Womens Running

Wow! It's Wednesday. (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Batgirl, congrats on the new title coming!

Tuesday was a 40 minute track run and cardio DVD for 20 minutes at home. I have found that the cardio DVD helps my muscles to loosen up after my run. Then they don’t stiffen up. I stretch after running, but the additional cardio helps a lot.

Today will be tea with a friend after work, then track run and cardio DVD at home.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, Ladies!

3 TM miles for me this am, also managed some squats and upper body weights.

Hi Judy - have a great day!!

Hello to everyone else, I need to catch up from yesterday's post  - will try and check in later!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Was out early for 10.2. Now to my first center if the day.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Still haven't run....I keep oversleeping!

Judy...tea with a friend sounds so British and fun!

LC...I haven't done weights in so long..........

Morning Marjorie, have a good day!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  My 2 X 2 @ HMP went badly.  I couldn't breathe at HMP heartrate, I couldn't run that fast without risking an asthma attack, so I stopped a lot, took it easier but finished.  I am still coughing thanks to it.  4 miles and weights tonight.

Judy, which cardio DVDs do you do?

LC Runs, nice job on the morning workouts.

Marjorie, nice job on the run.  Hope your day is not too hectic.

Ginny, stop oversleeping!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, enjoy the tea with the friend...hope there are sandwiches and cookies as well.  That's the best part of tea.

Laura, good to see you check in!

Marjorie, holding up well, thanks. As I think some on here probably know DH and I had a sometimes fraught relationship, there was fault on both sides, and while not having him around has taken some getting used to we are adjusting to the new household. I think DS in particular is much happier. He and DH did not get along well -- not only was there the expectable turmoil as DS grew into a young man and DH into an old one, but DH's illness contributed heavily towards their butting heads frequently. I'm still having a few not so great days, yesterday was DH's birthday, but I'm coping.

Karen, I hope you can run -- I was wondering about the foot problems and how that would affect the last quarter of the year, especially our plans for Columbus Day weekend. And congratulations on the promotion!

Ginny, sorry about the oversleeping. But it was because you were watching those little sweeties last night, right?

Damaris, sensible to cut it short. HMP runs work better in HMP conditions, and I can't imagine you'd be running a HM in the heat and mugginess of an evening in early September. The Disneyland half started at crack o' dawn, didn't it?

4.2 miles this morning, planning to go to the gym at lunch since I couldn't yesterday.

LC Runs

Marjorie - great mileage, as usual!

Ginny - hey there!!  I am sporadic with the weights, I tend to do much better when I'm running on the TM, as the weights are downstairs as well.  Definitely not as consistent when I run outside in the morning

Damaris - ugh, sorry about the asthma/cough.

Tessa - glad to know you and the kids are doing well most of the time (((hugs)))

Home for lunch (I get to do that when I'm not traveling), about time to head back to the office bleh

camille2

I ran  45 min in steady and chilly rain.  It was a pretty good one after I got out, but it was sure  tough to head out into it.  It wasn't pouring at least.

DR, be careful with the asthma.  Hope you feel better soon.

Tessa, I'm glad you're holding up OK.

Karen, I hope you had a better day.

Have a good evening!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

Hey all, quick check-in. First day of my two-day workshop I've been stressing over is done and it went well. Traffic was awful getting out of Alexandria though - so glad I don't work there and so glad I don't drive in traffic every day. And I think even though I have a ton of stuff to do at the office, it was good for my sanity to get away from there for the day and focus on something totally different. It's a workshop to update and modify the exam for our certification program though, so mentally exhausting.

The good thing about not running is after getting home late after a long exhausting day, I don't have to feel guilty about blowing off a run! Foot is feeling much better, continuing with all my rolling, taping, etc. Doctor appt. next Tuesday. I just want to get this completely gone so I can enjoy the rest of the year. I may not even try to run a fast marathon until spring (I am currently thinking I'll target Rehoboth in December), thinking maybe a little less pushing and stress for a few months while I build back up may be a smart thing to do, physically and mentally.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel