Womens Running

It's here AGAIN...MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Was not ready to come back to work today....

Looked at my calendar this morning..how are there only 2 weeks left in June?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.1 for me. Core class tonight..

Good run but UGH, 70 dewpoint. The tropical heat is back. One of those runs where it takes forever to cool down afterwords. Not bad considering. Not sure what kinda mileage I am going to do this week..going to just take it day by day. I am about a month out from my official training cycle.

Nothing crazy happening this week. We may go to look at place settings for the wedding. Other than that...work. I have a call at 10 in regards to an announcement for the merger. The client I am working for, bought another company..so things are going to get a bit busy. Might have to travel again soon. We shall see!

Karen – Lifting weights on your own is hard. Haha. Hope you enjoyed your rest day! I am excited about your trip. You are going to have a great time. AWWW! The poor ducklings! Yeah, why didn’t that lady in the car stop to help!! Nice of your runner to go and help the last one.

Docket –

Kathryn – Wow, Congratulations! WOOHOO!! You stuck it out and kept going. That is what its all about. You did awesome!!! 😊 😊

Margaret  - Kick ass run yesterday! I don’t know how you run after kettlebells. I am thinking I would be jello. Yes, I think there are frogs in the lake. That is one thing that always brings me back to my childhood. My parents live on about 8 acres and I always remember hearing those frogs all night! Of course I scouted out the running route. 😉 We have seriously been looking at this lot for a year. A loop in the neighborhood is probably a little over a mile..MAYBE 2. I am going to have to run on the main road. It is NOT a busy road at all. Very country. Might have to watch out for wildlife more than cars 😊 I am excited to do some exploring.

Happy Monday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 tonight.

Liz, I laughed when I saw my name and a blank.  How are you liking working from home every day?  I tended to get crazy after a week, but I like the freedom I have now to work from court on court days.  Wish my prior boss had not been an asshole.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Morning!  7 tonight.

Liz, I laughed when I saw my name and a blank.  How are you liking working from home every day?  I tended to get crazy after a week, but I like the freedom I have now to work from court on court days.  Wish my prior boss had not been an asshole.

LOL. I thought it, but didn't type it! I blame Monday Smile I was going to say, nice run yesterday and I saw that about Marjorie! Have you gotten together with her lately?? I know you two used to get together frequently when you traveled.

WFH...its different. Like you, I LOVE the freedom! I still feel weird going out for an apt or to run an errand. I am just not used to it still. I feel like mammel is still watching. I am starting to really really enjoy it. Its nice not to have to go into the office, you know? And since I am home most of the time, I really don't mind traveling at all! Doesn't bother me one bit. I am just so happy I took this job. Still loving it.

Docket_Rocket

Nice!  I am also looking forward to my travel doing the new project.  I'll know more next week when I get to DC for training.

Meanwhile, how about we hear from Indy today?  And positively?  Come on.  I'm tired of waiting!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yay, Monday!    The kids did not want to get up for summer school.  Weird weather weekend, Saturday morning was very warm and humid, then the temp dropped throughout the day and yesterday it was in the 50's.  Took DD out for a run on Saturday morning for her 10K training, we were aiming for 3 miles but she was on the struggle bus so I dropped her off at home at about 2.5 miles.  She was just really hot and tired.  I went on to do 6, and then my "fun" workout on Sunday, 2x2 miles with 2 min recovery at 8:17 goal pace, about 8.5 miles total.  Oddly, the 2nd mile was probably tougher than the last one.  Maybe because you know the last one is the last one?    My parents are visiting friends in Mississippi so we are planning on seeing them next weekend.

Lizzie, glad you got some good runs in before the humidity returned!  Wow, that is pretty exciting about the land and the house!  It looks like it will be so peaceful.  Hopefully the bugs won't be too bad for running.  I remember trying to do a run when we were in Northern WI and I could not even get down the road, I was swarmed!     That potato salad sounds good!

Damaris, I feel bad for Marjorie!  I am glad she is OK.  Yes, you need to hear from Indy today!

