Womens Running

Late Start Thursday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

E_rainrun- what part of OR? My guess would be that its the Portland area, eastern OR is pretty desolate.  I live in central WA. My DH works crazy rotating shifts so I am pretty much always on baby duty, however it works out sometimes, like this week, so DH can stay home with R when he's sick and neither of us have to use our sick leave.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I don't love the crock pot either, but with my work schedule plus having 2 kids that want to eat the second they walk through the door, I've just given in to it being the best option right now.  It takes a load of stress off me to have a bunch of meals prepped and ready to pop in from the freezer.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Spike -Bend OR.  Hope R feels better, but glad you have a break. Tired moms unite =)I'm  trying not to be cranky and complainy at the end of this week.  AF coming too which doesn't help...Coming up I don't see DH having any extra days off  till the day of our marathon.  Over the past 8 months  have had only a few times of getting 3 nights off in a row/not doing 5 nights straight.

I am always so inspired by all you ladies! Crockpot meals, perogies, glazed pork chops...Hehehe, I only have 1 kiddo and feel like I am always winging it.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

superspike113

Honorary Old

E_rainrun- I Loooooove Bend! Its high desert there. In the middle of BFE but kind of a fancy resort area so I'm sure there are amenities, and recreation out the yinyang. Its a running mecca- Lauren Fleishman trains there.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - the glitter wasn't that bad, it was on the laminate floor section so easily wiped up.  I would say there's a bigger glitter explosion around my desk from all my manicures.  It amazes me that R will sit through a movie, B hasn't ever sat through one and SIL of course implied at B's party that we were losers for never having taken B to the movie theatre yet.

e_rain - thankfully B isn't usually in the habit of getting up early and normally I wouldn't care, since I get up at 5, but it threw me off my sleep-in.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: 6 miles between PT clients this morning. It was warmer out than they had forecast, and I probably could have run in capris. Looking forward to packing away the winter running clothes!

TR: thinks that every time I pee, we must clean the toilet. He will point to the brush and say "clean potty." Ha- he definitely gets his neat freak tendencies from his mama.

NRR: grocery shopped this morning, not sure what we're going to do this afternoon. It's cold, damp and rainy- so we'll probably just hang out. I have a wicked headache that won't go away, hoping that lunch helps. It's weather-related, which is annoying. I never take anything for it either, even when not pregnant, because I hate taking pills.

FR: bought more golden beets at the grocery store today, and can't wait to roast them later!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R must have gotten my TV watching gene. I get totally engrossed by the tv and block out everything else, or I fall asleep. We haven't taken him to the movies yet. I'm going to the movies tomorrow which will be the first time in over a year- last movie was either the first Hunger Games movie or this movie I went with DH to about people who grew marijuana that had Blake Lively and Salma Hyek in it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I need to clean my bathrooms badly, but now I'm glad that I was lazy this weekend and never got around since R is sick and got puke everywhere last night, and I will have to clean them today anyways. I haven't tried golden beets, do they taste different than red?

runnergirl9508

Ernie- hooray for getting some extra sleep today! I love getting to the point of feeling like 5 miles is a short run. Wow, I'm impressed that S eats tuna! R has eaten shrimp and haddock a couple of times. WTF on the TTC comment. I would have throat-punched that lady. We didn't say a word to anyone when we were TTC, as we didn't want the constant "are you pg yet?" and the "helpful" advice. Both times it was fun to announce b/c no one knew.

Zorbs- boo on the broken snow globe. was it an accident? enjoy your SRD today- total rest day?

Mer- have a great run later. That's awesome that DH will join you on Saturday for your run. I had my DH bike alongside me a couple of times when I did LR's and the company was nice. Lol on H hating bananas. R actually loved his veggies more- avocado, sweet potato, squash. Oh no on J falling out of his chair. R has fallen a couple of times too, silly boys need to learn to sit still! Have fun at book club tonight- good food and wine!

CA- boo on the snow!!! winter needs to go away! ugh on the slow bedtime routine. we've always been very  business-like with R's bedtime. Bath, pj's, stories for 15-20 minutes, then hugs goodnight and into bed. We stick to the same bedtime even when we travel as it keeps him happier, plus his naps are usually shorter so he's ready for bed at his normal time. Aww, cute on the "tanks" from O!

spike- ugh on the wind- it's been making it so bitterly cold here. Oh no on R getting sick in his bed, hope he's feeling better today! I hope that the coffee helps and you're able to get some good sleep today! the golden beets are a little bit milder than the red ones. I like them much better.

E-rain- sorry to hear about your friend's mom, but what a great way to celebrate her life! Ugh, those middle of the night wakeups are tough when you can't fall back to sleep. I have been having insomnia off and on this pregnancy, and I fall asleep fine, but wake up around 1am and can't get back to sleep for over an hr. Have fun at the party tomorrow- sounds like a great opportunity!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - he took the snowglobe in bed with him.  We didn't hear a smash, so maybe it fell out of bed in the middle of the night.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RR - well I'm bailing on my lunch run again, it's snowing, icy and there are huge wind gusts going on.  I'll run on the treadmill at home.

E-rain - Does DH take over on night duty completely on the weekends?  Do you have family etc in MA, OR seems like a great place to live, espcecially as a runner.  The party tomorrow sounds awesome!

RG - nice run today!  I hope you can get rid of the headache, I don't usually take anything either, sucks when it's weather related though bc there isn't much you can do about that.  I'm very regimented w/ bedtime, but DH is more of a softie, he is more willing to give into an extra story or hug/kiss, etc.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

zorbs - J has this new obsession with taking random objects to bed.  Usually it is books, but DH said sometimes he has a flashlight or other little things he finds.  I think it is cute. When he takes books we tell him not to stay up too late reading!  (Not that he could see the pages anyway, but, hey, if it makes you happy, go for it!)  Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

zorbs - I am also shocked the snow globe wasn't broken sooner. S also drinks from glass cups just fine, but I'm sure she would throw the snow globe and break it within minutes. Boo on having your sleep in ruined! That is very disappointing when you don't often get to sleep in.

mer - A paved trail for your 13.1 should be nice! I often do my LRs on a paved trail because it's nice to have a change of scenery from my usual runs. Pureed bananas totally gross me out, and S was never a fan either. But she likes bananas in their normal form. Have fun at book club!

CA - Yuck on your snow storm! Happy first day of spring, eh? My DH is a total dawdler on the rare occasions he puts S to bed, and then she ends up getting all hyped up and won't go to sleep.

spike - Good that DH was home to help you with the puke situation. Pukey kid and sheets is really a two person job! Ugh, on all the questions about when you are having #2. I get that a lot, too. I'm not sure why people think it's okay to be so nosy about stuff like that.

e-rain - The memorial run/potluck sounds like a great idea. Awesome about the executive box party! Hope you can get to sleep faster after any wakeups tonight. I always thought that the wake ups themselves are not bad, it's when you are up for ages afterwards that kills you.

rg - It was -2C and snowing here this morning but I still wore carpis and was warm enough. I would LOVE to pack away my tights now, but don't trust the weather at all this year! Sorry about your headache, I hope it clears up soon. Does coffee help at all? Golden beets are yummy! I never see them at our grocery store, though, so we only really have them when they come in our CSA box. I have not told many people about TTC either, so who knows how burger lady found out, but probably from DH as he can be quite a chatty cathy.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15