Womens Running

Thinking Happy Thursday Thoughts (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Fall is my favorite season and it is approaching. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

SDO yesterday. I was somewhat sore from all the working out. Went out to dinner. I think DS is making the trip home so I could get some heavy lifting done. Big grin My microwave is 23 years old and the plug is starting to get hot when I use it. Tight lips I need to buy a new one. DS can do the lifting for me. I'd also like to get a new 6 quart crock pot. Mmmm...I could use help with defrosting the chest freezer.  ::Tonguelans forming in brain::: Big grin

Today will be a track run and then cardio at home. It is still humid here.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!  Running buddy Randy ran with me this morning.  Nice to have company and he keeps me going at a good pace.  Did 6 miles.  Enjoying the slight cool snap although I think it is about to end.  No rain since Sunday---woohoo!!!  Longest dry spell we have had in two months!  I really need to get some outside chores done this weekend.

Judy--have a good visit with DS.  Good that he can help you.

Think I will get a little knitting in before I go for the root canal.  Wish me luck!!

Hard to believe it has been eight years since Hurricane Katrina.  My house had 60.5" ( 5 feet + 1/2 inch) of water in it for 4+ hours.  What a mess.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Thankfully we were all safe and the "stuff" was replaced.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Morning!

Judy, nice the DS is coming to help with all your heavy lifting. And to spend some quality time with his mother, of course.

Susan, wow. I knew you live on the Gulf Coast, but I didn't realize your house was basically submerged during Katrina. That must have been a frightening and devastating thing to go through. Glad you made it through safe, sound and strong.

I'm about to head out for 7 recovery miles. I've sent off a resume to the woman that emailed me yesterday. It actually sounds like kind of a cool job. I'd have to embrace my inner geekiness - they do CRM and association management database stuff, and this would be a customer service/problem solving sort of job.

Having lunch with a friend today, plus a million errands to run, so I best get moving.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy-enjoy list making and delegating!

sue-8 years? Really? What a cleanup!

karen- time to be an engineer again!

Lisa

ginnyb

Judyruns....nice to have help this weekend.  Sounds like you will be getting a lot done.  I love Fall too, but hate what comes after!  Very, very muggy this morning.

Karen....how would you feel going back to work?  Kinda nice being off?  Hope you have a good 7 miler.

Sue....I didn't realize you were submerged during Katina either.

Morning Lisa.

3 muggy miles this morning and felt great!  So much better than Tuesday and no pain, it was only 3 miles though, hopefully I am fully recovered now.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Boston finally announced registration! They are increasing the field size by about 9,000 and registration starts Sept. 9 for those with a BQ-20. I'll be sitting at my computer with my credit card on Sept. 11 when they open for BQ-10. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, I'm so excited!

Ginny, mixed feelings. I'm really enjoying the time off and I'm honestly not looking very hard for a job. Yesterday during my 15 miler I kept thinking "how do people that work pull this plan off?" I honestly am liking the higher mileage I've been running and I've lost the 7 or so pounds I gained stress eating during the last few months of my job. And I have all these things I want to get done. And I just started getting my unemployment that I fought for. On the other hand, a salary would be nice. We'd been talking about going to Spain again with Mike's bike team, but I don't think we can both afford to go with just him working, for example.

Anyway, glad you're feeling back to normal.

7 done, may run a few more this afternoon and then cut tomorrow's run a little short as sort of a taper for Monday's marathon.

karen

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Got out for a very humid, slow 4.2 miles this morning, then core class at the Y. I am so sore from Tuesday's class!

Judy - enjoy the visit with DS.

Lisa - let us know how the dr appointment goes.

Crazysue - hope the root canal is uneventful.

Karen - sounds like an interesting job.

Ginny - glad the pain seems to be gone.

Off to shower and eat something. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

13.4 miles for me this am.

Sue I know it is hard to believe it was that long ago!

Karen the job sounds up your alley

Ginny sounds like the recovery is going well.

My inner geeky PT started working on a home study course for CEU's and it is all about running injuries, cycling and swimming.  I can handle that Smile  Interesting on what the evidence is showing why we slow down as we age.  Makes sense though as some of the range of motion leaves and tissue response etc.

Cindy good for you getting back to the Y.  But, the initial soreness is always a hard thing to get over.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Went out for 3.5 more easy miles. It looked like a nice evening for it, and it was. A little warm, but not nearly so humid. This will make it easier for my OCD mind to cut tomorrow's tempo run short, which I should do since I'm running a marathon on Monday.

Just before I went out, I got a phone call about a different job. Set up a phone interview for next Wednesday. Just when I'm really getting good at this unemployment thing, people start calling and emailing! This one is a trade association job downtown, so would mean taking Metro in most likely.

I had lunch today with my former boss that got laid off when I did. She had lunch a few days earlier with a VP still at our old place of employment. Is it wrong that I really enjoyed hearing that my boss' board meeting went horribly and they are not happy with him because he doesn't seem to know what to do or where anything is or have any kind of plan going forward? Maybe I'm petty (okay, no maybe about it), but I just really enjoyed hearing all of that.

Cindy, it will get easier.

Marjorie, your home study course sounds really interesting, and right up your alley.

Lisa, how did the doctor go?

Well the root canal was a non-event.  The endodontist put me on a stronger antibiotic for another 10 days before he works on the tooth.  So we had a nice visit --sheesh that guy can talk!  Went to the courthouse--didn't have the form notarized.  Duh!  I missed that !!  Will have it notarized tomorrow and mail it back.  At least they checked my paperwork.

Karen--so excited about your Boston Marathon registration.  Glad you are going -- hopefully.  During Hurricane Katrina we all left town.  We live too close to the water.  We drove to Meridian, 3 hours north and still got hammered by the storm.  Lots of trees down and the power was out for days there.  Had to wait four days before the roads were cleared enough to drive home.  Makes you appreciate what is really important (family) and also teaches how strong you are when you need to be.