Womens Running

Kick BUTT WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kick Butt Day!! Smile

Also, Spring begins today..but not until 5:58pm. Weird.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.6 speed work miles for me. I did 3x 2 mile tempo/ .40 rest.

TOUGH workout. If it wasn't 29 degrees out, it would have sucked more than it already did. It was hard, but I did good! Most of my tempo miles were in the 8's!! One mile was even 8:18!! WTH?! I haven't seen those numbers in YEARS. It has GOT to be the no smoking (today marks day 40 BTW Smile ). Very happy with my performance out there this morning!

My knee is KILLING me. Yesterday afternoon I was playing hide-and-seek with Ruger..while I was running upstairs away from him I took the corner to close to our bedroom and NAILED my knee on the corner of the wall. Nice little bruise/welt. Hurt during the run but thankfully not too bad. We love playing hide-and-seek Smile

Laura – Nice job getting out there after work! Hope you had a good Tuesday date night! And some some alcoholic beverages.

Run4kupcakes – I hate when it gets late and im still working on important stuff – like LUNCH.

Another boring day over here! Not doing much work. Going away party tonight..should be fun! HCF is coming, too. They all know him. I am actually going to bring HCF up here on Friday. I want to go sit in our “spot” one last time. The spot we used to sit at and talk for HOURS..do you ladies remember that?!?! 

Happy Wednesday!

Rest day here.  I think we both needed a sleep-in day.

Washer/dryer finally arrived and are hooked up at the new house --yay!! Flooring will not be installed until next week, which is fine with me bc I'm going to a quilt seminar W-Saturday, so we can start moving Sunday unless DH gets itchy and starts moving over the weekend, but DS2 will probably go see his sweetie, so DH will just have to wait.  He wants to build shelves in the closets, so I think I will try to encourage him to do that while I'm gone.

Lizzie--ouch on the hide and seek injury.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 10 miles tonight.  Now a corworker is in the hospital related to her multiple spine infections.

Liz, nice run.  Enjoy the going away party!

Susan, enjoy the rest day.  Saw the FB pics of the new house.  So cute!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy first day of Spring!!  5 easy miles for me this morning.  I should get my headlamp charged up and try to run outside tomorrow morning.    It's just so easy to throw on shorts and a tee and hop on the TM.    One more day of work tomorrow and I am off until April 1!  Friday I will be a chaperone for younger DD's field trip to Junior Achievement BizTown.  It's a pretty cool setup, they have a building where they have "storefronts" for businesses, offices, restaurants, retail shops, etc.  The kids all applied for jobs and were assigned a job.  DD is a CFO.  They will get a paycheck (with taxes taken out) and be able to spend some of the money in the businesses.  The kids working in businesses applied for loans and will try to see if they can repay their loan at the end of the day.  I am working at the bank.    I had to do some online training and agree to do things like not swear while volunteering.  I will try to control myself.  

Liz, AWESOME workout this morning!  I knew you would kill it.    40 days smoke-free is amazing!!  I am proud of you!  Ouch on the knee!  Haha, yes, I remember when you would talk to HC for hours.    The kids barely learn cursive now.  They spend a few weeks on it early in grade school.  They can't read cursive, which is kind of funny, since a lot of things are still written in cursive.  Younger DD likes to write in cursive because it is "fancy".    Most kids can't really even write legibly any more since so much is done on iPads.

Sue, enjoy the rest!

Damaris, wow, bad luck for your co-workers!  I wish them speedy recoveries!  Enjoy the 10.

Hi Laura!  It is nice that you got out for the 4!

Karen, poor Huck and the separation anxiety!  Looking forward to seeing your workout!  

Sandy, I hope your snow clears up soon!  I was getting really sick of the ice and slush on the sidewalks.  Wow, that sounds like an awesome dinner.    The book I am reading now is One Day in December.  It is cute.  Light reading is good sometimes.  

Judy, those sound like interesting classes!

Cathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, running is all about air. Not smoking lets the lungs and airways clear out. Great job on kicking the habit. I am so proud of you!

Sorry about the knee.

Snowdrops are the only flowers we have so far. Tree buds are just starting to enlarge. We are still having hard freeze nights also. Crocus leaves are through the soil though.

Today was 50 minutes running on the TM, then the fast walk. I’ve had a few meds changes and both have helped my running a lot.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

Just catching up and popping in. Work continues to be crazy!

Liz, even though you took the other job, nice to be offered that one! I think you made the right call staying with the one you accepted though.

And spring begins at 5:58PM because that is the moment that the sun crosses the equator.

Elina, not sure most Americans could find Bulgaria on a map let alone name two cities in the country. (OK, I can name one. Sofia.)

HCK, I've flown into Baltimore several times and have no recollection of the path around the airport, but how nice to know there is one. Noted in the event that I have a very, very long layover. Airports should have gyms and places to leave bags so you can walk.

Susan, good idea to put shelves in the closets. Ours had one narrow shelf each and we put in 2 shelves almost the full depth of the closet to get as much storage as possible. (Note: if you do that, make sure the clothes rail is far enough back to be able to close the closet door comfortably, not at the edge of the shelf. Do not ask me how I know this.) Enjoy your quilt seminar!

