It's Friday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are here to listen. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I did 40 minutes of cardio dvd after some domestic cross training…um…the vac weighs more than I do and I humbly ask if I could have XT credit for it. Big grin  Then I peeled 5 pounds of potatoes. Ready to get the crock pot going tonight for my beef vegetable soup with red wine. Yum!

Track run and cardio DVD today.

DS was doing doc visits yesterday. His PCP is sending him to a cardiologist on Monday to rule out heart stuff.

Friend is going to have an angiogram next week. He may need a stent.

Please keep us in your thoughts.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy of course you get credit for the vacuum.

Lisa breathe. It will all work out. The doctor is giving you good advice. You'll get back out there soon.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning and YEAH that's it's Friday!!

5,2 miles, 4 of them with a friend.

Judy - thinking of you, your friend and DS Smile

Marjorie - good morning!

Hi Lisa, Tessa, Carol, Ginny, Sue, Cindy, Camille, Damaris, Julie, Karen...yikes I know I am forgetting some  (not enough coffee)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey Laura

i did run. Guess I should put that down, huh?  10.6 miles

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight to compensate for the missed run on Wednesday (SRD instead).  I must have hurt my wrist doing pushups last night because typing this hurts, ouch.

judyruns, 5 lbs of potatoes?  How many people were eating?  Enjoy your workouts.  Sorry about your friend.

Marjorie, nice 10.  20 again this weekend?

LC Runs, hi!  nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

I haven't run since Tuesday, just feeling kind of blah, hope this doesnt adversely affect my half on Sunday...oh well , how much worse could I do?  Not really expecting much different.   Sorry...just down in the mouth the past few days...

Hi to everyone though!

Ginny

I love this little guy, think of getting another tattoo

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Super-easy ride on the bike this morning, followed by a super-easy 5 mile run, followed by a dog walk. Beautiful weather again today. Tomorrow is the second TT race on the bike, so I just wanted to make sure everything was working and I could still ride the darn thing! Didn't spend nearly as much time on the bike as I would have liked between the two races, but nothing I can do about that now!

Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

annieSusan

I had a decent long run of 8 miles yesterday. Love this weather; cool at night so morning runs are lovely. Today I had breakfast with friends, and the hopped on my road bike, intending to  ride an out and back trail for a total of 12 miles. Instead, by the time I got to a turn-off I had talked myself into a 20 mile loop instead. It was nice. I am still playing around with the seat on this bike, because it is causing me some trouble. I am going to move it some more, and maybe consider getting new bike shorts, before I start looking at switching to a different seat. Do bike shorts wear out like running shoes do? I guess I never thought about it...

annieSusan

Bikerchick1

Judy - Good thoughts being sent for your DS and friend....   Of course domestic training is x-training!

LCruns - Isn't this weather great for running!!!

Marjorie - Nice on the run!  You are always sooo good with your runs!

Damarias - Ouch, hope you didn't hurt your wrist!

Ginny - You will do fine on the half!!!

Karen - Good luck on the TT Smile

LisaMMR - From yesterday.....I am glad that the doc acknowledged that your recovery, wasn't exactly where it should be.  I hope that the injection helps the healing!

Had a fun time at the 5K with my friend!  She was pretty excited to have finished...I did have to "nicely" coach her a few times.......I didn't want her to overdo it, and wasn't sure of her ability....but, on the other hand, it isn't supposed to be a walk in the park Evil   she said after she was glad I "urged" her on or she would have walked alot more.

Did 16 miles with RB today, went well....

Happy Friday!!!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

76 slides explaining medical errors is done.  I'm wiped out and am sick of it!  I had to do so much research to meet all the stuff that had to be included on this as we are submitting it for approval for continuing education credit for our therapists in Florida.  Has to meet all kinds of objectives and cover tons of stuff. Things I knew very little about so I had to pull a bunch of resources.

Now I sent it to be proofed and then I'll add the references to a slide, record it and we can submit it to the state for approval.  If approved then our therapists can take it for free.  They have to take this every 2 years for license renewal.  Even though just a 2 hours course, the fees add up since we have tons of therapists in Florida.  I met my 5 pm deadline.  yay me.

Considering I just found out about this 2 weeks ago and they want it all like right now since license renewal is in November and it takes 30 days to get a course approved, I'm pretty please I pulled it off

Marjorie

Marjorie-I'm impressed too! Nice job!

ginny- you'll do great on the half. Have fun.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Nice run in St. George this morning. Along a well traveled road, which was not so great, but then up and around a new tract with stunning views across the Virgin River valley. Beautiful. About 5 miles in all.

Then lots of miles with the aid of a car. Posting from Green River, WY, where the race is tomorrow. No pressure, no time limit. Just cover the distance and add another state to the list.

Not sure about the course map, though. It shows the Green River area overall and then an area called "Scott's Bottom". I want to know who Scott is and why his bottom is so memorable that it needs a mention on the map.

Heading for bed soon because alarm is going to go off all too early. Waiting for a call back from the facility with an update on DH, though. I visited on Tuesday and he had just had PT, I think, because he was being helped back into bed. They called me away to fill out papers and by the time I got back to his room he was asleep and he was not inclined to wake up, so I stayed for a while and then left.

Waving to everyone.