Womens Running

Still weekend! (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy - I am having champagne with dinner tonight BTW Smile Hope you are having a great time at your friends place!! Smile OH and yes I had two Reeses eggs today. THEY ARE THE BEST!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, went up to my parents. My mom and I went to the outlets and I did get a Nike 1/4 zip for a pretty good price. A little over 10 today, 4 of them at marathon pace and 3 at HM pace. I had on a tank top, we're supposed to get snow by morning. I wish that was an April Fool's joke.

GatsbyBird, nice race! Looks very pretty.

Lizzie, hope HCBF is feeling better. I've gotten chills running in hot races, usually 5ks. I just assume it has been heat related, I drink a ton of water.

LCRuns, love the dog picture!

Docket_Rocket

Liz, that food sounds amazing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Dang Sandy, that's cold.

Dang Margaret, that's as hot as it was here! Thanks for the apple picture instructions, I knew how to do it on a PC but hadn't figured it out on my Mac.

Liz, freaky what happened with HCBF. Whatever it was, hope it doesn't happen again. Your dinner sounded awesome. We did chicken on the grill, which was pretty tasty, along with pasta salad and lima beans. I despise lime beans, so I had double pasta salad. DH really likes them though and I've never made them for him, so I bought them at the store a few weeks ago. He ate them all and said something about the next time I make them, and I said I'd try to remember that in another 24 years when I make them again.

Diana, great race report. I go back and forth on that one - everyone says it's so inspirational and emotional and to do it while there are still survivors left, but I don't know.

Laura, awwww, congrats on keeping the foster dog.

Damaris, wow, nice job on the TM run and on the mileage in general lately.

My long run ended at 16 miles. I didn't get out until after 10 am, and while it wasn't super humid, it was already in the mid-70s and was in the 80s when I finished, full sun. The last couple miles I had to stop and sit down once to catch my breath and also walk once to catch my breath. I decided on the fly that I was going to go with the Hanson thought that 16 on tired legs is far enough. And since I ran 9 total yesterday with 6.2 of them a little faster than tempo pace, legs were tired and so was I. Tapering in full force now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Damaris, I know this is getting old, but how on earth can 11mi pass so easily to you is beyond me. We were watching WTA Miami finals the other day and I was telling DH about how the temps leave you w no other option than TM. He was impressed. He also asked whether stepping out there for 42k isn't problematic in terms of adaptation.

Margaret, good luck on the 50k! As for hills and walking or climbing them... Undecided about my strategy for 10k trail run. Theoretically 10k isn't too far and I could risk it and try to run all the hills. On the other hand, when I did that a couple of years ago in my so far only trail run, the ''oh hhheeeell no'' feeling for legs set in already in mile 2.

Sandy, there have been lots of injuries to key guys in NHL recently, but Suter one made everyone say ''yeah, Wild is done''. He is just too important for them. As for Easter treats, we, grownups, ate wwwaaaaay too much Big grin

Lizzie, good to hear a qualified opinion from HCBF's sis, I am sure it is nothing serious. Rainy runs are awesome except for the fact that I always start to shiver at around mile 7, regardless of outwear.

Karen, embrace the taper!

Lazily sipping coffee, 2:30pm here. We had planned to drive to town 30mi from us for a trail run w change of scenery while in-laws are watching K, but it seems like DH is not a fan of this idea anymore. Oh well. Might run some miles here. Same streets/trails over and over again - 1st world problems of running almost every day and covering all the routes there are within week.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris