Womens Running

Warrior WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Kilmisters

Lizzie, yes, the floorball season has indeed flown by.. It has been a transition season for us.. Lots of good ''veteran'' players left for various reasons, and youngsters have arrived... Feels weird to play w girls that are 10 years younger than you Smile But you sort of feel responsible - we have our own strategies/details and those little things have to be taught to youngsters. You kind of even feel like a big sister in that situation. Wow, brown Sugar BBQ Pork Shoulder Nachos?? Can you send those to Europe? PLEASE? Big grin

Tessa, sounds like a fun run w DIana. I'd love to see that pic w the really scary bunny.... Smile

Sandy, ha, the run over by truck stage. I had it when tried to do speedwork (8x1k @ 10k pace) after leg workout @ floorball summer practice. Not. A. Good. Idea. I mean the speedwork was tough but manageable but the next day... Ooooooh boy. Fell out of bed instead of stepping out of it Big grin As for  K, she has has always loved the stroller Smile FIL joked that me running during pregnancy (and K generally being more calm after runs while still in there in the tummy) will lead to K only falling asleep after a decent run. Can't say it's 100% true but not entirely false either Big grin 6+mi run = K has enough oxygen for sleep Smile

Waving to everyone else!

Yes, I had a booze run....... Stores legally (cash registers are even set that way) stop selling booze at 10pm. At 9:20pm our party ran out of booze..... Store is about 1mi from our spot.... Elina to the rescue. I ran to the goddamn store (literally) w credit card and ID in my pocket. Got the guys some vodka, balsam and rum. Barely made it. Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Is there something I should be watching on TV? Smile HCBF is watching...I am not. Haha.

SO. FULL. Pork shoulder turned out so good. We had some cauliflower tots (we really take risks around here Wink ) and HCBF made some guac. We will be having pork sandwiches for the next couple of nights! Really good but I am really stuffed. I figured it was ok since I have lots of double digit runs this week Smile

Thanks for all the thoughts on Ruger! He is laying next to me licking his paw Smile Doing just fine. He hasn't gotten sick and is acting his normal self. He has not pooped the gum yet though. Hmm..we gave him some wet food to help out with that. Okay, that is probably TMI. Smile

Not ready to go back to work tomorrow! NO NO NO!

Docket - Good luck on those 14 treadmill miles!

Ginny - WTG on the miles today! OMG I wish I lived closer..that snicker peanut butter pie sounds SO. GOOD. And chocolate layer cake! YUMMMM

Diane - AWESOME job on the run today and the mileage this week! Woohoo!! What is Hu Hot?

Margaret - Congratulations! I think the couch to 50K worked for you in a way because you are a veteran Smile Not your first rodeo. You did awesome!!! The weather sounds tough and so does the course. I was so close to making those BTW. I have been craving them since you mentioned them. You ran today?! And cleaned the oven?! Are you crazy?! Hahaha. Smile March 10 isn’t too far. Nice that you can use some race credits! YES..another big peak week for me coming up. LAST ONE!

Laura - Nice run today! 9 days until vacation! You got this! Smile ooooo HCBF loved Queen of the South! Hope you had fun at the brewery today!

Karen - Ugh, sorry you had to cut the run short today. But if you aren’t feeling it…you aren’t feeling it. Maybe you are still a little run down from your cold/flu? Hope you were able to get a nap in!

Run4kupcakes - I am sorry that the race was so awful! You finished though! I thought of you because my brother lives near DC and he got about 2” (he is more towards the mountains) and I figured you were probably getting snow for the race. Why did your Garmin crap out?! It should have been fine even in those weather conditions. What kind of jacket do you have?

Kilmisters - I laughed out loud when I saw your Facebook post about running to the store to get vodka! Smile That is awesome Smile

Have a great night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Margaret, that does not like rolling hills, but hills, lol.

14 with 5 @ MP on the TM done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Half watching the Super Bowl.  Hoping the Eagles can hang on, but knowing the Patriots, it is gonna be unlikely.  Would be cool though.

Kinda going backwards on personals...

Damaris, great 14!!

Lizzie, glad Ruger is OK.  Scary indeed.  Mmmm on the pork.  I made some spare ribs in the crock pot.  Good, but not great.

Elina, that is awesome on getting the booze!  You are my hero.

Margaret, great job on a tough race.  Nice pics.  Which on is March 10th?  Good luck on getting into the July race, which is that one too?

Kupcakes, way to stick it out in miserable conditions.

Karen, sorry you had to cut your run short.  We were in the upper 70's I believe today.  Rest up and feel better.

Laura, how was the new brew pub?  The shirt in my pic is an Inkburn one - mens peeling paint.

Diane, great job today and on the week!!  Keep at it.

Ginny, I hope you enjoy all the junk food!  Good on the TM.

Sandy, what the what???  Relocating?  I thought you were kidding,  I feel like I have to go back and scour every post you have ever written now.  I thought you were just talking of a visit.  Where in AZ??  I am so utterly confused and feel stupid for being behind the ball on this one.  Sigh.....  Come for Brazos anyways...  Gramma can do it.  I already promised Diane a Dragon's Milk.  I will bring you one too.  C'mon girl!!!

Tessa, good thought on doing the first lap together.  Let's see where we are at by then.  I am going to be totally freaked out trying to do the race, I might stress to much to try to do it with others.  But having the company of you both would be awesome.  I tried to do Chicago with others, and it backfired on me.

Looks like the Eagles are going to fall behind now.....

My apologies to ALL.  I am going to be utterly annoying for the next 3 weeks.  I am obsessed with the race.

Yep, Eagles are screwed now.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Surprisingly the Eagles won.

Sandy, This is Us - I cried, the entire episode.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024