Womens Running

Tasty Tuesday (Read 16 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Off in a bit to a foodie tour today, then free time.

But first...  STARBUCKS.  Yep, sacrilege!  But their seasonal Toffee Nut is yummy.

POST!!!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

CC, yeah, the Europe is having none of unvaccinated people's bs. Austria has lockdown for unvaccinated; Latvia became first European country to take away voting rights from unvaccinated legislators etc. Not quite civil war, but there's certainly a level of shitshow we're going to see in near future, to my mind. I'm really happy my dad will be eligible for 3rd dose quite soon (they'll open the 50+ group for that).

Liz, great race, girl!

Cathy, I totally agree re: winter training for spring races not being fun. I find it much better to suffer a little in summer heat, then do a great autumn race in late Aug/Sep/early Oct! Any races plans for you in 2022? Goals? Smile DD being hesitant driving faster is certainly a plus Smile

Sandy, snow? <3 Send some here!

Off to my Excel stuff; need to get some work done to fit running, dinner @ O'Learys and watching soccer tonight!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Off to meet the movers. Gonna be a long day.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

3 for me this morning. Keeping it nice and slow for recovery. Just kind of running by feel until I start the Winter Training Team. Need to do some weight workouts too.

Just me and Baby B today. I had calls all day yesterday so HCDH was in charge of her. He had to go into work today so its just her and I. Going to be a long day..LOL. Will probably take her for a little walk and maybe run up to the Dollar Store. Since we are hosting Thanksgiving, I am shopping for napkins, plates, etc., at the Dollar Store. Not spending an arm and leg on supplies!

Nothing else exciting in my world!

Cathy – Nice run yesterday! What is your next race? I would love the mid 20’s! Going to warm here a bit this week and I am sad, LOL. Well, I guess when you decide to do Boston you will have to train in the Winter, right? 😊 Laughing at DD and the driving! Glad younger DD didn’t have COVID. Hoping Baby B is negative but kinda hope she is positive. If she is positive it means she would be one of those lucky ones that don’t have symptoms. I didn’t realize TF wasn’t traveling anymore!

Sandy – I meant to say yesterday that our yard is BURRIED in leaves! HCDH just hasn’t had the time to out and deal with them. He was planning to take a day this week to do it while baby B was in daycare. Not anymore, ha. He may try this weekend or next week if she is good to go to daycare. I was going to ask if you were still going to the fitness class. Did she decide against moving? Totally agree – no pressure just needs to be the name of the game for me for now! I am OK with that. Don’t get me started on a COVID rant. We had planned a Thanksgiving here with both families and everyone was all for it..but suddenly now they aren’t. I think most of them are using COVID as an excuse to be honest. You can go to a concert but not a Thanksgiving? Everyone is vaccinated with many of them having the booster. I don’t care if they come or not, but don’t use it as an excuse. Just over it. It's mainly HCDH's family. SO AWESOME that you have someone to watch the kids while you are on your trip!! That is great news. Your trip sounds great!!! Oh god, I can’t even begin to think about getting into a swimsuit! UGH.

Laura – Clusterflack, I like that. WMTT – Winter Marathon Training Team. Just the half training for me though. I am with you – I like to workout and shower before work. Lately my shower has been coming late afternoon, though.

Docket – Smart to not overdo anything!!! Take it easy!

Run4kupcakes – Entire week off next week? That sounds awesome! I took off day after Thanksgiving and week after Christmas, of course that guy that always volunteers me for things is covering – and he now says he may not be able to! WTF!!! I am his boss now! UGHH. Okay, sorry just a vent. I think you are right about the booster. How is MIL?

Kathryn – Foodie tour sounds so fun!!! Enjoy! I am living through your pics

Kilmisters-  You have a busy evening! How are the littles?

Karen – Good luck today. I am sure you will be happy when it’s DONE!

I have to go kill this dang fly. Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill this morning. Now taking all the yearly tests I need to do for my job. Some require no thought, but others are hard since they do not related to my job at all (like stages of child development). Need to finish them by the 30th and do the eval for my employee. Ugh.

KatS, oooh, I have to check the local Starbucks, I haven't had a toffee nut latte in forever. I'm still made they got rid of the gingerbread ones.

Kilmisters, I wish the US was taking the same approach as Europe.

AnonymousGuest, hope the moving goes smoothly. At least you have movers and aren't DIY.

Lizzie, Mil is doing ok. My dad wound up in the ER on Sunday. From talking with my mom, I am still not sure what is going on. Nothing major (like heart attack, stroke, etc). Coverage situations at work, ugh. Dealing with that now. Probably going to go into the office tomorrow because of it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I get to run 2 today! Will try them at lunch. Barre tonight.

Kat, enjoy!

Elina, I wish we could do that here but those are the same assholes that wanted the economy open so people die to cut their hair.

Karen, yay! Hoping you get to sleep on your bed tonight!

Liz, nice 3.

HCK, good luck with the training!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Spin class today was good. And packed. I've never seen that many people in class before. I may need to get up 5 minutes earlier so I can get a bike!

Elina--wow! The EU is sending quite a message. We still have lots of folks that are quite militant about their rights blahblahblah. A few years ago there were several outbreaks of measles and folks were quite critical of the evil/crazy/hippie/inconsiderate anti-vaxxers who did not vaccinate their children and therefore compromised the health of others. Why is this any different?

Karen--woohooo!!! Moving Day!!

HCK--good luck with the testing. Ugh. I hate those things. Such a bother. Hope your dad is doing better.

Lizzie--good luck with the daycare situation

Later!

ccoakley

Kats, sounds like you’re really enjoying your trip!  Last time I was in Paris I switched to Starbucks after 3 days, I like a lot of coffee and the 6oz cups at the local places just didn’t cut it.

Kilmisters, good luck with your busy day and enjoy your dinner out!

Karen, good luck with the movers

Liz, nice recovery run.  So glad you had such an awesome race experience! So weird that HCDH’s husband is flaking on Thanksgiving, haven’t most of them already had covid or don’t believe in it?  Hopefully a smaller group ends up taking some of the stress off of hosting and you get to relax and enjoy it more.  I was totally inspired watching Sat’s race and took advantage of the post-race sale to register for next year.  I even have a plan for how to deal with the summer.  I saw the 10k is Apr 23rd, any chance you’ll do that?

HCK, nice 3 hope that means you’re feeling better.  Good luck with all the tests.  Gingerbread latte was the only holiday flavor I’ve ever liked, I miss it too.

Damaris, enjoy your 2!

Sue, great job on spin class!

Cathy, your recovery seems to be going very well.  My Garmin suggested 4 x 7min @ 7:30 for me last week so yeah 6:55 seems pretty on point for you.  I agree you could be faster if you went for it but you also seem to be really good at not getting injured so maybe you’re on to something.

Sandy, nice runs!  Wow I’m a little jealous you’re already done with the leaves, most of ours are still on the trees.  Very nice that your fur babies will be well taken care of while you’re gone.  I hope you have some time off planned before Feb though, seems like you’ve been working really hard at the job and need a break!

LC Runs, ughh on the snow already!  I really like running mid-morning.  It feels good to set some work done, take a break and then have new energy for work stuff again.  But it only works if you don’t run the risk of getting caught up on work and not able to step away.

6 mi this am, I tried something new.  I turned my watch on and hid it under my sleeves and didn’t look at it again til I was a block from home.  I ran purely by feel mostly easy with a few stretches of moderately hard.  It felt good to run for at least a little bit where my HR got elevated, hopefully I don’t regret it.  I’m slowly working on putting together some 2022 running goals.  I feel like 2021 was a big step backwards for me and I don’t want to waste 2022.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

LC Runs

5.2 for me this morning, it was in the 20's but not really too bad with the right layers on.  Snow is all gone and roads were dry.

Kat - thanks for starting us off!  Sounds like you are having a great time!!

Elina - I feel like everything is a $hit$how these days, so crazy.  Enjoy your evening....4 hours to go for me!

Karen - hope the day goes smoothly!

Lizzie - nice 3!  You would have loved this morning's weather here, I have to say I didn't hate it LOL.  I love the Dollar store for paper products!! That is weird about HCDH family and Thanksgiving; oh well, less for you to cook and clean!  Clusterflack, I like it, too - just came to me and I went with it   Okay, that makes sense with the WMTT, I was thinking it was a race acronym at first!

Kathi - sorry about your Dad, hope he's doing better now.  The yearly testing does not sound fun, but good you're getting through it now so you'll be all set by the 30th!

Sue - glad you had a good spin class!

CC - nice 6!  I do have the issue of getting caught up in work, we often do assessments mid morning and early/mid afternoon so that kind of makes it difficult. But, I could schedule it in, if I put a little effort into it...which I will need to start doing in a couple of weeks!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I've missed some of the postings while I have been here, but skim when I can.  Today, after my foodie tour, I failed and came back to the hotel to nap.  Now it's getting dark, oops.

Elina, being over here in a well vaccinated country, it is interesting to read all the news.  Sadly, the US seems worse...  Hope you enjoy the game tonight.

Karen, hoping them move went well.  Hell, that is the easy part as long as they don't break stuff.  Next up, unpacking!!!  HAH!  Don't envy you.  I still have unpacked stuff in the garage.

Lizzie, I hope you and Baby B are having a decent day.

Kathi, I sheepishly had to admit to the born and raised guide from Lisbon that I prefer Starbucks.  I had to explain I don't really like coffee, so I have to put lots of sweetener in it - syrupy lattes.  It is so bitter here.  Good luck getting your stuff completed.

Damaris, you had snow, yes?  Heavenly for you!  A couple from Toronto were on the tour today and we chatted snow.  YUCK!

Sue, glad you enjoyed spin class.

CC, glad your "semi-naked" run was good!  Let's hope 2022 is a better year in EVERY respect.

Food tour was enjoyable.  We went to some local places and ate more local foods, which is good, because I am not getting that for dinner.  I'm getting more upscale variations.  It's been very good.  Today we had shredded cod, which is very traditional - and very good.  Apparently there are hundreds of recipes.  Cod is their main food even though it isn't native.  It is imported dried/salted from Iceland and Norway.  We also walked around some of Lisbon, learning more history.  Interesting at the contradictory stories from two different guides on some things.  Not major, just little tidbits.  Tonight dinner is at a wine restaurant.  Sommelier Lisbon, so I would assume the wine is good.  We shall see.

Tomorrow I have a wine/cheese 2 hour lunch.  Kinda bummed because it is smack dab  in the middle of the day, makes sightseeing cut in two for the day.  Thursday I have zero plans.  One part of the city is a 30min cab ride, but is a must do.

LOTS AND LOTS of hills!!!  Weather has been outstanding.  65-70 and sunny, actually gets quite warm walking around.  Couldn't ask for more.  And my hotel is nice.  Easy to walk to much of the city.  And it is a few buildings down from a theater, so I get to hear it when my windows are open.

One more thing... OMG OMG OMG!!!  They have a custard tart that is just to die for.  Suppose I should get a photo one day.  Pastel Da Nata.  Creamy custard goodness in a flaky pastry shell.

Toodles.  Off to dinner in a bit, shall have some cheap wine before I go.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Liz, right, you have Thanksgiving soon. It automatically makes me check if there are any matinee NHL games that day Smile Thanks, minis are doing well! Their endless energy is getting more rational Smile

Sue, we do have quite a few anti-vax movements here as well, and ''my rights!'' people. It's just that those in charge have guts to draw a line; especially our prime minister, who was, in fact, born in US (he talks in Latvian w noticeable accent)!

CC, oh, I know the feeling re: those by-feel/higher HR runs, had those in Estonia! Who has time to watch HR when there's amazing sea-side running routes! There was huge wind one day and waves from Baltic Sea were flushing over the rock bank onto the pedestrian walkway! <3 What are your approx 2022 running goals, if that's not a secret, of course?

K, enjoy Portugal <3 I've never been to Spain, nor Portugal (only Croatia/Italy, which I didn't like; I'm more in love w Nordics!)

Tough day at work again, required lot of willpower to not start swearing. For first time in weeks I went our for a run a bit earlier (4pm) and, OF COURSE, got 3 work calls, haha. Thanks Garmin and bluetooth earphones for making answering the call and discussing stuff w colleagues a matter of one click. It was a bit weird, of course, to run on a shoulder of very busy road, in complete dark, w slight rain, wearing reflective vest and lamps, while discussing forecast/planning-related matters w sales guy.

Going to O'Learys pub for dinner today was AWESOME choice. Everyone loved it (they have kids menu as well), plus we went to their new place that opened just a couple of days ago, so the personell was extra happy to see us, haha.

