k today!!!  Was it on Belle Isle?  I bet that was freezing with that wind.  So nice to see you doing races and signing up for Detroit!!!

Went and did the 8k Res. Run....or lets say WALK, in my case today :0   I made it about 1/2 mile and the pain started, ended up walking most of the race because of the pain....so disappointed.  I don't care about the race, I care about the "not being able to run thing".   Not sure what I am going to do from here...

Quiet night here....I know I won't be staying awake until midnight!

Carol

Happy new year to all!  Won't be sad to see the backside of 2013.  Hoping for great things for everyone in 2014!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy New Year everyone! I just got back from the last run of 2013. I hope 2014 is less, mmmh, interesting than 2013.