Womens Running

Hello TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

ginnyb

Thanks Karen, I have the correct one ordered now!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I think you can do a 100 miler with proper training. You and RN are very similar in some respects.

Yes, we're keeping Jupiter. DD got to keep a kitten (Hrhiow), DS got to keep one (Iota), now it is DSBF's turn to keep one which is why this group is all J names. Never mind that DD already added Keagan to her household -- we got the kittens just before that so we got the J name.

Working today, WFH tomorrow, then Thursday morning flying out to Detroit! Pinelands runners -- did you see the request for us to bring either side dishes or desserts for a fund raising food sale? I could either bring baked goods that are frozen or bake Friday night (depending on when the Detroit van gets there) or Saturday. What are others planning?

Managed 3.2 this morning, forgot to wear running shoes and too busy to get to the gym anyway. Tonight neighbors are coming to meet the kittens, so I won't be able to run then either. Think I'm going to go do a few flights of stairs to get a bit of exercise.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH this next training cycle I am going to try the GU’s. I have a sensitive stomach, but honestly I have never tried them. I have been too scared! Well, I poop on my runs now so what is the difference at this point? LOL. Anyway, where does everyone get theirs? I don’t want to buy a lot of them just yet. I want to make sure I like them! Sandy gave me a birthday cake one to try Smile

Diane – Good luck on the 2 at lunch! The work gym offers yoga? That is pretty sweet.

Karen – YAY for birthday patio furniture!! You are able and ready to do 100 IMO Smile I am excited for you. But you are really going to have to start carb-loading November 1 Wink I was thinking the same thing about June! I thought I had a good month or two between training cycles. Bummer. What you said about vacation makes sense. Just me and HCBF time. And like Cathy said, I am sure we will find something to do……Awesome news on the coach!! Yay!

Sandy – Wow, nice workout this morning!! I bet it did feel good! I thought I might have trouble in Body Pump later, but I guess it will help me feel better. We do a lot of squats in that class, too. I plan a slow and steady shuffle tomorrow as well! How interesting to work the long jump! That would have been fun. Sorry that the “younger gramma” was so annoying. Was her name Beverly? Thanks for offering up your Airbnb for TCM! Smile  I am going to wait it out for a little while and see what happens. The fares did this when I was planning to go out to Milwaukee but then came down again. Fingers crossed! YAY for sister time!! How long is she in town for? Crossing my fingers on your nephews apt today!

Kilmisters – YEESSS CAPSSS!!! I didn’t want to say anything earlier because I wasn’t sure if you watched the game yet!! Smile Last night they wanted it! I hope they want it during Game 7!!! Ouch on the 3 hours sleep!! Get some rest!

Cathy – Woohoo nice miles! With hill sprints? Oh boy. My perfect weather Smile LOVE that quote. That can be used for a lot of things Smile You are right – running in your hometown is comforting. It would be the perfect race for your comeback Smile Though you may comeback before then! I bet we could get Sandy to come out for that one, too Smile I always remember that you take a week off after a race. I am just so scared of losing fitness. I have a hard time being nice to myself.

Ginny – Hang in there! You will come back stronger than ever. I know that’s easier said than done. You are being smart and not pushing yourself..you know stubborn Liz wouldn’t do that Smile Let us know how things go with the trainer tomorrow!

Docket – OMG no power!!! Glad they fixed it. I wouldn’t be able to survive in your climate without AC. Haha. Oh yes, I knew we would get some rain everyday..I just wanted there to be sunshine in there, too! I remember going to Disney this time a year when I was a kid..and we always had an afternoon shower and thunderstorm. It never failed! Hopefully the tropical depression stays away! Can’t wait to read your RR!

AHH busy afternoon. Heading to body pump class in about 30 minutes! Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Tessa! Flights of stairs? I considered doing the stairmaster myself this afternoon! At least you can work from home tomorrow before the trip! I vote baked goods of course.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

I did get the 2 in...Tues is speed work so I ran and worked on my power walking.  Shoes I had on though have seen their last days.  Sad though cause they are the Clifton 3's I really liked.

For now the gym offers Yoga at 530 am or pm.  They change up classes periodically.  Tues and Thur are normally run days so I haven't been. It's called Powerflow Yoga so we'll see what it entails.   This is the same gym that offered cardio kickboxing that was not cardio kickboxing.  If it sucks I can go home and row.

Tessa at least at an AirbnB there's an oven correct?  Is the next set to start with L?

Working today, WFH tomorrow, then Thursday morning flying out to Detroit! Pinelands runners -- did you see the request for us to bring either side dishes or desserts for a fund raising food sale? I could either bring baked goods that are frozen or bake Friday night (depending on when the Detroit van gets there) or Saturday. What are others planning?

Tessa, I did see that. I’m lazy and figured I could pick up some cookies or other dessert item there on Sat.

Hi to everyone. Sorry for the quick fly by, in the office today and checking in from my phone. Have a lot to do before I leave for Maine on  Friday.  (Yay for Pinelands, boo for work)

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Diane, yes, usually at the airBNB or similar rentals there is an oven. Not sure about baking equipment though.

Next set may start with any letter. The next cat that joins our household will be an L. We've had Alex, Bagheera, Cranberry, Dominic, Edmund, and Fernanda, and currently between us we have Guinevere (Gwen), Hrhiow, Iota, Jupiter, and Keagan.

Liz, flights of stairs indeed. The building we're now in is 73 stories tall. I made it up 25 flights and back down. So that's 1100 steps.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles in the rain. I frequently run in the neighborhood where the officer was killed, it felt a little odd going through there. I was a bit surprised that only 1 TV station (we have 4 local ones) was there.

Lizzie, I get Gu at Performance Bike Shop. They sell it individually, so no commitment. I think REI also sells them individually. Or a local running store.

Ginny, the large TVs are definitely nice.

DHuffman, the yoga sounds worth trying.