I have three meetings tomorrow, two of which will require mostly me speaking (certain work handover), but I am sitting here and watching soccer (Latvian national team) w mix of Ballantine rum & lime & ginger syrup & orange juice. Meh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Tasty Tuesday!  I remembered to look for Mulled Wine in a bottle and bought some!  Can't wait to try it after work today.  5mi for me again this morning.  Chilly and windy.  Went later after walking with neighbor friend so took my life in my hands - those parents are nutty drivers trying to get their littles to school.  Sheesh!

Kat - glad you are having such a great time!  Such fun things you have planned.  Kinda funny - I know EXACTLY the tart.  I had one while in Macau back in 2012 (had to look that up).  I was in HK for work and took the boat over for the day - mostly for the passport stamp haha.  Since Macau is a Portuguese territory, they were popular.  You can creep my FB pics to see for yourself 

Laura - glad you had an enjoyable run!  We will be BEGGING for 20*s and dry roads too soon haha.  I've been liking getting showered before work as well.  Though, I do now wait until it's light.  And, since most of my team is on Mountain Time, I never have meetings until 9am, it seems.  So, I've been good with working for an hour or so, run, shower, login for the day.  Feels good to get it done and it doesn't get trumped by a last minute meeting.

CC - oh, no need to be jealous I'm done with leaves - it's because it's cold and snowy - you are still experiencing autumn!    Exciting for signing up for Richmond!  Exciting to start putting together 2022 plans!  Oh, yep, after this week, I only have one more full week this year.  Next week Thanksgiving break (we get Thurs/Fri), full week, then I took the next 2 Fridays off, then because Christmas falls on a Saturday, we get Christmas Eve (a Fri) as a holiday and the following Monday for Christmas Day.  Oh, and our Jan 1 observed is on Dec 31 this year.  That's a lot of info that you probably don't care about LOL.  What are you guys doing for the holidays?  Will your parents come to you since your sister is nearby as well?

Sue - glad you had a good class.  Oh man, that stinks when you have to fight for a bike.

Damaris - hope your 2 went well!

HCK - YUCK on those tests.  Ugh - I hate when we get those things.  Ours seem to be sprinkled throughout the year.  One of the last ones I took allowed for you to test out which was AWESOME!  Nice you get the entire next week off.  Sounds like you could use the rest.  Sorry about your dad.  Hope he's doing okay.

Liz - awww I feel bad for all HCDHs leaves!  Does he have a rider to pick them up?  But you have some woods behind you, right?  Just pile them in there   What a DRAG so many are canceling Thanksgiving.  But, hey, at least your family will be there!  How is your SIL doing, btw?  And nephew!  What does he think of Baby B?  Oh, the trainer - she's honestly sort of a hot mess.  Her husband didn't get the jobs he was applying for so they did sign a 1 year lease on a rental house nearby.  I think they are still kind of flying by the seat of their pants?  IDK.  Now she's talking about starting a running adventure company where she takes people on fitness trips or something.  Who knows.  Oh, I used to go to the Dollar Store by my old place for snacks!  Popcorn, dontcha know.  Hope Baby B is being good for her mama today!

Karen - woohoo for getting your stuff!  Super exciting!  Consider it great cross training.  Oh, and, hey, my pet sitter's name is Karen - I took that as a good sign 

Elina - snow almost gone here for now but you can have every last flake!  Sounds like a fun night for you!

Ciao ciao for now...

Docket_Rocket

Kat, I had. It was less than 1/2" and by the time I finished my run it was mostly melting away.

Susan, nice job on the bike class.

CC, nice 6. I'm doing the opposite. I've been ignoring my HR for so long I'm trying to get back to the HR I should be running at.

Laura, nice run.

Elina, good luck with the meetings.

Sandy, enjoy the mulled wine!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gluhwein----I need to make that!!!  Thanks Sandy!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 mile hilly run today that went remarkably better than expected. Yay.

I had to send an email to Monumental inquiring about my virtual race package. It still hasn't arrived and should have been here by now. Maybe it's quarantining at the border? Canada requires a negative PCR test for all entering so maybe it didn't pass? Lol. I don't particularly care about the medal but if there's a shirt I want that.

FB finally deemed me legit and reinstated my account.

Work is going ok I guess.  I'm assuming we will be laid off again at some point due to the chip shortages. Which reminds me that I need to ask for Friday off due to a funeral.  My cousin. He was my age.  I'm suspecting it was not accidental. 🥺 We weren't close but I am close-ish to his brothers.

Not much else at the moment.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**