Womens Running

World Cup Monday (dailies) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen – AWE, I smiled when I read about your new running buddy Smile  You do have awesome legs btw. You are not in old lady clothes!! LOL. I would wear what you are wearing in this picture (and race shirt and shorts). I can tell you did your hair, too – love it!! I would never bother to do it in that TX humidity though. Haha.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen check out Relentless Forward Progress.  There are some good training plans in there. Running your first ultra by Krissy Moehle is another good one.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Just a quick HI and check in.

Austin was certifiably weird.  No warm fuzzies, lots of awkward silences, few questions or interactions, and several times where the answers were different than when the one woman and I spoke 2-3 weeks ago.  The San Antonio location now is wishy-washy.  Not a good vibe.  Spent about 90 minutes in one clinic, ugh.  Nothing warm and fuzzy about the clinic either.  The only thing it has going for it is that it is cheap.  They are very strange about who they are and how they work along with their relationship with Petco.  Need to figure out what to say to the woman tomorrow in my thank you note.

As far as Glass City, I'm in.  Well, mostly in.  If/when I get a job and they will give me the weekend off.  Detroit is a direct flight from here.

Wine in hand wishing you all a good night.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.25 miles. It was almost cool out, definitely didn't feel like June. Had to run, there was left over cake at work from a new bakery. OMG, now I definitely have to go. I figured it would be good, the owner used to be at my favorite cupcake place.

AnonymousGuest, definitely not what I would call old lady clothes.

Rail trails, the ones in MD are not paved. The big one (NCR) is crushed limestone. I've done a bunch of races on it, it's probably the closest to flat anywhere around.

KatS, definitely seems like an odd experience. Was it as much you getting a feel for the place?

Arimathea

Tessa

Rail trails vary a lot in my experience, they can be dirt or asphalt or crushed limestone or gravel...the thing they have in common is that there aren't really steep grades since trains don't like those at all.

Great for conversion since they are long skinny rights of way.

I am lurking but don't have much time for personals. Did not get a run in today, woke up late and worked through lunch.

Karen, Sandy, glad you have made friends in the neighborhoods!

Yes, make Toledo official. It's the week after Easter so I should be clear except for classes.

Diane, one addition -- Relentless CONTROLLED Forward Motion. Kat can vouch for the fact that I said that and promptly did an uncontrolled forward motion...splat. What Lisa refers to as an unplanned gravity check.

Hot here. Bah.

If Glass City is official, I'm calling dibs on a bed at Lisa's place!

An impressive amount of extroverting going on here.  Well done ladies!

I spent entirely too much time in the car today, driving back from Tahoe and timing things wrong so that I ended up in commute traffic.  Then I had to get a few hours of work done.  Ugh, talk about crushing a nice weekend high.  

Going to say hi and hit the sack.

For Kilmisters: this was my weekend reading material, since the US is not playing this year.  I'll cheer for Iceland, of course, since who doesn't love an underdog and the country's entire population would fit in the San Francisco Bay Area several times over.  I'd also like to see Mexico do well.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

-delete-

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris