Womens Running

Friendliest Weekend (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

Gatsby, in this weather... better be with clothes on... otherwise I'd have frozen.._________.  Nice job with the trail run!

Marjorie, thanks for explaining.  I've been know to run circles around the cul de sac in front of our house just so I don't have a run distance to the hundredth of a mile.  Stupid engineers!  And I yell at my students for using too many significant figures.  You're definitely hardcore running in the cold and rain.  My niece (not the one with the flag photos) is trying to figure out how to continue running in the cold weather. I gave her some tips on what to buy, including a balaclava.  She said that people will think she's trying to rob them.  My response, "no if you're out in running shoes in the snow everyone knows your just a bada$$ runner!".  Right!!!   Hope you find the missing button.

Damaris, you'll do fine - better if you're rested and breathing well.  Glad you sorted things out with the bookcase - things like that will set me off - doesn't take a very long exposure time.

Back to grading design reports.

Anonymous Guest

I'm beat. Sorry I haven't been very good at personals lately. Lots of stress at work, more stress with the upcoming move and everything that goes along with building a house and trying to get a house ready to sell, etc. I ran just under 13 today, which helped with the stress, but now I'm sore and tired. Better than just tired, I suppose.

D, you've probably still got a bunch of residual fitness from Chicago. I only got up to 16 before the double weekend in October, and it was the weekend before. The 16 was painful but the marathons went well. If you have time to fit in a 14-16 miler sometime in the next week, it would probably give you some piece of mind, but I think you'll be okay even if you don't. Just don't go out trying to PR. I've got another in 3 weeks and today's run is my longest in awhile. I have a half next weekend that I'm sort of racing, should be able to make it a 14-15 with a little warmup. But that's it. Not the training I want, but with the foot the best I can do right now. If you can just keep breathing, you'll be fine.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Cindy-I hope that I didn't somehow curse you when I named this thread.  That sucks about the car being broken into.

Susan-have fun with those reports! You Super Streak you!

Damaris-I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about.  With the number of miles you put in and how many marathons you have under your belt.  You can go out any day and run another one.  I'd say that if you're feeling tired, you'll be far better off resting than getting in crappy miles that pull you further down.

Marjorie-so what is the cure for DOMS?

Gatsby-I did not go out and log in .4 so that I have 30 miles this week.  I also am not required to put dollar bills all facing the same way in my wallet.  It's actually funny how little that sort of stuff doesn't bother me.  http://elitedaily.com/envision/these-30-infuriating-photos-will-probably-trigger-your-undiagnosed-ocd-photos/  In fact, I enjoy doing things in different ways or different order just to make people wonder.  I told my husband that he must think I'm Wonder Woman because he is always wondering about me. Not sure exactly what it says about me, other than annoying. LOL

Carol-Why are our liquid carrying devices leaking in the cold?  Probably because they have frozen and aren't closing completely.

Marjorie-hope your shorts and your button are reunited soon!  Asking your opinion on this, the only time my knee hurts when "running" is when I do walk on flat sections or walking down a hill. Kept me running more on Saturday since it hurt to walk if on a flat.  Running was fine, walking up a hill was fine.  Running down a hill was fine.  Just walking on the flat parts. Easy solution of course but sheesh that's one way to make sure I run as soon as I get to the top of the hills.

More painting this morning. It's a good thing that I do the upper body workouts.  Otherwise I'm sure that my shoulders and arms would be killing me.  As it is my hands are sore from rolling but not exactly a body part one works out very much outside of normal use.  At the bake sale I was wondering how the heck my hands hurt from my run, then remembered the painting.  Funny that if something is sore I instantly think it must be run related.

I think it's very telling that I could do 20 up/down, twisty, rocky, rooty trail miles carrying 70oz of fluid in backpack at the start in temps in the teens for 4.5 hours and feel soo much better than running a road marathon in 5.5 hours in perfect temps with aid stations.  Planning on taking Thursday to run the big Poto loop with run buddy (17-19 miles), then we are looking at doing around 25 on the day before Thanksgiving.  I want to see how that feels before signing up for The Huff 50k which is on Dec. 20.  If I get through those 3 long runs I will taper with gusto!!  Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner and be all set for the Christmas holidays!!

Lisa