Womens Running

Friday!! We have missed you! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Seloc

OMG Laura, that is so scary!  My stomach dropped when I read that!  I'm glad she is safe and really hope they get that asshat.  Clearly he wants to be caught in the colorful attire.  Doesn't sound like he can hide anywhere.

Cathy - thank you so much for the offer of a pit stop but I would fly to DTW.  Flights are usually pretty cheap since MSP and DTW are both Delta hubs.  Coworker that calls in sick all the time is male.  Apparently he has some condition where he has to sleep all the time?  It's very strange.  But, because it is supposedly health related, you can't say anything.  OMG that is so scary about the person getting clocked on the head while running!  What is going on lately?  Lizzie IS the cookie monster!  Happy Birthday on Sunday!  Any fun plans to celebrate this weekend?

Ginny - awww bummer trainer guy is leaving!

Tessa - safe flight and good luck!!

Karen - okay, I have to laugh.  I went to the website of your race and for one could not find the city anywhere to stalk the weather.  Then, I couldn't even figure out the day since it says March 3rd but their countdown timer thingy says the race starts in 1day and 21hours LOL.  I *think* it's tomorrow?  Doesn't look like we can track either so will just have to wait for your awesome race report!  Good luck!!

Damaris - glad DH is doing well!

Go Lizzie go!  Call in T-5min.  Sending you all sorts of positive vibes, girlie!!

Quick Friday check-in.  WFH, getting a slow start.  SRD today so slept in a bit.  Fixed oatmeal, which my birds love, so they had to have oatmeal too.

Lizzie, hope the phone interview goes well!  Gives you something to fret about besides the race, right?    You will do great at both!

Karen, happy racing to you this weekend too!

Lisa, enjoyed the RR!  Sounds like a great adventure, although the sand would have bugged me.  Yay on 100k, but looks like Woodstock is the same weekend as Tahoe 200, where I'll be volunteering, so I cannot join you.  And I dunno about those loops...

Ginny, Seloc -- that would be a hoot if you all joined Lisa at Woodstock!

Carol, fun that you did the race with your DD.  I am not a Disney person so I'm a none and done for those things.

Damaris, glad to hear hubby is recovering well.

Judy, nice run and birdwatching.

Tessa, I think I'm going to pass on Crater Lake this year, not ready to commit to anything in August just yet.  But will be interested in your RR.

Turtles, your birthday is this weekend?  Start celebrating, birthday girl!   

LC, so sorry to hear about the shooter at your DD's school.  Just terrible.  Sounds like she's okay, but still, so scary and stressful.  Hugs!

Okay, enough stalling, off to work!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Quickie check in.

Lizzie, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!  Report back woman.

Lisa, I'm pretty sure I will have the PTO for Woodstock.  Now I just hope the airfare goes down, though it isn't horrendous.

Carol, glad FL was fun.

Judy, bummer about the storm, enjoy in home yoga.

Sandy, do the 50K!!!  I am if I go, and I am pretty sure I will.  Who needs money anyways.

Damaris, glad DH is doing well.

Tessa, I have a friend who I think now is a 50 stater, and Crater Lake is her all time favorite.

Ginny, bummer about your trainer leaving, but cool for him.

Cathy, how frightening about the runner.

Laura, thoughts for DD and that they catch the kid and quickly.

Margaret, your birds are a hoot.

Set my alarm to get up at 7am to check into my flight - it is Southwest, so I try hard to check in ASAP so I am not last on the plane and in a middle seat.  Since I am doing the race immediately after I land, I don't want to do checked bags if possible.  6 days in Vegas, with a race - carryon might be a stretch.

Just finished my coffee so I must get up and clean/start packing, though I have to do a load of laundry tonight still for pants.

