Womens Running

SMILE, Its FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

LC Runs

Happy Friyay!!  I had an extra nice week since I only had to work T,W Th!

5.5 this morning.  I did not run mid week, ugh.  I am determined to have a better running month in June. And, be better about posting here!

Lunch today with my friend (co worker who left about a month ago).  It was nice to catch up, I miss her!  My job is going okay, it's quieted down a bit and the big wigs are so busy with other problems so I've pretty much been left alone.  Still don't know what the future plan is for this position, it's fine doing it by myself now but I don't want to be doing all of that driving next winter.  I guess we'll see.

10K tomorrow morning, was supposed to do the Half but I have just not been putting in the effort to run long.  I need to get some consistent miles in before I think about a longer race.  Supposed to be cloudy and humid, possible storms so a 10 k sounds better lol

LIzzie - yum, ice cream after a run sounds awesome!  That is so great you've been able to kick the smoking habit!  Enjoy the beach!!

Susan - enjoy the rest day!

Sandy - whoo hoo for summer weather!!!  No graduates in my family this year, though I think I have 5 or 6 open house invitations.

Cathy - enjoy the beautiful weekend and baby shower!

Hi Kupcakes!

Karen - I wish I had a Body Pump class, I took a similar class a few years ago and loved it and then they stopped having it.  Your rock idea is so cool!  Arrgggh on the jeans, the men in this household are the same way!!!!  My older son is the worst, makes me crazy!

Damaris - how was the interview?  Crossing fingers!

Docket_Rocket

They already called my analyst and he said they interviewed him for 30 minutes to ask about me  Eek!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

woot woot Damaris, root root rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Damaris, that's a really good sign that they're moving that fast! Eek, indeed.

You could be moving someplace with seasons! And one of my favorite marathons! And seasons!

Laura, a 10K does sound better than a half in those conditions, especially if you haven't been running long much. Have fun!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

At this pace I might DRIVE to the chicago marathon!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I took a Greyhound bus from Indy Monumental up to Chicago (I raced a 15K there the next day). It was like $20. I was surprised how easy it was - I kinda liked it. I did get a friend to drop at the bus station though, as I don't think it was in the best part of town.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Did Hatha Yoga last night (pretty much standard yoga) and pulled an URD today since DD was packing up and then just never worked to get out for anything. I opted to call around vs driving out to places and then being stuck with a gorgeous weather Friday afternoon traffic heading out of metro Detroit to Abhay's place. I can look at places another day. Sat on the deck sipping water and keeping an eye on email.

The owner of condo are connected to one of my coworker. Owner is in her 80's and lives in a senior apartment. With it but needs to have some support. She wants to sell condo to have money in her bank account. Understandable. I have yet to be given a price though. Have had quotes given to me for carpet, painting, windows and researched countertops/sinks to replace the original (28 years old) stuff that is in there. I've been renting without any formal or even written type of agreement. The place certainly needs updating. It's convenient for work and the airport and would be nice not to have to move of course. The biggest thing for me is the idea that I could be somewhere that running in morning would be a bit prettier than now (running past the Krispy Kreme donut place is the highlight; it's just pretty gross and I don't ever feel all that safe and I have NEVER seen anyone else out running. NEVER. So I feel like a complete oddity.). Being only 10-20 minutes from at least one of the parks would mean that I could run at them after work. Which might be the case with the longer commute. Things are pretty much in limbo though since the coworker's mom passed away fairly unexpectedly and now there is stuff with the dad and other relatives going on. I'm not about to push anything about the condo for obvious reasons so no rush to change anything from status quo. They are giving me first option to buy but haven't given a price yet so nothing is really happening. If I opt to not buy I guess they will put on market but no timetable for that. I just think that the comps for the condo are kind of dumb high for the location. They are what they are but don't seem worth it to me plus they would have to allow for the updating to be done. That's all the housing stuff. LOL

Liz-happy engagement anniversary!! I think you earned the ice cream today!

Sue-Hope Skye was good!

Damaris-love the hat! Congrats on the references being done! Typically a very good sign!

Laura-have fun with the 10k!

Sandy-bummer on the hamstring flaring up. I happen to know some runners who have axes. Not sure how welcoming that is. LOL The coworker was saying that she thought the cat would stay since it has really only known that place. I told her that we were going to have a custody war then. LOL I think she just didn't want me to feel I was stuck with the cat named Turkey who sits outside of the shower meowing for me when I am in there. How could I leave her behind? Apparently she never used to come out for coworker's daughter's family when they lived there. I'm no help with picking the race for you. But, Milwaukee seems like a good in between.

Cathy-I found that I had to just "let go" of thinking about the step thing. It was like "I do this everyday.. get in the miles every week... take the stairs every day...just let them have their pretend accomplishments and maybe something will stick."  I had one woman question me about my steps after having done the 100k... how was I possibly still getting so many (obviously not AS many or immediately following but as month went on). I told her that I was that was the thing. I felt pretty good so was going to do the 100 mile next year since the 100k went so well. She does Tri's so that actually made sense to her but at first she was questioning my pedometer. Whatever. Just let it go.

Judy-hope you are comfortable getting out more!

Karen-I also have flexibility to work one day / week from home and to pretty much start / stop when I want each day so could miss a lot of the traffic. Good news on that CT scan. Squatter rights are good to have. LOL CRACKING up over the laundry hamper thing... and wearing them off of the floor.

Kat-that is awesome on the minimal muscle soreness. Will figure out those blisters!

Carol-nice work on the 20. What is so rough about recovery for you?

HCK2-hope those tornados stay away!

Tessa-good to hear from you. My brother Eugene (from Vegas) is involved in the D-Day Squadron Commemoration. Thought you might find it interesting and know you're not on Facebook. He group texted us siblings a short time ago with photos from above London and flying over the Dover cliffs.

Pacific NW pilots will fly a special plane in D-Day & Berlin Airlift commemorations

75 Years After D-Day, Planes Fly Off for ‘Never Seen Before’ World War II Commemoration

Lisa