Womens Running

Over the Hump Day Supermoms (Read 14 times)

moxieluvah

DEXTER SPOILER

spike - yes ending on the boat would have been better. Also I think the Deb stuff was unnecessary, unhooking her and dumping her in the ocean? I would have liked a happy ending but oh well.

runnergirl9508

RR2- ended up with just over 7 hilly miles this morning. It was definitely COLD out, but I got to watch the sunrise.

zorbs- WTF is with daycare lady?! I would think she'd be happy for B advancing to preschool. How fun about the Valentines Race. There's a 5 mile race here for V-day. If the roads aren't icy I might run it. And WOW- that's an expensive drop in fee! The gym I worked at only charged $8 per class.

Mer- have fun at spin class! glad you were able to get your run in yesterday. Sorry about the bad night's sleep. Is H on any meds for reflux? Oh no on the spilled water! This play center was surprisingly clean- it even smelled nice when we walked in! I need to start Downton over again. I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1, then never got back to it.

CA-  enjoy your hill run tonight. hope the road conditions are ok. Hope M's cold is gone fast. R will actually run and get a tissue and wipe his own nose when it's running. Now, to teach him how to wipe his own butt... Sorry about O's rash- hope it clears soon. Hoping you hear about the job soon! It's looking good for DH not working!

Ernie- smart idea to ST today. LOL on S's teenager voice. Have fun at the community center. Ugh- that's a loooooong afternoon to be inside! The first visit to the center is free, then it's just a $2 per family charge after that.

moxie- have a good run yesterday. Yay for hot yoga! do you have a recipe for the minestrone? I have several, but DH and I both agree that while they are good, there's something missing from each of them.

spike- ugh, I hope R's feeling better soon! Sounds like you need a good run/workout after your crazy morning! Nice of your DH to offer to trade workout times with you tonight. LOL on the tractor. Men. Ha, DH isn't a pilot- he's an airplane mechanic, though. He works on the planes- maintenance, fueling, deicing in the winter, along with a lot of facility maintenance.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

*SPOILER ALERT FOR KANTKATCHME- Don't Read any further in this post!*

moxie- I don't think there is a happy ending for a serial killer. That whole Deb scene was weird- I said to DH "HOW COME NOBODY IS NOTICING THIS?!"   I do understand him doing what he did, and what happened to Deb was his fault. Good thing Hannah has Google skillz. Do you think they left it open for a sequel in case they wanted to start it up again, or do you think the final scene was supposed to be like a penance? DH said "That looks like the PNW, we have lots of serial killers here" lol.  I have had a lot of people say they thought Season 6 was a snooze, but I thought that season 8 was getting kinda weird and predictable, and Deb (especially in the final 2 episodes) really lost herself and comprimised everything in her moral code for Dexter.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

moxieluvah

more DEXTER talk

spike - I felt like some of his talks with Dr V and the fact that he didn't kill Oliver and handed him over to Deb showed that he wasn't as damaged as Harry originally thought so he could have had a happy ending. There is no way he would have been able to just take Deb from the hospital, I know there was a hurricane, but come on! lol at Hannah having google skills, is nobody going to be looking for harrison or do they think he was on the boat too?

moxieluvah

rg - I'm pretty sure it was from allrecipes, if I find it I will link it for you. It was pretty good but I would do a different ratio of veggies if I did it again.

superspike113

Honorary Old

DEXTER CONTINUED

moxie- I kinda thought that Harrison would end up with Jamie or up with Aster and Cody. My prediction for the finale about halfway through the season was a Deb and Dexter murder/suicide, so I was *kinda* right.  I suppose he wasn't as damaged as Harry thought, and he showed some free will, but it seems like not taking that last kill was a selfish move and its what got Deb killed. As Dr. V pointed out, his motives are were pretty much always selfish.   Oh and I totally called the long lost son thing with Dr V, DH was impressed Smile   I guess Deb's boss would have known that Harrison was with Hannah, I doubt they just let it go- they will be on the run.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - that would be long w/ DH getting home so late, when I was on mat leave I always counted the minutes from the end of naps till DH got home.  The mall is a great place to tire out a toddler.

moxie - that's an awesoem price for yoga!  It's around $20/dropin for most yoga studios here also.

spike - yikes on the crazy morning.  Glad DH could stay home.  That's a big yard!  Nope this coworker hasn't had any real leads yet.

RG - nice job running in the cold before sunrise!

UGH, WR update: coworker who had the interview the same day I did has an email stating that he will be getting an offer next week, I've had no emails. Sad  They are contacting people either way so it's not a NO but not a yes either.  Blurg it's depressing here.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

CA - Aw, poor M and the crying about the dayhome. Hopefully preschool will be more exciting for her and she'll look forward to going! Teething diaper rash can be shockingly horrible. Ugh, sorry things are so awful at work. I'm hoping you hear some good news TODAY!

moxie - I really need to give this hot yoga thing a try. It sounds especially appealing in this arctic winter. Breaking Bad will get way more exciting as it nears the end. Does US Netflix have the whole last season? Canadian Netflix only has the first 8 episodes of S5 so far, so I had to download the last 8 because I couldn't wait! I am going to watch the finale tonight.

zorbs - Daycare lady is freaking insane. Does she not realize that clients are always going to be leaving because KIDS GROW UP? Yes, Fit City, that's it! And I do think it changed names sometime within the past year or so. The UCM play area is actually not bad at all! It's very clean and never overly crazy during the week.

spike - Hope the toddler diarrhea passes quickly. You have a nice sized property! I think you should go for the tractor 

rg - $2 per drop in is a great deal!

~~~~~~~

DEXTER TALK (SPOILER ALERT):

I think the ending was such a cop out. I was not gunning for a happy ending, but I wanted something exciting and dramatic - it should have ended either with him having to kill Deb to get away, or with her killing him. I think the show really jumped the shark when the whole "Deb is in love with her brother" thing started up. And yes, when he was talking Deb out of the hospital, I was totally yelling at the TV "AS IF NO ONE IS NOTICING THIS!"

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- The funny thing is, we had a hard time finding a lot smaller than 5 acres! In the city, lots are 60x120', and then in the country lots are usually 5, 10, or 40 acres. We live in a development that was designed for horse people/hobby farmers, but part of the deal with getting 2 acre lots was that the developer was required to leave 15 acres of open space that could never be developed. That 15 acres abuts the back of our property and they run mules on it, so we will never have neighbors behind us and R loves looking at the "horses".

DEXTER SPOILER BELOW

Ernie- it was a cop out! It should have just ended at the end of last season with the LaGuerta showdown with Deb shooting Dexter instead.  Someone summed up the show pretty well I thought- all suspense and no release. They freaking ended with suspense.  The whole last season was just kind of odd. Did you notice Dexter got lazy and stopped doing most of his ritual the last season? He was dumping whole bodies and skipping the blood slides/victim photos like it was nothing. They also didn't explain the meaning behind Oliver stealing brain chunks- that one guy had a good reason since he had experimental brain surgery, but was the explanation just that Oliver was a psychopath?

moxieluvah

ernie - the last 8 episodes aren't on netflix yet, but they replayed them on AMC over christmas and we DVRed it.

DEXTER

it was totally weird that he was dumping whole bodies, if someone saw him you could definitely tell it was a body and not just a bag of garbage, isn't the first rule of the code "don't get caught." it definitely went down hill when the whole sibling love part started