Womens Running

Work hard play hard Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

CTimesTwo

CA - i miss doing duathlons!  They were so much fun... I haven't done one in years and my poor road bike is collecting dust in the garage.. i've never done a tri though, probably b/c I'd drown during the swim portion...

becky - I like your positive attitude.. I usually try to convince myself, Today I will NOT think about how tired I feel... ha..

Leela - i've had left hip problems for a couple years now, and my PT said it was linked to the problem in my left knee (which is the knee that has been bothering me for awhile now).. physio helped a lot but I stopped going a long time ago...

arm - i have no winter clothes for C yet... just a hand-me-down winter coat that may be too big... i'm still mad that I didn't pick up a snowsuit when they were on clearance in the spring..

mer - how long will you be on mat leave for?  I guess the school systems are really different here... we have a long list of supply teachers ready to jump in when anyone is sick or is off for an extended period of time..

ernie - are you saying DH cleaned the house??  I'm so jealous... ha on 'tits'... nice to see she's expanding her vocabulary.. ha..

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 miles with RP and stroller last night. I figured R could use some fresh air and DH could use a little break since he's going to have 3.5 days at home with R in a row. I love running in the evening- I got to stay in bed til 6 today since I didn't have to do a daycare run!

TR: Diarrhea and vomiting at daycare yesterday and got sent home. Dh picked him up. Poor kid keeps complaining that his tummy hurts and asks for kisses.

FR: Corn chowder last night. Probably the steak and roasted potatoes tonight. DH is really not wanting to eat red meat lately so he'll probably whine. I need to pull stuff out of the freezer to thaw. I have some damn work BBQ/drink the Koolaid party to go to Saturday and I need to come up with a side dish. A lot of times at potlucks/bbqs I end up eating only the stuff that I brought. I was thinking about doing either baked beans or that Greek Quinoa salad.

NRR: Not a whole lot going on this week, which is nice!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- when R says he has to go potty, DH ignores him unless he runs to the bathroom. I had to bitch at him to run after R last night because he had diarrhea and probably couldn't hold it while DH took his sweet time moseying to the bathroom. My DH is not impressed by kale.

runnergirl- does that manager just have it in for you or something? Hmm.. I wish someone would take me to Greece for 2 weeks...

eh- DH, R, and I all got haircuts yesterday. I have deemed the kid haircuts a DH responsibility because its at the barber shop. Amazingly R remembered the barber's name hours later when he was telling me that he got his hair cut in a racecar by Jordan.

Ernie- R knows what boobs are and asks me about them whenever he sees mine. He also lifts his shirt and shows me his lol. Last night I accidentally pinched his junk when I was pulling down his diaper to go potty and he said "Penis hurt, mommy kiss!" I had to explain to him that I don't care how hurt his penis is, it will never get kisses because that's not appropriate.

cx2- R was good and sweet for daddy yesterday afternoon but turns whiny/bratty as soon as I walk in the door.

mer- Why don't people understand the importance of dressing for the job you want? I wore jeans to an interview once, but it was for a job on a farm- and I wore my nice Doc Martens with them. Once I worked there for a while, a gal showed up for an interview in a cream colored suit and heels and they didn't hire her because they thought she would be too prissy to get dirty.

armama- I bought a winter coat and snow boots for R at Ross this weekend for $15 each. I need to get his snowpants, hat and gloves still though. Where did you order from??

leela- I always go through periods of self doubt and overconfidence when training. My training was going so great that I talked about doing a fall marathon LOL

mzm- I think I saw a bunch of obermeyer stuff on I think 6pm.com and sierratradingpost.com when I was looking for backpacking gear.

Becky- R has a hard time with L's too, I think its pretty common. Good that you are on top of it. When my mom and stepdad got together, it was my mom that pushed to get my stepbro into speech therapy because he had a hard time with Rs. He would say Cah instead of Car like he bad a Boston accent or something.

CA- the "go back to sleep, its not morning yet" is a daily thing at our house Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD- I have a pair of shoes that I think are dead. Are they ok to save to use as my winter screw shoes, or should I pitch them? They have I think about 360 miles on them. Next oldest pair have about 200 but are my really lightweight Nike Lunarflys and then I have a pair of Asics under 100 miles.

running eh

RR#2 - I did the spin class, undecided as to how I feel about it.  Also did about 20mins of core and weights - kind of aimlessly wandered the gym and did a few random things.  Then went to the grocery store and bought a huge tin of cookies b/c they were on clearance, ooops!  I am craving them already!

Ernie - it's so fun running somewhere new, especially some place as exciting as Niagara Falls!  Wow, your DH is awesome, a clean house?!?!  Mine has baked cakes before, but it has to get really gross for him to clean.

cx2 - daycare really sounds like it's tiring C out - hopefully she will adjust soon.  How long do they nap there?  DS is all out of sorts b/c of starting school too.  He is 5.5 and there is no way he would survive full day, every day SK - he goes M, W, F

mer - sounds like a busy day.  you have such a great attitude though, I would complain non-stop, I'm sure! Glad you found a sub!!  Jeans to an interview, really??!!??

arm - FR sounds good, no wonder the kids love it!  It is nice to get that cuddle time w. the kids, they grow up too fast!  Where did you order the snowsuits from?  I need to see if my kids need new ones this year.

leela - great run this morning!  Love that DH is on board and now setting even greater goals.  It is so nice to have someone on the same page as you.  Glad the pilates went well!  How did the lentil sausage thing turn out the other day?

becky -boo on missing the sbux run, you could have used that!  Hope your day is good today - it has to be better than yesterday.

CA - glad M slept through the night (mostly)  She must have been exhausted.  Sounds like a lot of working out today.  Hope the massage and chiro can work out the kinks!

zorbs - I pay monthly for DD2, but I don't want to pay monthly for the other two b/c they are usually in school  The drop in fee was raised last year from 2.25 to 5.00!!!  Ridiculous!  Oh, I forgot about DS and his hatred of all things veggie!

running eh

spike  - Why is DH off of red meat.  I can't imagine my DH EVER complaining about too much red meat.  He is a meat guy for sure.  Hope R's tummy gets better quickly and I hope no one else gets sick!  Nice 5mi stroller run!  Does DS like going in the stroller still?

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- I dunno, we eat mostly chicken, turkey, and some pork. He's been off red meat for a while, just doesn't taste great to him right now I guess. R still likes the stroller- he tolerates up to 6-7 miles if I feel like pushing him that far. Last night he was nodding off and fighting it by sitting upright and was wobbling all over the place- hilarious! I remembered that I finished off R's yogurt yesterday morning when he refused it after a couple bites- tummy feels off today :S  R seems like he's feeling better today, but his godmother didn't want to risk getting sick so he's home with dad.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - I lol at the kid friendly meals too.  B won't eat any protein except tofu, he won't eat tomato sauce so hiding veggies in red sauce is out, and he doesn't trust dips either.

CA - hey, hungover LRs are fun! hungover races not so much Smile

spike - lmfao on the hurt penis kiss.  DH would tell B that he has to wait to get a girlfriend before his penis will get kisses.  QOTD - I would use an older, but not totally dead pair of shoes for screw shoes.  Dead enough that you can pitch them at the end of winter and not feel bad about it but not so dead that there's nothing left on them already.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Cx2:  After yesterday's craptastic day - today is much better Smile  I have added half caf back into my diet so as to convince myself I am NOT tired Wink

Spike:  LOL, DH would starve if we gave up red meat.  Yeah, L is a harder sound but worked with a mirror today so he could see.  We were working with blending sounds and I just couldn't understand anything that had an L in it so we were trying to address it a little.  C is good with most ending sounds, the beginning ones are a mess.  He also copes really well.  When you try to get him to say something he has trouble with, he just used a different word - that bugger Smile

Eh!  I made cookies last week to take on our trip.  Just enough for C and DH so I couldn't get into them!  I've never taken a spin class.  They scare me.

Zorbs:  Yep, C won't do red sauce either.  Ketchup is the only "dip" he will try.  He does eat baby carrots, thank goodness.

runnergirl9508

RR2: 8.5 miles this morning, and it was gorgeous out! perfect cool fall weather- I love it!

reh: how did you like spin class? i'll freely admit that I hate it. I feel so awkward on a bike, and I hate how it makes my legs sore and I feel it when I run the next day. I have to instruct spin every once in a while at the gym where I work, and I dread that 45 minutes so much! aw, nice that you and DH got to have an early breakfast together. most mornings i'm at work before DH gets up, so we rarely have breakfast together during the week. usually on Sunday's i'll cook a big breakfast for us.

Ernie: haha, I totally know which streets you're talking about running down! sounds like a nice run. lol on "tits" that's so funny! hooray for DH cleaning while you were gone! have fun at the sensory class today.

Cx2- it has been perfect running weather this week! I usually take a rest day 2 days out from a race (so Friday for a Sunday race) and run an easy 2-3 the day before. I think it's more for my head than my legs, Wink sounds like a much better night of sleep for everyone last night! yeah, i'll admit it's taken the wind out of my sails a bit. the one lady I trained this morning told me that she's not going to continue training with anyone else after she finishes her sessions with me. I will write her up workouts she can do on her own.

Mer- aw, I hope your back is feeling better today! 38 weeks, eep! not too much longer. hope the dr apt goes well today. ugh, long day for you today, hope you get a chance to put your feet up and relax tonight! glad you found a sub, that would have me so stressed out! my DH would love that cake- I'm not a fan of chocolate cake. weird, I know.

arm- great job on your run today! awww, poor L! glad that swimming is going better for DD. R looooooves my vegetarian chili- I load it up with black beans, red beans, and kidney beans. are you looking forward to the snow again in the winter? I am sure your kids will love it!

leela- nice run this morning! I wish we had an early morning track group. there's a group that meets at 5:45pm, but that doesn't work for me b/c DH doesn't get out of work until 6-6:30 most nights. glad that your DH is on board with a speedier marathon goal- I think you got it! yay for B- sounds like she's adjusting well. awesome that you are able to identify the source of your injuries and work on it. I think prehab is a hugely important and very often overlooked component of many running programs.

becky- bummer on missing sbux this morning! glad you got something in though. lol on the PB trick, i'm sure he doesn't mind that one at all! have a great day today. I LOVE pumpkin and apple picking- fall is my favorite season.