Karen, you pick up all your Gatorade at once?    Sounds like a fun and busy week ahead for you!

Tessa, I hope you feel better!

Margaret, that is really cool what the Trail Sisters are doing!  Awesome miles this weekend!

Lisa and Kat, awesome running!  Kat, that sounds like a really tough race!  Amazing job with those conditions!

Laura, at least it's not snow indeed.    The kids were watching an episode of Ninja Warrior that was taped from January, it freaked them out because at that time there was a winter storm watch with 7 inches of snow.  I had them convinced that was happening now.    I don't know if I will be able to handle taking my kids driving on the expressway for the first time!    I hope you are off the struggle bus.

Lori, how was the bungee yoga?  They have something like that here, they call it treetops yoga, or aerial yoga.  Looks like fun!

Diane, great photos!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sitting here with my coffee relaxing and reflecting.  Also moaning and groining some...

Lizzie, how far from the place you are at now to the proposed place?  How many acres?   Cool pics for your backyard!!

Damaris, POSITIVE thoughts!!!!!!

Cathy, don't blame the kids for not wanting to get up for school!

Margaret, glad you weekend was better.  Western States is coming up fast!!

Laura, sorry for the gloomy weekend, hope it is better now.

HCK, hope this work week goes quicker!

Lori, once you figure posting photos out it is easy, but damn, at first it is like, WHAT?

Karen, is this the road trip to Oregon, or somewhere else?

Tessa, glad you were able to get out for a few miles before the lung came up!

Flight home was a PAIN.  Made it out of Detroit OK, but Chicago not so much.  Flight was delayed, then even more late taking off because they overbooked by one.  Then it took longer flying.  Then we couldn't get off the plane for at least an extra 15 min.  Then our bags took 20+ minutes to make it to the parasol.  Got home at 330am.  Actually slept on the planes, pretty hard.  Slept through take off and landing woke me up. Got about 6 when I got home.  Gimping about pretty badly.  Slower than 3 weeks ago, but the blisters are way less and way more tolerable.

So, while we were out there, a race down here opened up for registration, and the first 50 people got a 20% discount, so Lisa's SO signed us up!!!!  And had quick fingers and got us both the 20%.  Rocky Raccoon, a 100K in February down here in TX outside of Houston.  She and I both have been wanting to run it.  And both are excited.

This is us on the trail with our Rocky confirmation email!! Woot Woot!!!!!

Not sure I have much else.  Anyone who wants to read a short blurb about the race, I posted on the weekend thread.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Oof. So humid out there. But at least it was cloudy. I got my long run out of the way early for the week, 16 done. I am not sure how much running I'll be doing while traveling, so thought I'd get this one in while I could. I know Wednesday I won't run as that's our longest travel day, probably 10 hours. The next day only about 5 and then only 3-4, so we'll have time to do some exploring and relaxing, but I"m assuming I'll get in more hiking than running. Hoping to run more the 3 nights we're parked in the ski resort outside of Durango. And next week.....no idea.

Doing laundry now and heading to the grocery store shortly to get our food for the trip. Meals are limited to what we can cook on the grill or single burner stove, and what fits in the small fridge. So planning is key.

Liz, nice run. I am so glad you are loving the new job.

Damaris, I laughed at that too. Enjoy the 7. Yes, c'mon Indy!

Cathy, great job on that tough run. Aww, poor DD. Neither one of you is used to running in warm and humid, I'm guessing. They used to deliver the Gatorade (Gatorade is a national sponsor for us). They decided they couldn't swing that anymore and were going to drop as a sponsor, then agreed they would still provide it for us if they could just make one delivery for all of the Houston area groups and one for the Austin area groups (and the rest of the country I guess is on their own). Of course the person that got the Houston delivery lives an hour away from me. But now I have 4 cases of concentrated Gatorade in the back of my car.

Kathryn, so proud of you for pushing through and finishing Mohican! That much time on your feet is no joke. I'm so excited that you guys are both coming to Rocky and I get to crew for you! That's so awesome that you both got the big discount - what a great guy. I laughed at that picture - it really captures the enabling spirit of this group! This is not the Oregon trip, we're taking almost two weeks to meander through Colorado and New Mexico. There is a get together at a ski resort near Durango for owners of our particular van, so we're going to that over the weekend, then not sure about the return trip, but probably spend some time in New Mexico. On the way out we're stopping at Palo Duro Canyon by Amarillo and a state park near Taos, NM. We get back and then head out a week and a half later for Oregon. That will just be a long weekend and we're flying.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hi! Still catching up from my trip to Texas. Lots of driving.  Reunion was ok.  Got to hang w a couple of my friends.  Was in Dallas when the storm hit last week.  Mom was driving us home from brunch. White out rain, high winds, trees down everywhere..."I think I can drive under that power line"...NO!!!!!  Turn around NOW!!! Her power was only out for about 16 hours thank goodness.  Drove to the farm, hung out with my brother and his wife, then drove to Houston area to see sister and her family and then home on Saturday. Traffic was crazy, I was driving DH's truck with furniture in the back. Ugh.  Dad came home with me for a couple of weeks.

I did run while I was gone, and went to body pump this morning.  Ready to get back into the routine. Went to silver sneakers class w Mom ---that old lady just about kicked my butt!  The coordination/dance moves are my downfall.

Hope to WFH the rest of the week.

Smile

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Crazy busy day over here. Traveling will be happening soon. I am waiting on my list of sites I need to visit within 30 days.

Docket – Come ONNNN Indy! Yay for travel next week!! 😊 Are you planning on running in the city?

Cathy – NICE running for you this weekend! You crushed that run yesterday. Nice job! Poor DD! Hey, we are all on the struggle bus sometimes. At least she tried! Shes so cute. Its Monday and you are already planning your weekend?! Me too. 😉 I may have to own a lot of bug spray 😊 When I run at my parents house, its buggy but not any worse than it is here. Hopefully it’s the same. Either way I gotta deal with it!

Kathryn – EW, that is a travel day from hell yesterday! YUCK. Glad you got home safe. At least you didn’t have to stay the night in the airport. Even more awesome is the race sign up! WOOHOO! That’s exciting!! The new place would be about 20 minutes from here. Its 7 acres 😊

Karen – Very nice run today! I am sure you are glad its done. Might be nice to have a little running break. You are going to be in very close quarters with DH for a while though..you may find time to run 😊 LOL.

Susan – Aw, glad you had a great time with your family. Enjoy hanging with your dad for a few weeks!

Have a good afternoon everyone! Its hot and disgusting here!

Docket_Rocket

It will be too hot to run in DC next week at the hours that I can, so likely a TM run and the rest I'll spend sightseeing and eating/drinking.  Sounds great to me, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

We are provisioned and I am getting excited! DH is taking a half day tomorrow and will go get the van from our storage unit, then we'll load it up. Dogs go to the kennel tomorrow as well (not ready for 12 days in a 20' van with DH and both dogs yet). I would like to clean the floors and bathrooms before we leave so I come back to a clean house, but right now I am beat. Long run is catching up to me.

Susan, sounds like a good trip. Nice your dad came back with you. I'm laughing at the silver sneakers class, only because I know I'd be the same way!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Kat & Lisa, excellent race, great RR, Kat!

Susan, busy bee  Sounds like a good trip.

Karen, yay!  All ready to go.  I assume the pups are not going?

And I got this today, on Day # 1 of Chicago Marathon training.  Who needs a cape when you can have a Headsweat Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

So the "quiet" week is off to a busy start. I always think I can use this time to catch up, hah! Wound up with all sorts of stuff today that needs to be dealt with before the end of the month. Strength training this evening.

KatS, that race sounds tough, especially in the rain. I lol-ed at you both registering for a race while in the middle of another one.

Turtle, humid runs are tough.

CrazySue, any workouts that require coordination are not my thing. It takes me forever to pick that stuff up.