Womens Running

Tuesday At Work (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday is our heavy work day. Wink

Post!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I hope the meeting was not too bad. Email me if you need to talk. I surely do empathize.

Tessa, my running kept me sane the whole time DH was ill at home. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Monday coach and I ran together on the track. I did 35 minutes there, then did 30 minutes cardio DVD at home.

Track run and cardio when I get home today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning!

did a 15 mile bike and jumped off ran 2.  Today will get a swim in.   you guys don't just enable running.....LOL...still haven't decided....

Laura - Good luck on the job!

karen - hope they get things figured out on the race. loved your blog...

Judy - Hope you have a good day at work!

Hi to all!

Off to work...

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Judy - which cardio DVD do you use?

Carol - nice ride and run!  Thanks for the good luck wishes Smile

4 miles this morning.  I went to a cardio/weight class last night and loved it - it's 30 seconds of weights, 30 seconds of cardio and you do about 10 circuits.  I had no problems keeping up but man, could I feel it on my run this am.  Tired legs and sore glutes ha ha.

Ugh, back to the grind....at least it's 'already' Tuesday.

Hi!  Six miles this morning.  Felt better--guess I did need a day off!

Laura--fingers crossed on the job interview

BBL

ginnyb

Judyruns....ends up we never did have a meeting, she likes to keep us in suspense, LOL!

Carol...nice on the biking and running!  You can do the olmpic!

Laura...I think I would enjoy a cardio/weight class.  Yes, at least it is already Tuesday.  Hope the job comes through.

Tessa... hope all is well with you today.  Good thing you are able to get out there and run!

They asked me to work a split today, so I am here this morning, go home at 1, and have to come back at 5.  Not my favorite thing to do, but I said Yes before my mind kicked in.  I do that a lot, speak before thinking.

Oh yeah, ran a little over 3 miles this morning and felt great again.  I thought I was going slow, but looked at my garmin at one mile and I was running much faster than I thought, love when that happens.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, could you leave your DH when you ran? I am not comfortable leaving him alone for long since he can't get up unassisted.

Ginny, split shift, ugh, hope you can at least get home in between shifts.

Laura, fingers crossed on the job interview!

Carol, whatever you work out doing, enjoy it.

Lisa, how's the WW going?

Susan, good for the 6 miles!

4 this morning at 4 AM with RN. And she said that she was even gladder she didn’t go on the second loop on Sunday when someone mentioned the bear sighting, apparently the group ran into a bear on the trail and all of them retreated into a defensible spot, picked up rocks, stood there trembling, and the bear lumbered right on by.

I am at work today so will be going to the gym at lunch, teaching a class this evening. DH is still recovering from two doctor’s appointments yesterday. He was absolutely exhausted when we got back. Collapsed into the recliner and hasn’t got up yet. He has the PT coming at noon.

Trying hard to track because I want to weigh in within goal+2 on Sunday.

Anonymous Guest

9 miles with 10x100 thrown in. I am quite pleased I was able to jump right back in to my training plan after Saturday's ultra. I was afraid I'd have to cut back mileage or intensity for awhile, so glad this run went as well as it did. I was back to my normal pace (yesterday's run was much slower) and everything. DH is working from home again. I told him that while I liked having him around, he was cramping my style because I can't use the computer. My ipad has been randomly crashing, I think just because it's old, plus I can't upload my garmin or anything else that needs a USB port in the ipad.

Quick update on Saturday. They still haven't posted results, but someone from the running club saw my post on the race facebook page (I basically said it was a great race and a fun day, although a little disheartening to see the woman I passed with less than two minutes to go and finished in front of win my age group and the overall masters, and that the volunteers were awesome and fun) and asked if I could send him my garmin file because he remembered me going back and forth with him and his wife. He confirmed that I did indeed finish in front of them (his wife is in my age group as well) and a few others. We emailed back and forth a few times, really nice guy, and he said he was pretty sure the results would show me at 35+ and not the 32.9 that they had me at. WIth variations in the garmin for turns and trees and stuff, it shows I went 35.51, and the winner they measured at 35.76, so I assume I actually ran about 35.8. I don't know if they will go to the trouble of checking with the girl they gave the overall to or not, so I may end up second instead of first, but at least I'll get credit for most of that last lap. Will have to wait and see.

Laura, the cardio weight class sounds fun. I would totally do a class like that if my gym offered it.

Ginny, I don't think I'd like the split work day either. Glad you had a good run though!

Oh Tessa, I'm tired just reading your post. Try to take it easy on yourself a little, okay?

Nice workouts Judy, Carol and Susan!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sigh another long day for me Smile

10.1 this am.  and an hour of Pilates.

Carol we will support you no matter what you decide to do about the Tri

Laura nice cardio workout

Ginny well boo or maybe good to not have the meeting.  Except if she still wants to do it later or unannounced.

Tessa more hugs and prayers. It is so tough.  We can only imagine what you are going through.  Make sure to get some time for yourself. It is hard but it is important.  Being a care giver is really tough and we often don't take time for ourselves.

Karen hope they get the stuff updated.

Marjorie