Judy, glad you found Sunday Buddy again! How long has it been now?

Kat, that day sounds truly awful. I'm sure your Petunia was like "not sure why I am getting so much snuggling and snackies, but of course I must deserve them". Under investigation? My guess would be controlled substances.

Cathy, I just put Fallout on hold at the library. Because of course I have nothing to read...I just finished Fire Sermon (Francesca Haig), YA postapocalyptic dystopic fiction,  and now have the second one in the trilogy waiting for me as soon as I finish "Becoming", Michelle Obama's autobiography.

Sandy, of course alcohol helps a cold. It kills germs, does it not?

Hi to everyone I missed!

Not much running. Lots of sewing. I finished both DS's and Dear Nephew's garb for the Faire, costume check is Saturday. Hope their boots arrive in time! 5 on Monday, 2.8 yesterday morning, 3.2 today. Back to work!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, controlled substances was my guess too.  Worse.  As much as I feel comfortable saying is that the Dr. could/should lose his license and everyone knew it that was suspended and nobody will have a job left that was aware of it  He also put the hospital in jeopardy.  There might have been some drugs, but that was a minor aspect.  Drug theft is unfortunately pretty common.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

11 for me this morning. Beautiful day, low 50s and sunny, and no wind. I had 3x2.5 at half marathon pace with 4 minute recoveries on the schedule again. The same workout I did on Sunday that nearly killed me. It seemed really soon to be doing it again, then I realized I had switched around my tempo and long run last week. Anyway, it went so much better today. It was still not easy, but it was much more controlled (if that makes sense), and I didn't feel like I was dying towards the end of each interval. Just the third one.

Now I've got a million errands to run and cleaning to do. Laundry, vacuuming, mopping, dusting....getting rid of as much fur as I can with the little monsters at daycare. Plus run to the dry cleaners and fedex and the post office. I also need to go to Lowe's, but since it's in the opposite direction I'm going to save that for tomorrow. Hopefully the dogs will still be tired tomorrow and stay out of trouble. I am also going to call Xfinity and get rid of our cable. We've had all the channels since we moved down here, but we don't watch that much TV, and when we do it's more Netflix and Prime, so we're going to give it a try.

Liz, I was thinking about you when listening to the radio this morning taking the dogs to daycare and then myself to the park to run. They were talking about today being Kick Butt day and how much better your health and life are once you quit smoking. Breathing is easier, so yes, that should affect your running in a positive way! It is also apparently International Happiness Day. I do remember you and HCF sitting and talking for hours. Have fun tonight! And awesome awesome job on the run today.

Susan, yes, encourage DH to do all the projects while you're gone. So much easier in an empty house. I am so excited for you guys and your move!!

Cathy, DD's field trip sounds so cool. And of course DD is a CFO, I am not at all surprised. I don't picture you as a big swearer, some of us might have a little trouble with that clause though. I just started Bridge of Clay by the guy that wrote The Book Thief. Having trouble getting into it though. I'll give it a little longer I guess, it got good reviews.

Damaris, enjoy the 10 tonight.

Judy, that is great that your running is improved with the different meds. Everything is blooming and growing down here, thankful I don't have bad allergies. I would hate to have to avoid this beautiful weather, especially knowing that summer is coming.

Tessa, good to see you! You sound busy, as always.

Kathryn, wow, worse than controlled substances. I hope you and the rest not involved come through okay, although I'm guessing there will be some longer hours or more days until they can be replaced?

Alright, better get moving. These chores aren't going to do themselves. I asked daycare to give the dogs baths and told them I'd pick them up at 4, so I've only got 4 hours until it's time to bring them home.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Laura – great afternoon miles!!  Those are always harrrrrrrrrrrd.  Where was date night?  Sorry for the work insanity – unfortunately, I can relate.  “Management” has decided it’s a good idea to make these ginormous changes that requires people to support activities in which they do not have access to the systems needed to perform the tasks.  LOTS of fun.

Lizzie – have fun at sushi tonight!  Glad HCF is joining you all.  And fun he knows everyone.  Awwww on sitting at your “spot” one last time.  Yup, I was lurking when your relationship was blossoming.  CONGRATS on 40 days!!  And awesome workout this morning.  I smell lots of PRs at GC!!  I’ll be sure to have some orange juice at the ready for you!!  Oh, from yesterday – nope on the Halo haha.  I think I brought it somewhere.  NOOOOOOOOOO thanks on sending the meal prep.  That’s what I do not like doing!!

Sue – oh that’s GREAT that DS2 and fiancé will rent from you!  Probably makes it easier for moving, too.  Hope DH can get LOTS of projects done while you are out of town!!

Karen – okay, that seals it, I probably won’t go back to Educated.  I actually think I got about 100 pages in and just couldn’t do it.  Like you said, I just could NOT relate.  And in this modern age!!  Just crazy.  Kinda funny you hadn’t heard about the fire.  Glad the fumes are blowing the other way.  OMG, I am a local news JUNKY haha.  Awesome workouts as always.  Good luck with all the cleaning!  I picture the three of you (you and the 2 pups) crashed out about 5pm LOL  I have Bridge of Clay saved to possibly read.  I have a couple others I want to read first so didn’t want to download and feel the book pressure haha.