Ahhh, for once I can say TGIF!  6 days off, though conferences aren't really days off...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this is the race that was short last year, and yes, the countdown timer is wrong. Not wxactly confidence inspiring. I thought I saw race tracking on their Facebook, but not sure. Weather looks good, the town is The Woodlands, so I guess that is why they don’t mention it on their website. I will give them a pass on that. The countdown timer not so much....

at the expo now, not much else but landed for the day

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Quick check-in, hoping to get back here regularly now when things are more or less sorted out Smile Trying to juggle everything (K, work, floorball, running) as always, with mixed success. Losing motivation/willpower for a split second seems to send this whole combo crushing down, it seems; and then getting back takes 5x more time. So trying to not let go anymore Smile In nutshell : K - her peaceful attitude and smiling at everything everything is amazing Smile; work - craaazy as always [meeting boss for a beer or two on Sunday; really hoping to get smth similar to small feedback, you know]; floorball - last 6 weeks of the season so showtiime; running - trying to regain consistency.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am not going to quit today. I am not going to quit today. I am not going to quit today. This company is so f***ked up. An issue blew up this morning - that didn't need to be - and it had me all stressed out! These upper management people freak out over EVERYTHING. Like seriously I am going to mail them some marijuana because they all need some. Upper management asked us to forge some documents (audit paperwork) and I didn't want any part of it so of course I got sccrreeammmedddd at. This place... 

Can I go run 26 miles right now? Because I really think I could in record time. LOL.

OH the phone interview. I think this guy (my interviewers boss) wanted to get to know me. He said it was more of a formality than anything and that he trusted his teams opinion - which he said were in my favor!!!  He asked mostly the same questions I was asked before and then a few more. I was really nervous and you could hear it in my voice. Very shaky. But oh well..it was because of the crazy morning I had and I did not feel prepared. I didn't have anytime to go over what I had written down. Anyway..hope things are still in my favor . I sent them both a very nice thank you note again. I should hear something next week they said. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!! FINGERS FREAKING CROSSED!

I popped an anti anxiety pull so things are smoooooooooooth sailing for me right now. LOL Smile

Lisa – 100K?! Go you! If I ran trails I would have considered! Haha.

Karen – GOOD LUCK TOMORROW KAREN!!!! WOOHOOOO

Carol – Nice job on the Disney Princess Challenge! I loved your adorable pictures on Facebook!! Pittsburg..is on my bucket list. I guess SUDC is trying to become a charity on that marathon. A friend of mine’s child died from SUDC and she asked me to run it next year in honor of her daughter-  how can I say no to that! Good to hear from you and glad you had a good time in Florida!

Sandy – Nice workout today! I was thinking about you this morning and knew you were going to go to a TRX class Smile Are you going to the game tonight? How far are you going tomorrow?! The 30’s sound awesome!! I am laughing because I had the SAME THOUGHTS when I was stalking Karen’s race this morning!!! I had to check the date to make sure because I was confused about the countdown timer! LOL. I didn’t see any tracking either Sad

Docket – Glad hubby is doing well! Good luck on the run tonight.

Tessa – You pulled a Liz this morning with that run in the wee hours! LOL. Laughed about your note hahaha. Have a safe flight and a GREAT RACE!!!

Ginny – Wow, awesome for your trainer. What a great opportunity! Did he give you someone else to use in the interim?

Cathy – Glad you are enjoying the cookies! Smile I had sent Sandy some for her birthday, too: ) OMG on the runner! Do they have any idea who did it? What did they hit him with? Is he okay? I don’t understand what the point of that would be? Random. Hope he is okay! I agree on your ultra conservative approach..I commend you for doing it. That is hard work in itself – to keep yourself from running when you want too. That is scary that they are doing the training at the elementary school – but you know what, I am glad they are! I keep saying we need active shooter drills here.

Laura – That is AWFUL about DD’s school! Coincidently, my youngest cousin goes to that school. He is okay too. He doesn’t live on campus. Wow. This is a scary world and one of the reasons I don’t want to bring a child into it. If its like this now, what is it going to be like 10 years from now?! Scary!! Keep us updated if you can!

