Womens Running

We Rock WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Got my bib number and if you go to the Prairie Spirit FB page on the 24th you can watch my progress....it's 135.

Gatsby – ooooh calling HCBF DH.  I think that’s a sign!  You were only making dinner at 7:30pm??  OMG, I am thinking about bed haha.  And, no, it is NEVER too early to go to bed.

Uh oh, yikes, must have been a Freudian slip.  Or maybe it was the wine talking.  

Sorry about that Lizzie!  I don't want to jinx anything!

Tessa, I heard the imbecile-in-chief had another very important reason for a CA visit... fundraising.    I haven't heard that he's expected i NorCal.  Now that would REALLY be pushing his luck.

Re gray hair... I've been covering mine for years.  

DHuff, shi*t's getting real if you have a bib number!  Anything can happen with the weather in 10 days, but will send warm vibes your way.  Please send rain vibes out west!

Turtles, happy Pi Day to you too!  Who brings doughnuts to Pi Day?!

Hi to everyone that I missed.

Back to work.  Still babying my knee, just taking walks this week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

LOL, Seloc. I start dinner at 8:30pm.  Cooking, not eating it.

Tessa, ugh.

Ran my 7 on the TM while watching Patriots Day for the first time.  Then went to OTF and it was Power Day so I ran a lot of all outs (2.85 miles of that).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday!

3.1 after work.  Still chilly and windy but at least the sun was shining!

Lizzie- ugh, I get eye twitches too, usually when I'm overly tired, so annoying!  Nice 8+!!  Oh Girl, I have had grey hair since my 30's, mostly around the hairline.  I color it every 4 weeks, bleh!

Damaris - this time change has been hard on a lot of people, we were talking about it at work today since everyone's dragging.  Nice OTF workout!!

Hi Sue and Judy - hope you had a great day!!

Diane - I don't think they did anything at my DS' school (middle school), the boy that died was a freshman in HS which is where they had the information/discussion.  He is doing okay, though I think a lot of it is the emotion of people around him at school.  Mental health is such a big problem (along with drugs though I don't think that was an issue in this case).

Sandy - so sad about that young man.  Sounds like a very busy day for you!  I used to coach soccer when the kids were younger, just the younger ages.  Oh wow, some of the kids lol.  It was like they either 'got it' or had no idea.   A lot of sitting on the field and talking, playing, picking the grass....especially the defenders.

Hi Cathy - sounds like a super fun night!  BF and I were home by 7:45 if it makes you feel better ha ha!!

Kat - I must have missed it, what are you making?

Karen - nice day for you!  I'm glad you are in a good mood...I am hoping mine improves with the weather and daylight!

Tessa - UGH on  the downtown mess with POTUS, blech!!

Carol - so I looked up the incident you were talking about, awful!  The article I read actually said the kid went to West Branch schools (HS I think) for a couple of years, his name doesn't sound familar. My DD is the same age so I'm going to ask her about him.

Diane - I want to follow you, I will check it out!

Margaret - sorry the knee is still bothering you.  LOL on the Freudian slip!

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with 10 x 3 minute intervals. So windy out there. At times it felt like I wasn't moving at all, other times it felt really easy going uphill.

I have no idea if I have any gray in my hair. I'm guessing I do, last time I got it cut, the stylist made some comment about how my hair would look good gray I've got various shades of blonde & brown, so I'm sure there could be gray or white mixed in.  I do have a random white eyebrow hair that gets plucked.

Seloc, that's awful about your former co-worker.

Arimathea, DH was really pleased when Obama decided to go from some event at the Baltimore harbor to Pikesville  (about 15 miles northwest) via car. During rush hour. On a Friday afternoon. So what is normally gridlock was made even worse since everything was closed.

DHuffman, definitely don't stress about weather 10 days out. Here they can't even predict if it's gonna snow in 12 hours.

Docket_Rocket

8 with 10 x 3 minute intervals. So windy out there. At times it felt like I wasn't moving at all, other times it felt really easy going uphill.

I have no idea if I have any gray in my hair. I'm guessing I do, last time I got it cut, the stylist made some comment about how my hair would look good gray I've got various shades of blonde & brown, so I'm sure there could be gray or white mixed in.  I do have a random white eyebrow hair that gets plucked.

Seloc, that's awful about your former co-worker.

Arimathea, DH was really pleased when Obama decided to go from some event at the Baltimore harbor to Pikesville  (about 15 miles northwest) via car. During rush hour. On a Friday afternoon. So what is normally gridlock was made even worse since everything was closed.

DHuffman, definitely don't stress about weather 10 days out. Here they can't even predict if it's gonna snow in 12 hours.

It once took me 3 hours to make it home from downtown (14 miles) when Obama was giving a commencement speech at the Miami-Dade College near my office.  It was horrible and worse because I live by the airport, so they closed the two highways (I95 and 826) that could take me home so the airport route was available for him.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

3 hours to go 14 miles? You could have run it faster!