Womens Running

Merry Monday Supermoms (Read 18 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: 5-7 miles this morning, depending on what my PT clients are doing. They've all been texting to rearrange days/times this week.

TR: was up and down all day yesterday- but overall pretty good. His cold seems like it's settling into his chest, poor kid. I hate that I can't give him anything other than Tylenol/ibuprofen for it.

NRR: slept like crap all weekend Sad  We got our tree, put it up and it's decorated. Did some Christmas shopping too.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Sometimes the weather forecast calls for Snowpocalypse and ends up being nothing.  Today is the opposite, heard pretty much nothing and woke up to a snowy mess outside.

RR - eh don't feel like going out in it, TM...distance TBD..3-5 miles.  I might just put on Biggest Loser and run until the show is done.  I think when I run 4 miles I always turn off the show right before the weigh in.

TR - was really excited to go skating but refused to put skates on when we got to the rink.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup.  That will be good on a snowy day.

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - I often wish I could give B Nyquil, knock him out good!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - not sure if I will run today - I have been lacking motivation.  I did have a nice 6ish on the trails yesterday.

RR#2 - DH won a Santa Shuffle run on Saturday.  He ran with some of his co-workers as a team building thing.  The race was small and it wasn't timed, but it was still exciting to see him win.

NRR - My grandma is still in hospital and it is my day to visit her.  She lives about an hour away so it will be a busy day for me today.

FR - split pea soup

KR - The kids decorated out Christmas tree on Saturday.  Most of the ornaments are near the bottom of the tree.  I have been meaning to fix it, but I haven't yet.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ST'ing in the gym.  Ran 12k yesterday, legs still have some lactic acid to work out, but were feeling much better than Friday.

TR - came into our room yesterday morning and wanted to come into our bed, she rarely does this, she's either asleep in her bed or awake and doesn't want to go back to sleep.  She went right to sleep and her and DH slept until 8:30 am.

BR - hardly napped at all between Friday and Saturday, but yesterday she had 2 naps, and didn't wake up from the 2nd one until after 5pm.  She still went to bed easily at 8pm.  She's becoming such a card, laughing over things, it's fun.

NRR - I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet.  I have Friday off work this week, and will send the girls to the dayhome, hopefully I can get a bunch of shopping done then.

NRR2 - my car wouldn't start on Saturday, I need to figure out if it needs a new battery this week, the battery is only 2 years old, so hopefully it has a warranty on it, I have no idea when I'll have time to bring it in....  it's a pain working downtown, bc I can't do these types of errands during the day or at lunch hour.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - It's so hard when they get sick!  Booo to the lousy preggo sleep.  We need to get a tree sometime... so little time, so much to do.

zorbs - I thought I was reading the wrong post, I didn't think you watched any TV.  What kind of skates did you get B?  We have cheapo Bob skates for M, I'm not sure if she's ready for real ones this year or not.

r-eh - way to go DH!!!  Hope your grandma feels better soon, I'm sure she'll really enjoy the visit.

Erniegirl

RR - 6k easy. A little bit of fresh snow on the ground this morning. I wish it had been there when we got our tree yesterday!

TR - We went to visit our friends' new baby yesterday, so now she keeps telling us she saw "baby and boobies".

FR - Shepherd's pie

NRR - Weekend was fun but pretty crazy busy - drinks with friends Friday, Santa Claus parade Saturday, Christmas party Saturday night and then Sunday was brunch, getting a Christmas tree, shopping and visiting friends' baby. By the time we got home and I made dinner and we ate last night, it was 9 pm and I was so tired. So the tree remains undecorated for now. I went to bed at 10 pm and it was glorious. S and DH, of course, stayed up until nearly midnight.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: haha what's running?  I told DH that I want to go tonight, so he'd better have his workout done by the time I get home from work.  DH got called in on a bunch of OT (night shifts) this weekend and the weather was unbearable, so I did a whole lot of nothing.  Oh and I actually had bruising from my deep tissue massage- that means she did a thorough job, right?

TR: Nap strike yesterday and being moody this morning. Dry pants though!

FR: Something with turkey. I came home from the store on Thursday and realized I had only bought various types of turkey, no other meats.

NRR: Only 3ish weeks until we move!!! I really would love to start packing, but there isn't much stuff that we don't use on a daily basis in the house. Its going to be weird to go from living so simply to a bigger house and more stuff.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- I've been sleeping poorly too, I can't wait for our new mattress, I think that will help a lot with my back.

zorbs- I think I'm going to seriously look at getting a TM. Even though I hate the TM, on weekends like the one I just had at least I could get some sort of run in.

eh- sorry about your grandma. Our Jinglebell run is this Saturday, I don't think I will run it though. There are usually about 30-40 people.

CA- do you park outdoors or in a garage? My car was really hard-starting this week- I had to replace the battery last year I think because it crapped out when it got really cold. I need to finish my shopping, blech.

Ernie- R keeps asking me and his daycare lady about our boobs. On Saturday we went to a friends house, and the 3 yo boy was going to the bathroom when R walked in and asked him about his penis and if he was going potty- I scolded him and he hung his head and shuffled out of there.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - lol to baby and boobies!  Wow sounds like a busy weekend, this weekend is going to be like that for us, I love all the Christmas stuff but also get stressed and tired from everything that has to get done.

spike - I hope you get your run in tonight.  In my opinion Bruising from a massage = good massage Smile  Yikes on the move, but I'm sure it won't be as much work since you just moved into the rental not that long ago.  We have a small single garage, but the trailer is in front of it, and I don't think my SUV would fit in it anyway.  Our jinglebell run was saturday morning in -40!  Glad I wasn't signed up for it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I hope you get your run in tonight.  In my opinion Bruising from a massage = good massage Smile  Yikes on the move, but I'm sure it won't be as much work since you just moved into the rental not that long ago.  We have a small single garage, but the trailer is in front of it, and I don't think my SUV would fit in it anyway.  Our jinglebell run was saturday morning in -40!  Glad I wasn't signed up for it.