CA- whoop on a 10 miler tonight- that's great! oooh, good luck on your duathalon this weekend. ugh, I hope the PF settles down for you- no fun! wow on M sleeping so long- good job! hope that O handles the shots well. R was over them in about 2 seconds and never had any side effects like a fever.

spike- awww, I hope that R is feeing better today, and that the rest of you stay healthy! nice run last night. sometimes fresh air and a change of scenery is just what's needed. LOL on the Kool-Aid party. I always bring something healthy to potlucks. enjoy your down week, I like those. why is your DH anti-red meat? I have no idea what's up with the manager- she's gotten rid of 3 really good employees in the past 6 months, maybe I am the next on her "hit list." oh well, eff her. I'd use the shoes with 360 miles on them- I usually don't retire mine until they have 400+, but then again you may wear your shoes a bit differently than I do!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- these shoes are those Asics GelNeo33s and they are a little bit cheaper shoe. I usually get closer to 400 miles on them but my hips/knees were killing me after 6 miles in them Sunday a week ago. I guess Red meat just doesn't taste good to him lately.

running eh

rg - I wasn't sold on the spin class either.  I tried not to push it too much as tomorrow I am planning on running on the trail where my trail race will be.  My legs feel great right now and I have been fitting in lots of yoga so I was thinking since I had "extra' time I would add in some cross training.  I would actually like to swim, but my gym has no pool.  Would you recommend something different for xtraining or would you add in an extra day of easy running if I have time/energy?  The weather today is so great, it made me kind of sad to sit on a bike in a gym!  Sounds like you had a great run!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - BOO DH at the pottie fail. My DH is not a kale fan, but does like that premixed kale salad w/ the poppy seed dressing.

RG - Fun on the finger paints! I suck at any of those home craft things.

r-eh - fun date night with DD1! I'll have to steal that idea once M is a bit older.

ernie - that does sound like a fun run yesterday! lmao on S yelling tits! Love it when DH cleans!

cx2 - wow on the early nights yesterday! Poor C, I bet she'll adjust after a bit more time. Hard to see them sad though.

mer - mmm alone in the house... what's that like? Smile Enjoy that cake and ice cream!

arm - M is also a bit weird on the kid friendly stuff, she's not usually a fan of hamburgers or grilled cheese and other typical kids menu food. I need to get winter gear for my girls too!

leela - nice run today! I've never used a pilates reformer, but that class sounds great! LOL at DH! I'm psyched for your race too!

becky - mmm I'd be modivated in Speech therapy w/ pb too! Boo on missing the sbux run, but nice job getting something done!

spike - nice work on the stroller run! Poor R Sad Hope he feels better. For me 360 miles is dead... I don't think I'd get away w/ using them as screw shoes.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

cx2 - Do you have a time goal for your half on Saturday or are you just wanting to finish and have fun? Sorry you had a grumpy baby on your hands last night. Wow on DH being in bed by 7 pm, that's crazy early, especially for such a night owl. Yes, my DH actually cleaned up! Things were fairly clean when I left, but he actually cleaned up a bit in the kitchen and vacuumed and, most importantly, cleaned up after himself while I was gone.

Mer - With those 14 hour days, you deserve back rubs AND foot rubs every night! DH's cake sounds awesome! So glad you found a sub, even if she seems a bit dim in the figuring out how to dress herself for an interview department.

Arm - Good work on getting your run done - dark and rainy is not inviting weather! Are your kids excited for a real, snowy winter? I just bought S a snowsuit from a second hand store. It is a boy's snowsuit, but I figured I might as well take advantage of being able to buy her whatever's cheap before she starts caring about her clothes. Lol on "Bras!" A couple of people definitely looked up in surprise to S's "tits" yelling. And then my mom and I could not stop ourselves from laughing, so of course she kept repeating it.

Leela - Great track workout. I've never done Pilates with the reformers. Is it hard to get the hang of? Nice on DH getting into the goal setting. I think you will both push each other just enough to have a really fast race!

zorbs - Having never gone, I only have a vague idea of what Graston and ART involve, but that sounds like a hardcore physio session! There is supposed to be kale in our CSA box this week. so maybe I'll have to try this whole massaging thing.

Becky - Great trick with the peanut butter! Sorry you missed your sbux run. You are definitely due for a much better day today!

CA - I'm jealous that you're so close to Banff. I've never been. Good call on switching your LR. There is no way I would be able to drag my hungover ass out the door for an LR while I'm on vacation.

Spike - Not having to run so early must feel nice! The only nice thing about early runs are getting them done, but if you love running in the evening, I guess you don't have too much trouble getting out there after working all day. S knows what boobs are, too. She calls them "beeboos" and grabs mine all the time and looks proud. So "tits" likely does not actually mean tits, but I can't figure out what it does mean. There doesn't seem to be any context when she's saying it. LOL on the whole penis kiss thing.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15