Margaret – I let Ruger lick my oatmeal bowl when I am done Smile  Lucky you getting to WFH!

Kathryn – I wish you luck packing things for 6 days in a carryon. LOL. I wouldn’t be able to do it! At least you wont be at your normal workplace for 6 days Smile Have a safe flight and good luck on the half tomorrow!!

Happy Friyay - Send WINE

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Holy cats what a busy day...I'm neck deep into some statistical sampling of GL transactions.

Lizzie good luck on the job and race.

Karen good luck on the woodlands...here's to a full course this year.

Damaris nice DH is home recovering.

I got 5 in on the TM.  Got my new Hoka Clayton 2's and tried them out.  Seem stiffer than the Clifton 3's but so far so good...they are a BRIGHT orange.  They are my TM/road shoe.  I also got new Altra's in as the ones I have are worn down.  Also a road shoe as I currently have 6 different trail shoes...lol.

My Garmin is driving me crazy right now...it's about 2 or so years old and they did an update and not I can't seem to hold a charge longer than a day.  Last night charged to 100%...in the am it was already at 54%...come on.  I need one with much longer battery life for the ultras...if PH took 12 hours then a 50 mile might be at least 16 hours and I want to watch my HR during.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice unplanned 3 day weekend. Too bad Baltimore City took their sweet time announcing a closing, so I got up & showered before they made the decision to close. Got in 8 on the treadmill this morning and did some strength training this afternoon. Winds are really whipping around, all sorts of noise & creaking.

LCRuns, glad your DD is ok. Very scary.

Lizzie, hope you hear something soon.

GatsbyBird, do the birds get their own bowls of oatmeal?

dhuffman63

Trails

Contacted Garmin and it seems my watch is faulty and they are sending me a new one!  Thank goodness as I really didn't want to fork over any more $ after buying new shoes.

LC Runs

Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes, DD is home and all is well!  She was able to go back to her dorm around 2:30 and left for home a bit later.  Last I checked, they had still not caught the shooter.  What a crazy and sad situation, killed his parents in his dorm room, guess the dad was a police officer in Illinois.

Sandy - thank you, she is home safe and sound.  Seems to be okay with all of it, she said it kind of seemed surreal.

Margaret - glad you got to sleep in a bit!!!  My puppy cried most of the night so I did not sleep well at all.  Hopefully, more sleep for me tonight!

Kat - yeah for 6 days off!!

Karen  - good luck!!  Hope they measure the course correctly this year!!

Elina- you have a lot to juggle, I bet K is at such a cute age!!

Lizzie - fingers crossed with you!!

Diane - glad they are sending you a new Garmin, so frustrating!!

Kupcakes- whoo hoo on the 3 day weekend!!

GatsbyBird, do the birds get their own bowls of oatmeal?

No, that would require too much clean up.    They take turns eating from my spoon.  (Yes, we share utensils, or they eat from my dish.  They're inside creatures, very clean.)

Lizzie, good for you for not falsifying documentation.  Really hope that other job comes through.

Kilmisters, from over here, it looks like you're doing a great job of juggling.

Karen, I forget, did they give you a discount on this race due to the snafu last year?  Have fun tomorrow!

DHuff, nice that Garmin is so responsive!

LC, such a sad situation for many reasons.  Hope your DD (and you!) are processing it okay.  Kind of a hard thing to process...

Tessa, Lizzie -- have great races on Sunday!

Having one of HD's home-brews and pondering what to do for dinner.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, oh gosh, how awful. Maybe it was grades they were fighting about?

Kat, on Southwest, you can pay $15 each way for early bird and it is usually A group. Worth it.

In Tampa. Run tomorrow,  race on Sunday!

Docket_Rocket

Laura, oh, no!  So scary!

Karen, good luck with the race, the timer and the distance!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page