Womens Running

Iced Tea MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Some places are selling ice tea just for $1 today for National Iced Tea Day Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 wet miles for me. Abs class tonight.

Good run! Started off drizzling and then around mile 5, the sky opened up. I was soaked but it felt amazing. Think I am going to throw in some speed work tomorrow just to mix it up.

Let me just give HCF a plug here..I was the biggest bitch to him yesterday. I am not sure why I was so irritable, but I was mean. It was like everything he was doing was annoying me. Not sure what was going on (I think I am still going through some emotional stuff without nicotine)...I apologized last night but still felt bad this morning. This guy sent me a text while I was on my run and said "Good Morning my love, I left some towels out in the garage for you so you can dry off". WTH. I don't deserve him. 

Our 4th day in a row of rain. I am ready to see some SUNSHINE!! And Ruger desperately needs daycare 

Hoping this day goes by smoothly!

Have a good Monday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Took today off and I scheduled another massage. Maybe my ass thing can be helped.  6 tonight.

Unless iced tea is with sugar, it's not worth it.  Unsweetened iced tea is horrible.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sorry you were a grumpy girl yesterday.  HCF does seem like a keeper!!!    If the weather is warm enough, downpours aren't too bad.

Damaris, good luck with your ass.    Still anxious for you waiting to hear.   I don't like iced tea at all, blech.  SO popular down here.

Got up early again - 6:30 and started cleaning up a bit, house is again a disaster.  Would like to steam clean the carpets this week, but unlikely.

Not much else.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Back is bad so I'm pulling from races this year and focusing on healing it.  Probably won't post much if at all any more.  Luck to you all.

Lizzie when I've been horrid to DH I send him flowers at work.  It's a surprising nice way to say Sorry.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, so sorry your back is bothering you.  Don't disappear though.  Check in with us, even if not daily.  Big hugs.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  I survived the weekend, DD's party went well.  Small gathering, only 4 kids, but she only invited 6.  She was planning on 3 boys and 3 girls and having the girls sleepover.  Due to a lot of graduation parties this weekend, only 3 of the kids could make it and only 1 boy.  I felt sorry for him, the girls were really picking on him!    In retrospect, 4 kids was plenty!    DD had lots of activities planned; water balloons and water guns, Slip n Slide, shaving cream Twister, pinata, photo booth, bonfire with S'mores.  Got my running in also, 6 miles Saturday and 12 yesterday, about 6 miles in rain.  Also did my lower body strength and stretching.  Rest day today and I am really going to rest.     Today is the last day of school.  The grade school "claps out" the 5th graders, they walk through the school and all the other kids line up in the hallways and clap for them. The parents wait outside.  There is usually lots of crying.    I actually prefer unsweetened ice tea!  But I have a hard time drinking anything sweet, I have to have soda with ice.

Lizzie, nice running!  Nice mileage for the week.  That is sweet of HCF.  Nice that you can forgive each other and move on.  Sign of a healthy relationship.    We have sunshine but it is windy!  20 mph winds this morning, feels like in the 40's.  At least I wasn't running.     I'm getting a massage at 7 AM tomorrow!  She wanted me to come in early.  That works, I can get to work at a decent time then.  Glad the dinner with HCF's parents went OK.  Dinner at the in-laws was interesting Friday night, DD and his dad get into a lot of "debates".  They have the same personality.  The "boys" were outside and the ladies were inside and at one point BIL came and sat with the girls to get away from the debate.    Spiders webs aren't too bad yet but the mosquitoes are already horrible!  Haha, even I have packed my winter clothes away!  Though I still have some warmer running clothes out!

Damaris, hope you get your ass fixed.    Nice 12!

Kat, wow, you are getting up early!    And getting up early and running!  Awesome!  Donald Duck day, eh?    Nice deal on the trail shoes!

Diane, sorry about the back.  I hope you recover quickly!

Karen, wow, that sounds like a tough 12 miles!  I hope you are feeling better.

Kupcakes, sounds like an interesting 5K!  It is a pretty place to run though.

Margaret, wow, that sounds really hot for you!  Sounds like a big sleepover at Karen's in OR.     I am not surprised that your legs are still tired.  Even though you are Wonder Woman.  

Carol, I bet you look cute in that running skirt!    I have some skirts, but I don't wear them as I don't like to call attention to myself.  

Tessa, nice to see you check in!

Laura, the youngest will be driving?  At least you will be done after this!     I will be happy after this month is done, all the grad parties will be done!!

Cathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Dhuffman63, please don’t disappear. We all post because we are friends, not because of our exercise. :::HUGS:::

Lizzie, I was raised on iced tea. No sugar. Often in restaurants it is bitter so I don't get it for that reason. 

Cathy, how neat about the 5th graders being “clapped out”! 

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did 50 minutes out the trail. It was a nice run with lots of bunnies.

45 TM running minutes, a fast walk, then 25 minutes spinning. The spinning is helping my agility (or am I imagining it?). I don’t adore the bike, but I do it because I think it is helping. Also, a faster friend of mine told me it is how she got faster. Sunday Buddy told me that it strengthens the fast twitch muscle fibers.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

5 this morning. Still have a bit of a sore throat, but I feel fine otherwise. Not much else happening here, just groceries, chores, etc. We decided yesterday (on the hottest day of the year so far) that we're going to postpone getting the dogs trained until the fall. They were going to go in when we go on vacation at the end of this month, but the guy doesn't have a/c in the kennels where they'd be staying. Riley doesn't do well in the heat - my delicate little flower needs his a/c. So I got them a kennel reservation instead.

We're getting a cold front! Dew points in the 60s and possibly 50s the next couple days! And Wednesday morning the temperature will be in the 60s too! The local weather guy said we have only seen dew points in the 50s 0.8% of the hours in June since 2010, so it's pretty darn exciting. Of course, Wednesday morning is the day I have CPR training (need to keep it updated for my coaching cert) so I won't be able to run long that day. Assuming I'll feel 100% tomorrow and hoping to get 14 in - long run for the week.

I'm not a huge fan of iced tea, but I've been getting this diet iced tea/lemonade drink in cans lately and it's pretty good.

Liz, nice rainy run! Aww, HCF is definitely a good guy.

Damaris, thoughts and prayers for your ass. 

Kathryn, dang, you have been getting up early a lot lately! I've got the Roomba going to pick up fur right now so I can mop later - floor cleaning solidarity! Oh, I offered up crew/pacing/support services for Rocky when texting with Lisa yesterday. Offer is good for both of you.

Oh Diane, I'm sorry. That's a tough decision to make. Agree with the others, check in with us some.

Cathy, your DD is a trip. Can she come plan my parties? I just point at the pool, point at the food, and say entertain yourself. The "clapping out" for the 5th graders is a nice idea. Good mileage for you this weekend.

Judy, great that the bike is helping! For some reason, I can usually stay on the bike longer than the treadmill. And the treadmill longer than the elliptical.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Enjoy the massage! I prefer sweetened tea myself! I saw a commercial for sweet tea lemonade this morning. Sounded so good.

Kathryn – Dang, you are becoming an early bird!! Enjoy cleaning. Yuck.

Diane – I am so sorry about your back! Check in with us!! Flowers are a good idea! I was thinking of another way……..

Cathy – Nice running for you this weekend! I am sure it was needed after all of those activities from DD’s birthday! Man, did she plan all of those herself? 😊 Sounds like run! Aw, sweet what they do for the last day of school. I am sure DD will enjoy that. Is she excited to go to middle school?! I would love to get a massage that early! Lucky you! I reached out to someone new over the weekend but never heard back. Guess I have to find someone else.I hope the debate wasn’t political. That’s just asking for it 😊 LAZINESS is why I hadn’t packed away those clothes haha.

Judy – Awe, love what you said to Diane. Do you make sweet tea at home? Wow, nice job on the workouts this weekend! I have heard the cycling can make you faster!

Karen – Nice miles today. I hope your sore throat doesn’t get worse! Feel better. I am LOL’ing at RILEY! “delicate little flower” HAHA. Ruger is the same way. Prince Ruger, I call him. YAY for awesome dewpoints! Enjoy them! Pass it my way please.

I am heading to abs soon! Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

LC Runs

Rest day for me...I thought about going out this morning but woke up to downpours so decided it was better to get extra sleep LOL.

LIzzie - awwww for HCF, what a nice guy!  You DO deserve him, silly!!

Damaris - hope the massage helped!

Kat - I try and keep the house up, but it is a no win situation!!

Diane - so sorry about the back issues, don't stop posting, though!!

Cathy - DDs party sounds fun!!  My kids have until Thursday for school to be out and they are ready!  Yes, I took DS out Saturday for over an hour, I swear if I was a Drivers Ed teacher I would need Xanax!

Judy - awesome with the Spinning, I think it is a great way to improve your running. We used to have spin classes in town but then that gym closed.

Karen - nice 5 and woot woot on the cooler weather!!

I am actually a fan of both sweetened and unsweetened tea but I prefer unsweetened (**ducks from Damaris**)!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

So humid out tonight. 4.5 miles and some strength training.

I'm not an iced tea fan. Every so often I'll get a chai from Starbucks, but that is the extent of my tea drinking.

Lizzie, HCF leaving you towels is so sweet.

DHuffman, hopefully you can find something to help your back.

Turtles, the clap out for the 5th graders sounds like a nice tradition.