Womens Running

Friday Hopefully Warming (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Forgive me, I put the wrong title on the thread yesterday.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

There is hope for Spring! Some little bulbs out in the reading garden are poking their little heads up through the snow.

Yesterday was a 35 minute track run with intervals of slightly faster speed. When I got home I did a 25 minute cardio DVD workout.

Today I need to grocery shop first after work, then I will do a workout at home.

It is supposed to warm up at least some today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Biking tonight.

Yesterday, the weather was super hot and humid, creating severe thunderstorms and tornado watches all day, so I ended up hopping on the TM and running a full mile.  I'm back!  Will monitor today (although I can tell the mile had no effect on my body) and if OK, tomorrow I shall do 2 miles.  I am ahead of schedule but my husband (a doctor) and the surgeon have both told me that my body will know.  Now I understand what that means.

judy, hope Spring comes around you all.  We jumped from Summer to Summer down here.

Damaris

TGIF!!

Ran 5.3 last night and 3 miles easy this morning on the treadmill.

Hoping this afternoon will be nice so I can take the bike for a spin.  Smile

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

One more cold crappy day, then predicted to be 60 and sunny tomorrow, followed by 40s and 50s for the foreseeable future. Please be spring, please be spring, please be spring.

Damaris, woohoo on the one mile, and even better, that you are feeling no ill effects from it. You are on the way back!!

Susan, I couldn't see the picture you posted yesterday. What did you get??? I'm glad you got the fitting too - DH always says that is one of the best and biggest things you can do to improve your biking.

I will probably run 5 easy miles after work tonight. I'm going to push off yesterday's 11 (took an USRD to deal with dog stuff and a delivery that needed a signature) until tomorrow. Will make for a high-mileage weekend with 11 Saturday and 17 Sunday, but that's when the weather is good and that's when I have the time to do it.

Work is crazy busy after my meetings earlier this week. Made up the action item list from the first meeting and 13 of the 16 items are things for me to do. I'm a little afraid to start on the second day's list! Even with everything going on, I decided to go ahead and take off the three days after our spring meeting at the end of the month (It's a Sunday through Tuesday in Orlando), and DH is going to drive down Sunday/Monday after his bike race in VA, then Tuesday after the meeting we're driving over to Naples to spend a few days at one of his uncle's places. Looking forward to relaxing, warm weather, sunshine and beaches. And of course I found a 10K down there that Saturday...

Daylight savings time starts this weekend! Woohoo for all my fellow evening runners, sorry for all you morning folks.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--I got a 2013 Cervelo P2.  It is beautiful.  So glad I went to the shop.  They did measurements, adjustments, changed out the handlebar stem, saddle, pedals, etc.  Hop I can ride today and not fall over!!  Tomorrow is a rest day for me, but I may go on the local bike club ride.  Easy 6 or 10 miles.

Yay Damaris!  Glad to hear you are feeling strong enough for a short run--just don't over do it Wink

Anonymous Guest

Sweet! I'm so excited for you.

Karen--I got a 2013 Cervelo P2.  It is beautiful.  So glad I went to the shop.  They did measurements, adjustments, changed out the handlebar stem, saddle, pedals, etc.  Hop I can ride today and not fall over!!  Tomorrow is a rest day for me, but I may go on the local bike club ride.  Easy 6 or 10 miles.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm home.

Airport this his am got to check in. Told me I had to go to the D concourse. I was at J. This merger between usair and American is a mess. The two are in very far away from each other terminals (Miami and Charlotte). It is a long walk. I was not amused. But I got a random tsa  precheck on my boarding pass so didn't have to wait.  Land in Charlotte at the end of the A terminal. Have to walk over to middle of E. So got tons of walking in for sure.  Charlotte usair has B -E.   Of course my flight was way over to E

Thinking of doing some more painting tomorrow for the master closet and bathroom.  And if time the master bedroom.

Doggies had had doggie dental yesterday. Dh didn't take off their Coban bandages where there IV s were. Quincy won't let me touch his. The Coban has been on long enough it is hard to get it to unwrap. Hammy let me cut his off. Have to wait for dh so he can hold Quincy's head. I don't want to stab the dog.  Silly boy is limping. Drama king. It doesn't hurt but he wants attention since he has on a bandage.

Marjorie

camille2

It's been a busy week, but I got a project delivered this afternoon and have a few days before I return to my mom's.  I sure need to get some work done in the house...maybe on Monday.

Demaris, woo-hoo on your mile.  Sounds like you're  definitely on the mend.

Marjorie, bummer on the different terminals.  Funny you mentioned it, a  friend and I just booked a trip on AA and we connect thru Philadelphia. There was a note about it being a different terminal. I've only been to that airport once, so I hope it's not a huge hassle. I'm glad you made it home though!  Enjoy the weekend.

Karen, I laughed when I saw how many tasks you ended up with. Sorry.  I hope the next day's conference left you with a shorter list.

Laura, bummer on your partner leaving.  Maybe you'll get someone great.  Do you like your clients?

Ginny, congrats on that second win!

Sue, enjoy the ride on the bike!

I walked this afternoon and am hiking tomorrow. The hike is to two waterfalls that will be new for me so I'm excited about it. It's 7 miles which means no running until Monday, but at least I get to be in the woods on a trail.  I prefer that to  1.5 miles of running flat loops around the park.  : )

Hi Lisa, Judy, Tessa.... My mind has lost the comments I thought of for you. : )

Gatsby, if you're lurking, have a great race down there.  We want pics.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today; we had sleet and freezing rain that started last evening and lasted all night, so it was a mess of slush and ice this morning. The kids were out of school for the 8th day this year, and we were without power for several hours. I wound up doing Wii Just Dance for my exercise.

Busy weekend - DS3's birthday is Monday, and we have his party tomorrow afternoon. It's at the local roller skating rink, so at least I don't have to provide the entertainment! I'll squeeze in 9 miles before the party.

Damaris - glad that you're bouncing back ahead of schedule. I know not running is frustrating.

Crazysue - enjoy the new bike!

Karen - I second your "spring" chant. I'm SO over this weather. Good luck with the high mileage weekend.

Camille - when you're done with your house, want to come to mine? It's a wreck! It's hard to clean with the boys at home, and they've tracked in a ton of mud with this weather.

Tessa - my thoughts are with you and I hope the logistics of everything go smoothly.

Have a great weekend everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2