Womens Running

365 Tiny Buddha (Read 17 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

I'll have some time tonight to post today's question (for lack of a better word).  Thought I'd start a new topic to try it out.  This way anyone interested could come here to see what it's like.  I can either do individual topics like this for each day or just post on the daily thread.  You all let me know what you think.

dhuffman63

Trails

Ok the Challenge part reads:

Give yourself a push - do something that you know is good for you, but you sometimes struggle to do.

Then there's the Reflection:

Why do you have such a hard time doing this thing?

Why do you want to do this, in spite of the difficulty? What benefits do you receive when you do it?

How can you make this easier or more fun so that you can motivate yourself to do this  today - even if for just a short while?

Then there's How Did It Go?

What did you do and how did you feel after doing it?

There's a little section for brainstorming if you can't thing of anything.  For me my push would be "eat more vegetables"

I want to eat healthier but can't think of ways to incorporate more veggies.  I tend to just eat what is easiest, waffles, cereal, oatmeal.  Today instead of snacking on cookies I ate some baby carrots.  It went fine but need more variety.

I can post the daily challenge starting in January either as a separate post (time consuming) or just as part of my day to day.  No need to respond publicly if you don't want to.  I plan on keeping a journal and see how that goes.

Docket_Rocket

Sounds good.  I would like to participate.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am down to participate!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I would also like to participate. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

All right!  I'll start on Jan 1st unless you all would like to start earlier.  Here or Dailies?

Kilmisters

I'm in!

Here, to make the whole thing more structured.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris