Womens Running

Freakin' Frigid Friday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, ouch on the pipes-- hope they are copper and not likely to burst.

Karen and Susan, yay, Leading Ladies! Lisa & Margaret, awww....but understood if you have already registered for other races.

Carol, I have a Fitbit One and like it, I just have to remember to clip it to my bra strap -- don't like bracelet devices much -- I already wore an ActiveLink for WW so just added the FB on my other bra cup. I don't think it is great for mileage, it seems to slightly overestimate running, way overestimate trails, and underestimate the TM, but it does keep a good step count and sleep if I remember to put it on for the night. (I don't wear a bra to bed.)

Marjorie, I have done some boring marathons, I don't think this will be that bad even in the less scenic parts. Looking forward to this one! Especially the wait inside with real bathrooms. Twin Cities does that and it's nice even though there are long lines for the bathrooms inside. About how many people usually do the full and half, and do they start at the same time and place?

Arrive on Thursday at about 7:30 on Southwest, leave Monday 4:30 PM also on Southwest. I can relate to Quincy wanting to stay in bed, but he will have to go out sometime!

Damaris, have fun at Goofy!

Judy, enjoy cocooning. Given your interest in antebellum women's history I think you should join us in Charleston!

Karen, I would probably get to the airport really early and buy the high speed wifi (or a MyFi spot like Lisa has) and be ready to pull the trigger as soon as NYCM opens the registration.

4.25 this morning. RN gone to Avalon.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not sure how many are doing the race this year, Tessa.  The half and full do start at the same point.  They go a good deal together until the split where the full does an out and back and the half doesn't.  Then the full goes into Park Circle and around that neighborhood forever.

Upper King is a very industrial section and not scenic.  I'll have to see if I can find out how many are signed up for the race. I know it is not sold out.

Marjorie