We had a single detached garage that had a manual door and was too narrow to park in at the old house, same thing at the rental. I'm so so so excited for our 3 car garage! Yeah, moving won't be that hard, I just hope we can find some help since its the holidays and that the weather isn't nasty. If it is, we will rent a big U-Haul.

runnergirl9508

RR2- ran 5.75 miles, ended up being a progression run, with the first mile at 7:50(snow/icy roads getting out my neighborhood), and the last 1.75miles at 7:34 pace. Felt great today!

zorbs- I hear ya on the Nyquil- poor R coughs and coughs when I put him down for his nap/bedtime. We've been running a vaporizer in his room for the past 3 days, not sure if it's helping. I stopped watching BL several seasons ago when they started w/ all the drama crap- I miss the first few seasons where it was focused on the workouts! ha, I haven't skated in YEARS. when I lived in Nova Scotia, we had a skating rink about 2 miles from the house, and went pretty much every weekend. I think I was the only person there in figure skates- EVERYONE else was wearing hockey skates- even all the little girls!

reh- aww, so cute that your kids helped decorate the tree! R keeps trying to undecorated ours. oooh, a trail run sounds nice! no snow cover on the trails yet? Congrats to your DH on his WIN!!! what was his time, like 17-18min? He's so speedy! aw, have a good visit with your gma today.

CA- enjoy your ST workout today! I've always found that every run is so different post-marathon for about 2-3 weeks. one day you feel great, the next like you have lead legs. aw, so nice that M slept in with DH! wow on O napping so late and still going to bed on time! she seems like such an easy-going kid. DH and I did a little shopping Sunday morning, but even with the two of us tag-teaming R, we packed it in early. I wish I had the option to leave R with a sitter and go by myself during the week. DH offered to watch him on the weekend so I could go solo, but I hate shopping on the weekends, esp at Christmas time, as it's so crowded. ugh on the car trouble- never a good time!

Ernie- enjoy the snowy run today. Have you been taking S with you again, or is she still anti-stroller? LOL on baby and boobies. sounds like a jam-packed busy weekend.

spike-bummer on not being able to run all weekend- i'd be going stir-crazy! i'm thinking I might need to make friends with the TM next winter, when I have two kiddos and need to get a run in! ugh on the nap strike and moody toddler. YAY for dry pants! wow, 3 weeks?! that's awesome!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- No, R pooped his pants last sunday and had 2 pee accidents at daycare during the week. So he regressed a bit after 11 days dry.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - when you said Santa race, I thought you meant the race in burlington.  Santa Shuffle was my first 5K back in 2007.

ca - I don't watch TV except for the odd episode of TBL and hockey night in canada.  We didn't buy skates for B, SIL has skates for her DD and we played the odds that either her or B wouldn't want to skate.

ernie - for some reason both mine and DH's family Christmas parties (except for the one yesterday) have been cancelled.  I'd rather have my teeth pulled without anesthesia than go to these things but I still feel out of sorts that they won't be happening.  So my holiday will be rather uneventful.  We were going to go to jackson's point in Dec. but we are already leaving B with my parents for NYE so don't want to do it again so soon.

spike - you should see what my legs look like after a good bout of graston.

rg - I always had figure skates growing up because they were "girls" skates (I can't do anything except skate forwards)  but I got hockey skates when I went to a skate with the Leafs thing years ago and they are still the same ones I've got now.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

Erniegirl

rg - sounds like you are pretty busy with clients? Re: R's cold - I've never tried this, but one of my friend swears by putting vick's vapo rub on her son's feet at night to clear chest congestion and coughing. Yup, S is still completely anti-stroller so I have to work all my runs around DH's schedule. It's been okay lately since my mileage hasn't been that high but I can foresee problems when I start marathon training.

zorbs - Did you get a lot of snow there? We really only got enough to cover the ground here. I used to teach skating lessons and I can tell you it is very common for kids that age to refuse to put on skates, cry, or just sit on the ice and refuse to get up! Skates probably seem really, really weird to them.

eh - Are your legs feeling back to normal now? Wow, so awesome that DH won the race!

CA - Boo on the car problems! It's such a bad time of year to have to find time to take a car in. There were a few weeks last winter when my car kept not starting and I thought I needed a new battery. It was so annoying because I would tell DH my car wasn't starting and then whenever he tried, it started just fine. Then the problem just corrected itself, so apparently my car was just mad at me for awhile.

spike - All the best massages leave bruises! Lol at R asking about people's boobs and penises. If I am holding S and talking to someone, she has this terrible habit of sticking her hands down my shirt and pinching my nipples. I don't know what's up with that. And she only does it when other people are around!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - DH went to the bathroom around 1:30 and came back to tell me there was a "ton" of snow on the ground so I changed my alarm for 10 minutes earlier.  Turns out we only got a dusting as well (which i didn't know until after I wrote this morning's post) it was dry snow so it took 30 seconds to clean off my car and the roads were totally bare.  I want my 10 mins of sleep back, dammit.