Womens Running

Frightened Friday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

DH might have R's sickness now....

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RR- Memorial run was great. I ran there, DH drove, I took kiddo, and he ran with the others. A scholarship was started, and a lot of people donated.  Hoping to run 18 miles today. no idea if I can fit it in.

BR- He was a champ last night, didn't get home till after 10pm, and he didn't take any naps during the event. still didn't sleep through the night either, oh well. =)

FR- Fenwayparty  tonight!!! yay!

NRR- picked up shift at Y this a.m. need hair cut.. DH wont be home till 4:30, which is earlier than norm, but not sure if I can get my miles in before meeting people for car pool at 7. wonder if it would be too weird to run with the Bob to get hair cut.. DH is doing his long run tomorrow a.m., big group run, usually alcohol involved after, so I will prob end up on child watch after he runs. May volunteer to watch couple other kids while parents run. If I get up early enough, I could run to the group run I can get some miles in....  Shooting for 60 miles this week. I am working sunday 11:45-6, either get miles in before of after that.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

Erniegirl

Well, shit. My run started out good - I had a good pace going and felt really strong for the first 10k, and then I hit a patch of black ice and went flying. Landed hard on my right side and cut up my knee, elbow, hip and wrist. Twisted my right ankle. I walked for five minutes and decided everything was still in one piece and was able to finish the whole 27k, but now my ankle is angry and a bit swollen. Icing it and hoping for the best!

~~~~

mer - Is 13.1 your longest run for your half training or are you going longer after this week? I am pretty good at converting miles to km and vice versa since being in this group, but I still have to google convert whenever someone posts a temperature in Fahrenheit! Lol on your poop tmi. That is a long wait, I hope you made it!

CA - Are they wizard of oz themed mega blocks? Your cake is going to be so cool. I don't think I could ever pull anything like that off - I can cook and bake so that things taste good, but I am a terrible artist! Enjoy your adult dinner and I hope your dog is okay!

rg - Super cute about R "sharing" his toys with the baby!  How was your hunger situation during your run today? Did you find something to eat to keep you satisfied? I was thinking today that this is an ongoing problem for me, too - no matter how much I eat before a run or fuel during, my stomach invariably starts growling like crazy once I've run for an hour. I am so tired of this crap weather, too! Being in the house all the time is definitely tough - have you been to that play centre lately?

moxie - Bowling sounds like fun! Lol on "let's rage!" When I was in university, that's how we referred to partying hard, ie. "My last exam was today, I am going to rage tonight!" I haven't heard that expression in a few years.

spike - Oh yes, whining is SO ANNOYING! I have to leave the room when S does it because it makes me crazy. Why just a salad at dinner? Not a good GF restaurant? Yay for DH being home and doing some garage cleaning! I want my DH to clear a bunch of stuff out of our garage, too, but it's still too darn cold out.

e-rain - Awesome about the scholarship! You are doing a great job fitting in all that mileage! I am finding it hard to get past 80 km a week (50 miles). I guess it's good motivation to get faster so I can fit more miles in. Have fun at the party tonight!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- The salads are definitely a meal at this place- I will probably order the one with salmon, avocado, black beans/corn, and cilantro lime dressing. But yeah, its hard to find GF places to eat- we would have gone to sushi but I can only order super simple stuff like california rolls- no tempura or eel sauce.. womp womp.

RR update- Weather is lovely, planning on a longish run after work! 5-6 miles

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Have any of you seen Grandma's Boy? There's a part where Nick Swardson's character says "Let's fuckin' rage!!" at a board meeting after Kevin Nealon's hippy granola boss character suggests that they celebrate the release of their new videogame, and then takes them to a vegan restaurant where David Spade is the waiter and plays a panflute.   Did I mention that I love stoner movies? Odd since I've never tried MJ... but yeah that is one of my all time favorites.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - yes, it's a mega bloks wizard of oz, http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Blok-Block-Buddies-Wonderful/dp/B0007Q1JH0 , I'm not very artistic either, but very precise and can follow directions, so I'll find a sample online and copy it for the most part.

spike - yay for nice weather! Never heard of Grandma's boy. I saw one cake on the net that used poprocks on the emerald city, I need to do some research, maybe rice krispy treats coated in green pop rocks?

e_rain - sounds like a busy day, hope you can get your run in! 60 miles is a lot in a week!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

moxieluvah

Zorbs - they say it at the beginning of the song, and it's probably not a song a 4 year old should be singing but I like pop radio

spike - we want to move to a certain area and there aren't many house for sale there so our realtor thinks we should sell now  so that when something comes up that we like we don't have the contingency to sell in our offer and Could potentially get bumped out by someone without the contingency. we would either live with my parents or rent until we find something. So we aren't in a hurry to sell and if these people don't come up in price we will just move on and wait for someone else.

moxieluvah

E rain- 60 miles is impressive, I want to hit 60 at least once during this ultra training cycle.