Cardio Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Two long runs over the last 3 days (60 and 70 minutes) because I knew I would be getting the car fixed today and tomorrow at least.

Cardio workout planned for both those days. Smile

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, good luck with the car.  Wasn't it just in the shop last week?  I hate car troubles.

Lisa, it made my day to read a race report from you!  I think the pics are great! But…you skipped the chocolate???

AmyD, congrats on the PR!! It’s nice that your girls volunteered!  I agree that you can train tummy (a bit anyway) to take in sugars. Mine was a terrible problem when I first started doing longer distance.  Like you, I take in a few sips of sports drink and use the strawberry bloks-they are mildest  flavored and I take just a couple at a time.  I don’t take the sports drink and bloks close together.  Before I could tolerate the sports drinks, I used to cut up fig newtons and take a bite every mile or two.  Good luck!

Sue, it sounds like you had a great weekend!

Marjorie, it’s great that your shopping is done.  Mine is simple since my siblings and I agreed to stop exchanging gifts.  I love to buy for DD and pick up little things all year and stick them in a closet. : )  I do exchange with late hubby’s family, but I find them easier than mine, oddly enough and there are fewer.

Laura, I hope you weren’t in the bad storms.  I’m glad you had a relaxing day!

Karen, awesome time!! I love to read about our speedster!  Good luck next weekend.

Gatsby, it's so nice of you to help your friend. I know  that it's greatly appreciated.

I'll catch up more later.  I was just at my mom's for 3 days and don't need to go back till Friday. : )

Modified to add:

Tessa, I thought of you when I saw a great pic of the "Trapper Moon" over Alaska mountains yesterday. I can't find the pic today.: (   Found it. I's the "Beaver Moon," not Trapper Moon. My memory is short.  : )  http://www.alaskadispatch.com/slideshow/photos-beaver-moon-2013-rises-over-alaskas-largest-city

BTW, bummer on your husband not being able to take a van.

ajdx5

I'm going to have to look not the fun newton thing - I'm complicated tho b/c I'm gluten free - I don't have tummy issues with the ultras I've done b/c I take in carbs like potatoes, corn chips, a few slugs of Coke… also going to check out the Perpetuem & Hammer stuff...

Today I'm catching up on housework  & running errands.  That's XT, right?

LC Runs

Happy Monday!

No run for me this morning, too windy outside and not real motivated to use the TM.  I am taking my gear to work, will plan on 3-4 after work.  Have Fusion class tonight.

Storms were pretty bad here, I got drenched when loading my car at the grocery store.  I actually don't know if it stormed overnight cause I slept like a rock lol.  Still windy and a bit wet this am.

Judy - nice weekend running!

Camille - enjoy the caretaker reprieve Smile

Bikerchick1

Morning All!

Back from the big wedding week-end Smile   Things went awesome, weather cooperated.....Big grin....we really dodged that bullet, rain started about 10pm on Saturday night, and then very severe weather.  I am thankful it is over, DD was beautiful, and said everything went perfect.....Groom's mother....yep, she is everything my DD said she would be....I was AMAZED(not in a good way either)...but we didn't let it impact anything.

Ran on Thursday before I left, no run since.  Will get out today for a run.

Sorry, again no personals....will check back later to see what everything is up to!

Carol

Wow!  Get out the hip waders!  It was pouring buckets this morning, so I skipped group power class (which may not have occurred anyway) and slept.  Oh I really needed to catch up on sleep.  Went to bed at 8pm last night and it was fabulous.  Drug the dogs down the street this morning bc they refused to swim out in the back yard to do their business.

One of the bosses from HQ is supposed to be here this morning.  I think he won't be here till tomorrow.  Wait and see.

Carol--glad the wedding went well.  Saw some pics on fb.

Wow AmyDel--what race was that?

Judy--hope your car is ready today.

I managed to bake DS2's coconut birthday cake yesterday.  He was really happy about that.  He will be 21 tomorrow.  I made the cake so he could take it back to school and share with his friends.

Have a great day everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

It's going to be an easy week for me. Until Saturday. Bike tonight, easy runs Tuesday and Wednesday, either easy bike or rest Thursday, rest Friday, JFK 50 on Saturday. I've been watching the weather for Saturday the last couple days and the lows have been anywhere from 29 to 42, highs or 45-60, winds of calm to 15-20, and rain chance from 0 to 70%. This is not making planning easier, especially since there are no drop bags, I expect to be out for 9-10 hours, and I don't have a support crew.

Judy, still car problems? That stinks.

Carol, I'm so glad the wedding went well! I liked the pictures that Aly took that you posted on facebook.

Amy, congrats on the marathon PR! I don't have much advice on fueling/nausea. I usually do a Gu every 5 or so miles, water to wash it down and Gatorade/water at the other aid stations depending on how I feel. Generally that works, but there have been a few times (like NJ Marathon in May) where my stomach has just revolted and I had slow way down or walk and just sip water slowly instead of gulping it down. What was different then? I have no idea, which is what makes it so frustrating.

Sounds like storms everywhere this weekend. They came through here about 3 a.m. and woke me up. My nephew in central Illinois said he was pretty sure they were getting hit by a Tropical Storm. Having seen the news I'm so glad to say that my entire family is safe. Storms where they were, but they've seen worse. Looks like the worst went a little to the north of them.

Excited - tonight I am picking up my first order of groceries done online! I hope this works out, because it will be so much easier than hitting the grocery store.

Better get back to work. Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, glad to hear that your family is safe.

Carol, so glad you dodged that rain/wind bullet!

Marjorie, the dogs must be funny when you make popcorn.

Susan, nice camping trip, I think 7 (one loop) sounds much more fun than 2 loops on the same trail.

Lisa, YAY for the 5K! Even though the line for chocolate was too long.

Hi Judy, Laura, Amy, GatsbyBird, Damaris, Camille, and anyone I missed.

5.5 this morning with RN, full moon so we went up a loop that doesn't have lights all the way. She had never been on that one even though it is runnable from our houses. Then took DH to radiation therapy. He hates it and is talking about quitting it. Not sure it has sunk in that if he quits it the cancer will continue to eat away his nose and eventually spread through his face if he is still alive. He also has taken to taking showers several times a day even when there is nobody in the house to help him, and he can't get out and dry off by himself. He fell over the weekend. There is now a head-shaped dent in the bathroom wall. His head is fine, the drywall is not so great. So now we are turning off the water when we leave the house so he cannot get into the shower and slip and fall. *whistles innocently*

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Long day. Just got home as I had to do hoa meeting.

No run Mondays were my rest days before. I'm trying to do that again.  Did an hour Pilates.

Nice ce race report Amy

great pics Lisa.

Camille how us your mom?

Laura sleeping is great. Hope the damage in the area wasn't bad.

Carol ol glad the wedding went well.

Tessa yep. Quincy parks himself right I. Front of the stove. He knows he will get a little bIt.

Marjorie