Kat – yikes on the ‘worse than controlled substances’.

Tessa – hey, that’s still SOME running which is AWESOME for how busy you always are!

Cathy – hooray for a nice long vacay coming up!  DDs field trip sounds super cool.  Like Karen said, of course she is CFO!  That’s awesome.  OMG and that cracked me up that you have to be sure not to swear hahaha.  Please tell us how this goes!  It makes me want to volunteer at it, too!  Man, I hope the snow melts soon, too, but there is still a LOT.  At least it didn’t freeze last night though I suspect there were still slick spots.  I finished Unwanted Guest.  OMG it got a little hokey but it was pretty good.  Looks like I will get One Day in December in 15 days.

Damaris – OMG so sad about your coworkers!  What the heck is a spine infection??  It sounds painful.

Today was definitely a TURD.  This smoker’s cough is still kicking my butt.  Plus I had an early morning eye exam.  Excuses excuses.  Work is kind of insane and I don’t feel like working!  Honestly all I want to do is deep clean my house.  Yesterday I purged a couple bags of clothes so will stop on my way home to drop those off.  I want to dust the ceiling fans and base boards tonight.  Yeah, I’m weird haha.  At least the week is half over!!

Kilmisters

Elina, not sure most Americans could find Bulgaria on a map let alone name two cities in the country. (OK, I can name one. Sofia.)

Tessa, Sofia - yes; not sure if I could name another one (in fact, I can't). And the map thing is tricky; since collapse of Yugoslavia; and Kosovo and Montenegro getting independent from Serbia that part of the map has become really messy/fragmented.

This day, wow. I spent lots of time preparing for today's meeting (boss couldn't attend) and I'd say it went well. Honestly, the new trade department lady is very weak; so I can roll over her with whatever data/reasoning I put together. Which ALSO means big responsibility as no one can challenge if you happen to f--p up somewhere in your assumptions. Tomorrow I have to give boss a recap of things we decided on (and get some numbers accepted) PLUS discuss the stuff I calculated for Friday's meeting w CEO, which she also won't be able to attend, so it's crucial to define our final position on things. I like this new responsibility (if she cannot attend she delegates not just - meeting cancelled - as it was some time ago), but yes... Responsibility.

10k today in pouring rain and, f---, that wind.... But cleared my mind for sure.

Have a nice day everyone; back to cooking dinner!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cathy – Nice run for you today! Yay for some time off! Are the kids on Spring Break? That seems so early. What an awesome idea for DD’s field trip!! That is really cool. Every school should do that. Kinda gives them a real world experience! Love it. I don’t think I could not swear though Smile Enjoy your bank job – hehe. I heard something on my podcast that said some people are forgetting how to write things because they use the computer/phone so much! How crazy is that? Maybe I am “old fashioned” but I still use my day planner ALL. THE. TIME. I like the idea of crossing things off my to do list. Just crazy. I hated cursive though..so that can go! I think once you get back outside, you are going to want to keep going outside. We all know I LOVE Fall and Winter…BUT I am kinda ready to ditch the gloves. Smile

Docket – Oh no! I hope your co-worker is okay! Good luck on the 10!

Susan – Enjoy that rest day! Everything is coming together on the house! How exciting!

Hi Tessa! Staying busy I see. Nice work getting the runs in! How nice of you to do that for DS and DN!

Kathryn – Oh WOW!!! Yikes. How are things there right now?

Karen – Wow, nice run today! I can’t believe you did that workout again so soon! But, you are super human so I am not surprised Smile Lots on your to-do list today while the kids are away! Smile They will nice and tired when they get home. Can’t seem to cut the cord with cable..I love my trash reality TV too much. So, I had to no idea that kick butt day meant to kick cigarettes. LOL. OMG. I thought it meant, like, “yeah! Kick some butt!” LOL. I am an idiot. HAHA. Okay, so I guess its appropriate today then since its day 40! Good luck with the todo list!

Kilmisters – Nice rainy run! Rainy runs are the best for clearing the mind! Yay for the meeting going well. Sounds like all this responsibility suits you Smile I knew it would. What are you cooking for dinner?!

Sandy – No TURD. You are still recovering from your sickness! Well, aftet the vacation you had I wouldn’t want to be working either Smile Dusting is not weird..sometimes I go home from work and mop the floor. Are you going to have a real dinner tonight?!  Oh man, sorry for the work stress. HCF is having that EXACT problem. Seriously!! LOL, AWWW orange juice! You remember! Haha. I hope they have some good finish line food – that will help TONS. I also am using some new fuel..so hoping that I am able to get it down throughout the race. Don’t want a repeat of Twin Cities. You’re right – meal prep sucks. Its worth it though Smile

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, Sunday Buddy and I have been finding one another each Spring for 22 years, it will be 23 years in October. Even though he is 81 years old, he doesn’t want to stop. He says it’s a tradition and you can’t mess with tradition.   There are regular walkers on that trail who even try to help us find one another.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns